GDT: Jets vs Coyotes (Feb-6th, 7pm CDT) - "The First Arch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Great GDT as usual Zham :laugh:

Awesome GDT! Selanne's trade was devastating for me as a teen Jets fanatic. The Jets seemed to always have bad luck in the playoffs, whether it was continual matchups vs the league's best in early rounds or injury issues.

But this year it looks like we've got some good home cookin' - it took a while to get the ingredients right, and maybe we're not quite ready for the cup yet, but this team is a real meal, not some slapped together fast food that tastes good for an hour (season) and then leaves you with a destroyed gut (salary cap hell and no draft picks).

There are very few teams I hate, but Arizona is one of them. They represent the Jets that were stolen from me, and I would be pleased to see them stay at the bottom until they get moved. Chew 'em up and spit them out, boys!

I hear ya. When the Jets 1.0 left, I stopped watching hockey until 2011. It seemed we could never get things right for the post season.

Looks like things are on the right track now. Go Jets Go!

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Looking at Arizona's schedule the last month and seeing they've taken Nashville to OT, NYR to a shootout, SJ to OT, SJ to a shootout, Nashville to a shootout, thumped St. Louis 5-2, beat the Isles in OT holding them to 2 goals.

A blowout win for the Jets would be a lot of fun, but Arizona could play us tough tonight.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

I hear ya. When the Jets 1.0 left, I stopped watching hockey until 2011. It seemed we could never get things right for the post season.

I stopped the day the Jets left, and jumped right back on the Bandwagon as soon as I heard we were getting a team back. I was also pumped that they were going to be called the Winnipeg Jets. Then shortly after, found this place.... and the rest is history!

Great GDT again Z5gg! I really do appreciate you doing this.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Ya me too , didn't want the NHL to get anything from me including my time . I even stopped going into hockey pools , was too pissed off .

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You know that reminds me of when the MTS center first opened , we won a draw and got a tour of the place and after the tour was done Chipman came in and sat down with us to tell us what his plans were with getting the Moose . It was very interesting but i had to ask if he would eventually try to get a NHL team , he just smiled and said anything is possible . It always gave me hope , just the way he answered me , had to be there i guess , that we would get our team back . :nod:

teeks643

Feb 2, 2010
whkEK2f.png

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I remember watching Supersize Me in Phys Ed class and then immediately going to Dairy Queen for lunch afterwards with my friends. Fun times.

I'm actually kind of nervous for this game. The bottom-6 injuries are starting to add up, and Arizona has been keeping some good teams honest lately.

Will somebody finally finish one of Roslovic's sweet passes tonight?

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
Attention Winnipeg Jets.....trap ahead ...... I repeat.....trap ahead

Completely agree, particularly given how banged up we are. Odd roster tonight for the Jets and the Yotes have been much better recently than their overall record would suggest.

I very, very rarely bet against our Jets, but Arizona +1.5 goals at -150 was too good to pass-up, especially given our penchant for close games of late. The Jets are the biggest favourites of any team tonight - with a healthy lineup I think that’s 100% fair, but I think there’s some value on Zona in that line.... also, I might win my Jets over 91.5 points bet by the end of February!!!!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Completely agree, particularly given how banged up we are.

Are people really believing the Jets won't take the Coyotes seriously enough because we are injured? I'm having a tough time with that correlation. One would think that would have just the opposite effect.

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
Are people really believing the Jets won't take the Coyotes seriously enough because we are injured? I'm having a tough time with that correlation. One would think that would have just the opposite effect.
I too don’t understand the correlation you’re drawing because I believe what some are saying is that this is both a roster being iced tonight that is patched together due to injuries and less than full strength.

Zero discussion of the team “not taking the Coyotes seriously” - rather that the Yotes have been playing very well of late (much better than their record suggests) and the Jets aren’t icing the team tonight that’s got them into first place in the central and thus may not be able to perform at the level we’ve become accustomed to.

It’s a legitimate concern given our injuries and one being discussed by Jets fans on this board not to poke holes in our team but rather to discuss the very real issues created by the volume of injuries we currently have.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I too don’t understand the correlation you’re drawing because I believe what some are saying is that this is both a roster being iced tonight that is patched together due to injuries and less than full strength.

Zero discussion of the team “not taking the Coyotes seriously” - rather that the Yotes have been playing very well of late (much better than their record suggests) and the Jets aren’t icing the team tonight that’s got them into first place in the central and thus may not be able to perform at the level we’ve become accustomed to.

It’s a legitimate concern given our injuries and one being discussed by Jets fans on this board not to poke holes in our team but rather to discuss the very real issues created by the volume of injuries we currently have.

The definition of trap game is a game the team doesn't take seriously. Then you agreed "because we are so banged up"

That's the correlation I don't understand.

Being a weaker team because of injuries has nothing to do with being a trap game

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
Are we really going to take another trek down the semantics trail to nowhere?

While this game, to many observers, may appear like it will be an easy win for the Winnipeg Jets, this is tempered by:
1) our recent spate of injuries;
2) our unusual roster; and,
3) the recent stellar play of our opponent.

Call that combination whatever you wish - trap game, game with a potential for an upset, more difficult game than appears on it’s face.... don’t care, but that’s what’s being articulated.

There can be tolerance on this board for different takes - we’re all cheering for the same outcome, which is success for the jets. That said, having a discussion about factors that may impact that success is part of being a fan....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad