Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Canadiens - Tuesday @ 6:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I think at least it goes to OT, which would be ok with me as long as both teams play well. Montreal is playing without two of its top players in MaxPac and Subban. As long as the Jets follow the coaching staff and the system that has been implemented...we should be fine.

I have a very hard time believing that we'll get blown out again by a team that struggled last season and is struggling currently.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I think at least it goes to OT, which would be ok with me as long as both teams play well. Montreal is playing without two of its top players in MaxPac and Subban. As long as the Jets follow the coaching staff and the system that has been implemented...we should be fine.

I have a very hard time believing that we'll get blown out again by a team that struggled last season and is struggling currently.

Which team is struggling? Not Montreal who is 3-1 with three straight wins, I'd say both Winnipeg and Montreal are both pretty hot right now.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
We're going to drop the Habs down the list in the old GA category! I think we'll win this one easy. Full confidence in the Jets right now. :handclap:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Which team is struggling? Not Montreal who is 3-1 with three straight wins, I'd say both Winnipeg and Montreal are both pretty hot right now.

They have only played one tough team in Jersey. Florida is a joke and the Caps had yet to find their legs. They also just lost Max Pacioretty. Hot is very relative.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Two teams on 3 game win streaks. I will not be upset if we lose. It's going to happen sooner or later. With that said, Jets are too physically imposing for the Habs and will grind them down. Keep an eye on Markov, don't underestimate Galch and we will come out on top 3-2.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach Claude Noel press conference

Coach-Noel-January-28-2013-300x168.jpg

Coach Noel – PK improvement. Accountability due to leadership group. Improvements team needed to make for this season. Why is his team better able to handle things this year? Not looking too far ahead. Development of Burmistrov. Keeping team in-balance. Reluctance to put too much into 5 games. Shortened season impacts his interaction with team. Assessment of the upcoming game against the Canadiens. Needing to have consistency in the group.

To listen click here.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Without Paccioretty and Subban the Habs are not a very strong team. Price can steal them any game though and Markov has instantly made their PP deadly. It's easily a game where the Jets can out-chance them 10:1 and lose.

Pittsburgh is a team we just beat. They haven't played as well as we have either.

I'm pretty sure the rankings are a prediction for the coming week based on expectations for the team and their recent play. I don't think it's just based on recent play alone.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Two teams on 3 game win streaks. I will not be upset if we lose. It's going to happen sooner or later. With that said, Jets are too physically imposing for the Habs and will grind them down. Keep an eye on Markov, don't underestimate Galch and we will come out on top 3-2.

Completely forgot Galchenyuk is with them now... the kid is a real playmaker. I hope we can play the whole game with the physicality we had in the first period against the Isles, and either Kane or Burbeastrov take it to Galch.

My prediction is that Pavs starts to get hotter, 3-1 Jets win! Goals from Kane, Ladd and Jokinen. Hainsey with 16 assists.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player audio from the MTS

Mark-Stuart-January-28-2013-300x168.jpg

Mark Stuart – Team confidence. Assessment of game against Islanders. Winning games they may have lost last season. Maturation and growth of this team. Challenge of the grind.

Dustin Byfuglien - Anything different with power play? Difference between this team and last year’s squad? Match-up with Montreal. Team consistency. Singing Quiet Riot.

Ondrej Pavelec – Playing in Montreal. Team fighting back to win from 2 goal deficits. A more confident team? Upcoming road trip. Team commitment to defence (in Pittsburgh game he is referencing).

Andrew Ladd – Greater commitment to defence this year. Having 4 lines to roll out with an active defence. Playing 3 games in 4 nights. Getting off to a good start. Special teams play. Leadership of this team.

To listen click here.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
IMO, the rest of the league probably sees us as the same way we see teams like the Islanders and Canadiens - a likely non-playoff team that is currently overachieving to start the season. Eventually they'll (we'll) come back down to earth and the "real" playoff teams in the East (PHI, NYR, CAR, WSH) will replace us in the standings.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Coach-Noel-January-28-2013-300x168.jpg

Coach Noel – PK improvement. Accountability due to leadership group. Improvements team needed to make for this season. Why is his team better able to handle things this year? Not looking too far ahead. Development of Burmistrov. Keeping team in-balance. Reluctance to put too much into 5 games. Shortened season impacts his interaction with team. Assessment of the upcoming game against the Canadiens. Needing to have consistency in the group.

To listen click here.

I can barely hear that someone's talking in that interview. Too bad, I wanted to hear what he had to say about the development of Burmistrov.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I think our size will be very noticeable against Montreal. Is anyone in there top 6 even 6'0?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I think our size will be very noticeable against Montreal. Is anyone in there top 6 even 6'0?

Depends who they start at top six.

dailyfaceoff has them starting

Eller 6'2 Desharnais 5'7 Cole 6'2

Prust 5'11 Galchenyuk 6'1 Gallager 5'8

put they can also have Plekanic 5'11 or Bourque 6'2

we should hopefully be able to wear them down with our big bodies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jert

Gin and Tonic, especially pluralized; common pronunciation of the abbreviation "G&T" used in England.
"A couple of stiffish jerts, Jeeves."
"Yes, sir."
"Stiffish, Jeeves. Not too much tonic, but splash the gin about a bit."
- P.G. Wodehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00