Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Canadiens - Tuesday @ 6:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Yet another huge test as the Jets begin a 3 game road trip this week (Montreal, Florida, Tampa Bay). Habs are playing well and aren't allowing a lot of goals. If the Jets past 4 games are of any indication, we should stand a fantastic chance in this one. Our approach and starts to the last 4 games (Boston, Washington, Pittsburgh, NYI) have been great.

Anyone think we see line-up changes? Does Wright come out or stay in? Scheifele get back in? Peluso make his debut? Does one of Clitsome or Postma come out to allow Redmond a game?

Should be a great game. I hope we get to see Peluso in this one, I'd like to see what the kid can offer. I'd also like to see Redmond get in a game here.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
While I would like to see the possibility of Peluso and/or Redmond in the lineup, the team is winning so I can't imagine the coaching staff is going to mess with that right now imo.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Hopefully they make a detour to Barrie to drop off Mark at some point. Scratching him for 3 games doesn't help his development.

Why? He is practicing with and against men at the professional level and is receiving pro coaching, fitness training, and guidance as well. He sits beside Jokinen in the dressing room. He is traveling with an NHL team as a part of the team. How does Barrie trump that learning experience in any way when he is often facing off there against players as young as 16 years old?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Why? He is practicing with and against men at the professional level and is receiving pro coaching, fitness training, and guidance as well. He sits beside Jokinen in the dressing room. He is traveling with an NHL team as a part of the team. How does Barrie trump that learning experience in any way when he is often facing off there against players as young as 16 years old?

If you spin it that way, it makes sense. Practice isn't like real games, though.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Big game. We really were awful against Canadian teams last year, hopefully we do better this year.

Of course, all games are big games. Montreal aren't the small smurfs they've been in past years though, it's gonna be tough.

Mungman

It's you not me.
Mar 27, 2011
Outside the Asylum
Hopefully they make a detour to Barrie to drop off Mark at some point. Scratching him for 3 games doesn't help his development.

I read somewhere that Barrie has a light sked right now, something like a stretch of 2 games in 12 days. No harm keeping him up for awhile, he may stick around to practice with the big boys for a week to 10 days then play 2 games and figure out the way forwared after that.

This!

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Big game. We really were awful against Canadian teams last year, hopefully we do better this year.

Of course, all games are big games. Montreal aren't the small smurfs they've been in past years though, it's gonna be tough.

So true we need to change that **** this year

Blackie Dammit

proud flatlander
Jun 27, 2011
Interlake
I think we will see Sheif play vs MTL then who knows after that. Maybe he'll travel with the team to FLA and they will send him back to Barrie after that, either way, he is going back to Barrie, Wright has looked better than Sheif so the writing is on the wall for Mark. But I agree with Gump, having him travel and practice with the team is still good for him.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
I think we will see Sheif play vs MTL then who knows after that. Maybe he'll travel with the team to FLA and they will send him back to Barrie after that, either way, he is going back to Barrie, Wright has looked better than Sheif so the writing is on the wall for Mark. But I agree with Gump, having him travel and practice with the team is still good for him.

Keep Shief up and get rid of wellwood I say!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Barrie plays Friday and then they are off for a full week. I'd rather have Schiefele practicing with pros and NHL coaching than practicing with Barrie.

Starting February 8th, Barrie's schedule picks up again, so I'd expect him to get sent back around that time.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Go Jets Go!!!!!!!!!!!! Need a big W here.........plus I dont want to pay for my friend's wing order tuesday night!

5-3 Jets win. Clitsome with 3 goals and two assists plus a TKO of R. White.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I have a bad feeling about this game. Don't know why, but I just feel like we may have a disappointment with this one...stupid Canadiens.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
I'm conflicted about this game, I could have bought two tickets to this game for the Bell centre but I have a class that night I can't miss. Right after class, in the second period I'll walk down to Reggie's bar, the university bar and watch the game in my Jets jersey with a classmate or two. The bar usually is packed with drunk students. Should be fun. Go Jets Go! I mean Habs, no Jets! Habs, I'm so conflicted

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
Would be huge to not have to play against Price. If we get Budaj, we win. With Price I have a rather bad feeling, too.

Price is starting according to Marc Antoine Godin (Habs beat writer) on Twitter. Too bad as they play the Sens the next night so there was a chance...

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice

Fingers crossed Eller doesn't have another 4 goal game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad