Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Avs Nov 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice notes & audio:

Lines & D pairs remain the same. Coach confirmed Hellebuyck in net tomorrow night.

Players - Lowry, Morrissey & Scheifele.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: On what makes the Avs top line so dangerous. Are other teams defending the Scheifele line differently this season? Is Hellebuyck starting tomorrow? How does he balance the goalie schedule? Has he been impressed by Brossoit this season? Are the 5 on 5 chances there? Did he see what he was hoping to see from Laine on the Tanev/Lowry line? Is there a different role for Laine now? Is this a by-product of the hardwork of Tanev/Lowry? How hard is it to strike a balance to be fast but also to be quiet (in his approach)? How much of a role model are Wheeler/Scheifele for Laine?

To listen click here.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Practice notes & audio:

Lines & D pairs remain the same. Coach confirmed Hellebuyck in net tomorrow night.

Players - Lowry, Morrissey & Scheifele.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: On what makes the Avs top line so dangerous. Are other teams defending the Scheifele line differently this season? Is Hellebuyck starting tomorrow? How does he balance the goalie schedule? Has he been impressed by Brossoit this season? Are the 5 on 5 chances there? Did he see what he was hoping to see from Laine on the Tanev/Lowry line? Is there a different role for Laine now? Is this a by-product of the hardwork of Tanev/Lowry? How hard is it to strike a balance to be fast but also to be quiet (in his approach)? How much of a role model are Wheeler/Scheifele for Laine?

To listen click here.
Holy crap, 100 Laine questions. Their imagination just blows my mind. Stupid questions, too!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I was kind of surprised that Mackinnon is 23 now. The age of these kids sneaks up on me :)

Looking at his stats, he really didn't start getting into his current elite territory until last year at 22.

It just helps me temper my expectations of some our young guys to see this.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
10+ hours to the release of the GDT...

Lots to do...

0ZBLNOU.png

Reactions: wabagee

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
10+ hours to the release of the GDT...

Lots to do...

0ZBLNOU.png

Can I be "assistant to the director of GDT operations"? My position would be ceremonial in nature with no added responsibilities and increased pay. Mainly I will assist in yelling at interns and enforcing lunch room etiquette.

Reactions: Ducky10

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Can I be "assistant to the director of GDT operations"? My position would be ceremonial in nature with no added responsibilities and increased pay. Mainly I will assist in yelling at interns and enforcing lunch room etiquette.

My fake position gives me the power to appoint people to fake roles. It’s one of the perks of the job.

Reactions: winnipegger

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Talk about a long time in between games for Frenchie 2 , still think Maurice should have played him in second game against Florida , especially when it was back to back games . Would like to see Laine with Schief this game and have Lowry , Tanev and Copp checking the MacKinnon line all night .

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I’ll make 4 predictions for the game tomorrow.
1) we’ll get a boatload of penalties
2) Colorado will get a boatload of power play goals
3) 5 on 5 offence will die on Wheelers stick
4) Liane will be pining for the fjords

I’ll be in attendance hoping I’m overly pessimistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad