Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Avs Nov 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Figure we might get this thread rolling as there are no games for the next week.

I understand why it was scheduled this way but it is absolutely ridiculous to have two, week long breaks while we are not even 1 month into the regular season. Wish they had scheduled this later in the season when a break from hockey would have been more welcome.

Anyways... huge divisional game.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Wonder if we'll be in a playoff spot come game day?

Doubt it

This plot isn’t tough......if Helly is over .915 at he end of the season we make the tournament. If he is sub .910 then this will be tough. Lots went right last season but the magic was primarily fueled by Vezina level goaltending.

Our team isn’t scoring enough goals at evens right now.....we are back to being too undisciplined for my liking. We are only + 3 in goal differential which is ok but not great. At some point this season I expect this team to warm up and play better but we need “the man” to be at least league average and my bet is that happens.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Figure we might get this thread rolling as there are no games for the next week.

I understand why it was scheduled this way but it is absolutely ridiculous to have two, week long breaks while we are not even 1 month into the regular season. Wish they had scheduled this later in the season when a break from hockey would have been more welcome.

Anyways... huge divisional game.

And you’d raise hell if they didn’t have adequate time off after travel to Europe. It’s best to have some time off in between.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
We havent done well against teams with a winning record. Lets use Colorado to show that this fact is just a function of early in the season small sample size.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
This is a big game early in the season. Nashville is leading the pack and Minnesota is winning consistently. Colorado would be ahead of us if not for their meltdown against the Flames. A loss to Colorado could put the Jets outside the playoffs early. Not a big deal, but every point matters. Hoping the Jets stay consistent in having started this year without losing 2 in a row.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The jets are shooting at 5.81% right now at 5v5, second worst in the NHL. Total lack of puck luck right now. If the Jets matches their 8.56% shooting percentage from last year, they’d have ten more goals.

Exactly, once the needle starts to turn the other way we will start to rack up the goals and the wins.

Reactions: ps241

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The jets are shooting at 5.81% right now at 5v5, second worst in the NHL. Total lack of puck luck right now. If the Jets matches their 8.56% shooting percentage from last year, they’d have ten more goals.
And if Helly was at last year's save% we keep another 5-6 out of the net. These things will soon come IMO.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
This is a big game early in the season. Nashville is leading the pack and Minnesota is winning consistently. Colorado would be ahead of us if not for their meltdown against the Flames. A loss to Colorado could put the Jets outside the playoffs early. Not a big deal, but every point matters. Hoping the Jets stay consistent in having started this year without losing 2 in a row.

The Matthew "Jimmy" Hendricks Experience leading another team to more success than they deserve.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad