Jets to play Heritage Classic in Regina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They had real issues with it being too warm and the sun melting the ice when the game was in Winnipeg. They had to delay the start of the game by almost 2 hours and they probably want to avoid doing that again.
Right , i forgot about that . :thumbu:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
"Luckily for us we have a night game so the sun will not be a factor," King said. "When we had (the 2016 NHL Heritage Classic) in Winnipeg, we had a sun delay, but wind could be a factor, so if that comes into play, we'll make adjustments that are necessary and for the teams, they'll switch ends mid-way through the third period.

Heritage Classic ice truck arrives for Jets-Flames game

cut.jpg

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
"Luckily for us we have a night game so the sun will not be a factor," King said. "When we had (the 2016 NHL Heritage Classic) in Winnipeg, we had a sun delay, but wind could be a factor, so if that comes into play, we'll make adjustments that are necessary and for the teams, they'll switch ends mid-way through the third period.

Heritage Classic ice truck arrives for Jets-Flames game

cut.jpg
I know i'm a homer but our stadium is way nicer looking than this green thing . :laugh:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
No way. If this stadium was anywhere but Regina, I think most people would agree the structure itself is superior to IGF. It was designed by world class stadium architects.
Sports & Entertainment | HKS Architects

Ours was... not.
I said looks way better not built better , i wonder if their concourse cement fell apart from rolling beer kegs on it .:laugh:

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Still a fair number of seats available

Yeah I think a lot of people will be late buyers. I know quite a few people who want to go but will likely wait last minute. We may not sell out on this one. What might be limiting people from coming is basically every hotel and motel is booked for that night and there isnt much left in property rentals for that night either. Regina just doesnt have the capacity for this type of event.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yeah I think a lot of people will be late buyers. I know quite a few people who want to go but will likely wait last minute. We may not sell out on this one. What might be limiting people from coming is basically every hotel and motel is booked for that night and there isnt much left in property rentals for that night either. Regina just doesnt have the capacity for this type of event.
Totally agree , i sure wouldn't want to pay for tickets and then have to stay in Yorkton because there are no places to stay in Regina . Can you imagine the fight to not have to be the DD . :laugh:

Reactions: sipowicz

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They had real issues with it being too warm and the sun melting the ice when the game was in Winnipeg. They had to delay the start of the game by almost 2 hours and they probably want to avoid doing that again.

Still, 9 PM? That's 8 local time. Also Calgary time.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Totally agree , i sure wouldn't want to pay for tickets and then have to stay in Yorkton because there are no places to stay in Regina . Can you imagine the fight to not have to be the DD . :laugh:

:laugh: I'm sure you could get a hotel closer than Yorkton.

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
After being at the debacle that was the last game here I turned down free tickets to this one. Its just not that exciting and looks way better on TV.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
After being at the debacle that was the last game here I turned down free tickets to this one. Its just not that exciting and looks way better on TV.
Plus sleeping in a tent at this time of year would be very uncomfortable . #no hotels . :naughty:

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Trying to decide on tickets. Could use some advice from people that have been to an outdoor NHL game. I'm guessing the best seats are further up rows in the 100 sections? Any thoughts on how high up gives the best view of the ice while still being as close as possible? Highest row of the lowest sections would be what I'm looking for?

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Trying to decide on tickets. Could use some advice from people that have been to an outdoor NHL game. I'm guessing the best seats are further up rows in the 100 sections? Any thoughts on how high up gives the best view of the ice while still being as close as possible? Highest row of the lowest sections would be what I'm looking for?
Your not gonna feel close anyways since your a mile away.....get up HIGH so you can at least see the game... IMO

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

I was at the Heritage Classic game in Calgary and I concur with SCP Guy, go as high up as possible for the best possible view of the ice.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just make sure you can see the video screen . :laugh:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I was at the Heritage Classic game in Calgary and I concur with SCP Guy, go as high up as possible for the best possible view of the ice.

The nice thing about CFL stadiums is that they are quite intimate, and even the highest seats aren't really that far from the field. Unlike the monolith that is Michigan Stadium. Shit, you need binoculars just to see the Jumbotron. :laugh:

HOHM-Winter-Classic.jpg

Reactions: Guardian17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad