Post-Game Talk: Jets survive the Hurricanes.. Win 3-1

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Fairly boring game although both teams had some prime opportunities, just lacked that back and forth (or the Jets pounding them) component that would have made the game exciting to watch. But whatever, happy for the win
UTEVbs3.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'll take the win but man was that not all that good. We are looking like we did this time last year, playing sloppy hockey but finding ways to win.

Brossoit with a real nice game, if he can give us that as a backup we will be fine.

JoMo with a pair of assists and some strong d play again. He wasn't as sharp as he has been but still a good outing.
Trouba was not all that good, giving the puck away all night and like most of the team was off.

Chariot and Kulikov had CF's of 4 and 8% that says it all they were absolutely garbage tonight.

Morrow and Myers were asked to punch above their weight and both really struggled at times. Myers just can't handle that matchup we know this now. Morrow also can't without an elite partner.

Our breakout was awful tonight and that isn't a surprise with who we had on the ice. I am ready to get Niku up so that we have another plus breakout dmen.

Scheifele, Wheeler and Conner: A very up and down game from them. They had some great chances but were also poor in their own end. They really need to clean up their d play as it isn't good enough.

Little Laine and Ehelers: A better night from these guys, they generated some real good chances but like the Scheifele line were poor in their end. Little with a real nice night, Laine with a good game and Ehlers started getting things going.

Lowry, Copp and Tanev: Like most of the team the line was up and down. Did their thing at times, but at times were sloppy.

Roslovic, Ves and Perrault: Ves just isn't ready, losing battles, killing plays he needs to go somewhere where he can play. Roslovic was solid and Perrault was ok.

Reactions: LowLefty

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Maybe Chevy isn't the idiot people decided he was this afternoon after all Broissot was a good pick up.
Does that make up for Dano and is it possible he knows something we don't?

Reactions: The Big M

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Hey, I liked Broswash tonight too. But man we have a tiny sample with the new kid. Hope he can keep it up, though.

I like ugly wins and this one was one of the ugliest. Wow. We got a primary assist from tonight's refs for the power play goal. We got smoked on the Corsi, but hey we won the Scorsi! That's what counts.

We really haven't looked good to start the season. Why is it like that every year? What is the common denominator here? Hmmm.

Anyway, you never really know what you have until about 10 games in. Lets keep winning, even if ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad