Post-Game Talk: Jets survive the Hurricanes.. Win 3-1

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We gave up only 1 goal last night. Thanks Croissant. :thumbu:
Once again, Myers was on the ice for the GA. :thumbd:
In 5 games we have given up 11 goals. He has been on the ice for 7 of them. Not in all cases but several times playing a prominent part in giving up the goal. In another 1 he was in the penalty box.

How long does this have to continue before it becomes statistically significant? Real question. With a small sample size, this is just big event awareness. But at some point, it becomes a real indicator of a problem. 4 of those GA and the 1 in the pb came in 1 game. So at that point it is just one bad game and maybe some bad puck luck. But I certainly haven't liked the look of his D play this year so far.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
In 5 games we have given up 11 goals. He has been on the ice for 7 of them. Not in all cases but several times playing a prominent part in giving up the goal. In another 1 he was in the penalty box.

How long does this have to continue before it becomes statistically significant? Real question. With a small sample size, this is just big event awareness. But at some point, it becomes a real indicator of a problem. 4 of those GA and the 1 in the pb came in 1 game. So at that point it is just one bad game and maybe some bad puck luck. But I certainly haven't liked the look of his D play this year so far.

He absolutely looks like a train wreck in his own zone. Any pressure and he turns the puck over. He was getting handled on the boards too, like I can't recall him winning a single board battle.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Anyone else excited that Broissot is starting to look like Helle lite? If that kid can give us 25 starts oh man!
Oilers fans not too excited. See their comments. Apparently helle sucked too.

Really need a boot camp on prospect development for oilers fan on main boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jet

The Big M

Dec 29, 2017
High time to get Niku up here. And while we're at it, Poolman has got to be a lot better than anything Charoit or Kuli can offer. Put those two on waivers & nobody touches them with a ten foot pole.

I'd love to see a stay home guy like POolman paired with Buff, and Niku with Morrow I guess.
It's all part of the process. Poolman and Niku are getting big minutes and responsibilities with the Moose.
This can only help their development.

Poolman and Niku I'm sure will see some games up here at some point.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

You know this is dangerously close to bringing up +/- right? ;)

Seriously, I can't tell who's at fault on goals. I always blame the player closest to the scorer, and then someone will explain why the real culprit was 50' away. Meh, when in doubt, blame the goalie. :laugh:

Reactions: Jet

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Anyone else excited that Broissot is starting to look like Helle lite? If that kid can give us 25 starts oh man!

Is Maurice going to give him 25 starts? I doubt it, even if he matches Helly's performance.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Haha what?

Did you watch Poolman? When he was at his very best last year he kept his head barely above water. He was garbage in preseason. Not to say that's his ceiling but man the hot takes in here. Kulikov played his FIRST game last night and besides a couple of giveaways I thought he was solid.

Myers was bad last night. You know who was worse? Joe ****ing Morrow. Put Myers back with Kulikov and Chia with Buff when he comes back. Niku will get his shot this year. Poolman???
I'm okay with giving Kulikov a change on the 3rd pairing with Myers.

But Chiarot with Buff is just a drag on Buff. Morrow was very good with Buff, and he's a better option that Chiarot. Chiarot is nothing better than a depth D. Playing him in a top-4 role is ridiculous.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I don't want to pin this all on Morrow but he is zero damn help. I don't know if Myers can carry an inept partner. I feel like he's played well through a few stretches so far this year but he was bad last night, and Morrow was even worse

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm okay with giving Kulikov a change on the 3rd pairing with Myers.

But Chiarot with Buff is just a drag on Buff. Morrow was very good with Buff, and he's a better option that Chiarot. Chiarot is nothing better than a depth D. Playing him in a top-4 role is ridiculous.
I'd be willing to give that a go but Morrow has been awful this season so far IMO

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
You know this is dangerously close to bringing up +/- right? ;)

Seriously, I can't tell who's at fault on goals. I always blame the player closest to the scorer, and then someone will explain why the real culprit was 50' away. Meh, when in doubt, blame the goalie. :laugh:
I was gonna say that but then thought naaaaaaa :)

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Woohoo!

Attachments

• index.jpeg
    index.jpeg
    14 KB · Views: 5

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I was excited three months ago. And relax he's not Helly ;)
But I think the kid is a serviceable backup that can play 20-22 games this season. And I'm high on the guy but that's what I think happens.

Reactions: Jet and KingBogo

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't want to pin this all on Morrow but he is zero damn help. I don't know if Myers can carry an inept partner. I feel like he's played well through a few stretches so far this year but he was bad last night, and Morrow was even worse

My own impression of Morrow is a little mixed. He could still become a decent player. But I can't tell who is trying to carry who with that pair. I haven't seen any stretch of Myers playing well. He defends well against the rush but once the opposition gets setup in the D zone he is just about useless. And he seems to be pretty consistent.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
And why do so many people seem to think that's acceptable? Maybe they should shorten the regular season, and have a 20 game pre-season. Also, maybe some pre-playoff games after the regular season, just to get them into playoff mode before the real playoffs start. :sarcasm:

Please note, none of this is directed at you. Just using your post as a jumping off point for a rant.

Well, I think we can all expect that teams can't play at their best 100% of the time. If a team played equally well through the season we could rightfully ask what the coach was doing through those 82 games to not get any improvement..

At least FEL commentators constantly seem to bring up the point that teams aiming for the championship are still training quite heavily during first part of the season. They trust their skill to carry them through that part of the year even if some speed or freshness/speed is lost. Might very well be different in NHL due to much greater parity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->