Post-Game Talk: Jets survive the Hurricanes.. Win 3-1

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Deserve has nothing to do with it...
View attachment 146813

And if the Jets keep playing like that...

"We all got it coming kid"....

780198895-iKLhcErhYjr56.png

Reactions: Larabee

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well at least people can breath easy another night about our backup. I liked the kid, still do, he can play. Do people believe it now? I know it's only one game but at least I won't have to hear claim Hutch for one day. Great game by the kid. Jets stunk. Tendy was great.

You were and are correct.

There is a deep satisfaction with having your back up “goalie” arguably hottest team in the NHL.

Someone needs to post that gif of the bird running from the explosion .

Last edited:
Reactions: YWGinYYZ

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Chiarot had a CF% of 4.17.
4.17%.
The Jets had one shot attempt with him on the ice and I remember it. Roslovic hit Chiarot with a sweet give and go in the 1st and Chiarot missed the net.

Ben was beyond attrotious tonight.......he was really rattled and had no answer for the Canes pressure.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Let's face it, Bro'swat stole the Jets a win.

DoLittle became Little again with his best game of the year, Laine with a good game for change.

As someone else mentioned, Ehlers needs to go to the forth in a swap with Frenchy, Dutch Boy just isn't working hard enough!

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
This was Littles best game in 2 years. I said that even before he scored. He finally showed jump and support offensively.

Kul and Morrow and Chiarot and Myers all struggled hard tonight.

Laine Elhers Conner Morrissey and Trouba not to mention Frenchie in net there were outstanding.

Its a good win, but man we have work to do. Looks like everyone is running different breakouts.

Agree. Haven’t seen Little play like that in a long time. Glad to see he’s still got it in him. Credit where credit is due - he had a strong game.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agreed. Just got home from the game and was very impressed with their game. Great defense and lots of speed.

Yea just got home too and Canes played with pace and such great structure. PMo was very complimentry in the post game interview.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Brossoit played amazing. I think he'll get a start in one of the next few games, but think next game it goes to Hellebuyck. Love how they keep it in the attacking zone most of the time and create scoring chances, but either the video coaches are on their game for going against us and need to do something new and smart. He looks right now to be a steal of a bargain. Ended the streak for the hottest team in the NHL in fashion.

By the way, we need Laine up with Wheeler and Scheifele. Plays best up there, not the guy to drive the play, he's the type of guy to finish and create better scoring chances for the team for tip-ins and rebounds which is why he's perfect to be up with them. As you could tell from that first goal of the game.

Connor and Ehlers should be with Little next game.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
As I mentioned in the Game day thread if anyone here says they want Buff traded again we are tying you to a chair clockwork Orange style with the eyelids forced open and we are making you watch the bottom 4 D flounder and we are putting it on repeat all night.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hard to get used to those new uniforms - it's almost like your not watching the Jets -- very hard to adjust to. Personally I don't like them, as I like seeing the Jet's in their official dark blue uniforms- or even the original heritage uniforms.

These new uniforms almost look like a southern US football team uniforms -- more like the powder blue uniforms. The uniforms aren't ugly -- I'm not sure the colors suit out hockey team ?? Maybe I'm a little old fashioned ? Anyone else agree ?? :huh:

Reactions: Runforthecup

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I think there was more pressure on the Jets than the Canes tonight. Canes already had 2 points from the night before so this would have just been a cherry on top. Plus they were 4-0 whereas the Jets were at risk of becoming sub 500. And the Jets still took it.

Good to see Little get the game winner. He should sleep well tonight.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Yea just got home too and Canes played with pace and such great structure. PMo was very complimentry in the post game interview.

Don Waddell has been pretty good at assembling defenses, and Brind'Amour is a good coach. They may be this year's Columbus. That's a tough division. NewJersey and Washington should be playoff teams. Pitt and Columbus I am not so sure, it's early but both have issues. Isles under Trotz could be a playoff team, Trotz usually gets the most out of his teams. I think the Rangers are sellers by Christmas, and the Flyers have issues.

Reactions: ps241

Don Tami

Aurinkokuningas, Kiekkoleijona #79
Feb 28, 2017
Realised 2nd actually sounds like "Ehler's little line" with my broken english, so that is something.

Oh, and nice W too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad