Post-Game Talk: Jets survive the Hurricanes.. Win 3-1

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
A wins and win -
Other than our back up, we are not looking very good in our own end.
Connor's gotta make you laugh - he steels one from Wheels the other night and tonight it's a meaningless buzzer beater.
No worries farm boy - they all count.

Reactions: GNP

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Happy for Frenchie the goalie , great game by him . Anyone still think we should get rid of Buff , we are a different team without him and not for the better . He and Morrissey are the only D that can move the puck out of our zone , Morrow and Charoit were horrible tonight and i'm going to cut Trouba some slack because of family reasons only . Good 2 points though .

Reactions: ocdaddy

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Post game interview with Z5GG

“I gave it my all tonight, but it was tough. The WIFI kept cutting out and servers weren’t responding. But we fought through it and got the two points.”

The final 8 minutes or so was me trying to get connected back to the WIFI to keep the feed going. WTF
You would think usage would be light at 3:30am?

So too soon to talk about how to “fix” the first line? Keeping in mind that ELL is to hot to break up ;)

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I think now we know why Kulikov has been sitting. Playing with Buff, Chiarot was atleast breaking even in corsi, playing with Kulikov the guy had 1 shot attempt for and 23 against at 5 on 5 in the entire game LOL. That's comically bad.

If Buff cannot play in the next game, there is no way Kulikov should be in the lineup on his off-wing. Call up Poolman.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
This was Littles best game in 2 years. I said that even before he scored. He finally showed jump and support offensively.

Kul and Morrow and Chiarot and Myers all struggled hard tonight.

Laine Elhers Conner Morrissey and Trouba not to mention Frenchie in net there were outstanding.

Its a good win, but man we have work to do. Looks like everyone is running different breakouts.

Reactions: Kgame

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
I know it was one game but I find it absolutely hilarious that it looks another goalie has slipped through Edmonton's fingers.

in 2016-2017 he was .928
yes, he regressed in 2017-2018 but the whole team was an absolute dumpster fire. Imagine being the oilers backup going in on second nights of b2b's? It'd be impossible to prove yourself in that situation.

Edmonton drafted him, seasoned him over the course of 4 yeas, and at the first bit of adversity they dump him? Wow.

Edit: I see now they didn't draft him, but they did develop him

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I feel so dirty for winning this and feel like I should be donating it or something... :laugh:

Alert.png

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Thought two of ELL had a strong game and Ehls drew the penalty that Laine scored on, so he gets a bone, and Laine especially was noticeably better on the boards in P2 and 3. Time for KVes to step off-screen in favour of whoever's left after the waiver purge. I think either Lemieux or Petan would work there.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Brossoit was as good as we had hoped after some good games in the pre-season.

Boy were the breakout passes from our D like wet farts. I don’t know how many turnovers they caused.

Refreshing to see the 2nd line playing with Morrissey, they looked completely different with better D feeding them on the rush.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I think now we know why Kulikov has been sitting. Playing with Buff, Chiarot was atleast breaking even in corsi, playing with Kulikov the guy had 1 shot attempt for and 23 against at 5 on 5 in the entire game LOL. That's comically bad.

If Buff cannot play in the next game, there is no way Kulikov should be in the lineup on his off-wing. Call up Poolman.
I want the pool boy.

Reactions: Runforthecup

MotionlessGravity

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
A wins a win I guess but that was far from enjoyable to watch. Hurricanes speed gave us fits. Our bottom 4 defensemen were atrocious. Myers could not make a quick simple play to save his life tonight. Morrow and Kuli were right behind him and Chiarot was maybe the best of the worst tonight.

There was no flow, couldn't make a play under pressure.

Brossoit was lights out so that was great to see.

Little was moving his feet most of the night. I liked his effort and he got the gwg as a result.

Maurice loves running the top line into the ground. Can't keep playing them 25 minutes a night. Be nice if we could play our 4th line more than one shift in the 3rd.

This game illustrated how important Buff still is to this team. Man did we miss the big guy out there tonight.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Happy for Frenchie the goalie , great game by him . Anyone still think we should get rid of Buff , we are a different team without him and not for the better . He and Morrissey are the only D that can move the puck out of our zone , Morrow and Charoit were horrible tonight and i'm going to cut Trouba some slack because of family reasons only . Good 2 points though .
What family reasons?

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Fairly boring game although both teams had some prime opportunities, just lacked that back and forth (or the Jets pounding them) component that would have made the game exciting to watch. But whatever, happy for the win

I'd attribute some of that to being a Sunday night game. It's the worst night for a game unless it's a long weekend. The atmosphere is always lacking because everyone knows the next day is the start of another work week. I really wish the Jets would try to get more Saturday night games instead of Sunday. Leave the Sunday dates for the Moose (in the afternoon).

:jets

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Morrissey made things happen tonight offensively. Looked a little tentative on the PP but when you're suddenly thrown into it it takes time to key into the system. Still he gets an assist on the PP and teed Laine up perfectly in the 1st. The play that resulted in Laine's goal was him choosing not to shoot into a crowd of players, but opting to shoot at Scheifele's open blade for a tap-in instead, he missed it and it went off the backboard straight to Wheeler.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Post game interview with Z5GG

“I gave it my all tonight, but it was tough. The WIFI kept cutting out and servers weren’t responding. But we fought through it and got the two points.”

The final 8 minutes or so was me trying to get connected back to the WIFI to keep the feed going. WTF
You would think usage would be light at 3:30am?

So to soon to talk about how to “fix” the first line? Keeping in mind that ELL is to hot to break up ;)

The first line really hasn’t been stellar. IIRC they were negative both in scoring and Corsi before this game. It’s hard for them to produce with the insane minutes they are logging, and other lines can’t get in rhythm because they’re hardly playing. What was PoMo thinking?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad