Post-Game Talk: Jets Smash Preds 6-2

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I just can’t believe this! I did not expect this at all.
What I don’t get is why Nashville stopped playing the trap right from the start of the second period even before we scored.
It looked a lot more like Nashville stopped playing the trap than it did that we figured out how to beat it.
Am I wrong?

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
You don't win the game in the first, but you can lose it, Nashville had the 1st by the nuts couldn't score, Jets destroyed then in the 2nd and skated them in the 3rd.

Reactions: 204hockey

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Nice bounce back.

Ehlers and Laine coming up big on the dambuster.

Hopefully those Perds fans went home until October.

Bucky with some timely saves.

Loved the performance by our playoff additions: Stastny and @AmericanDream

Basically not to put 4 forwards out on the PP at the end of the period with that lead.
hahaha, told coach to f***ing play me more!!! AD is a winner, he comes from a winner, just put him in the damn lineup Maurice!!! I can trip over my skates less than Hendricks..lol!

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Right on. After listening to them, I wasn't sure who won the game. Not one positive thing to say about the Jets' effort but a continual whine about how the Predators will come back on Monday. Johanssen and Rinne particularly. Pisses me off. What's wrong with these guys?

That was a straight up embarrassment, I'm not one to complain about things like this as you can just turn off the TV or turn off the sound but when the analysis is this atrociously skewed I think they deserve some strongly worded emails. I know my mother will probably be sending one. :laugh:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Preds are tired. The Jets have worn them out.

I don't think so--they'll come out flying in the next game--they've been down this road before. Believe me--there's no quit in the Preds. This series is a long ways from over. Hope the Jet's wrap it up in the Peg in Game 6-- I really hope so. Great game Jets--way to go Boys !!!:clap:

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
If Nashville had scored just one in the first, the outcome could have been very different - we were incredibly lucky in that regard.

Thankfully, things started to click not too long into the second, and from there it was a great showing by the Jets.

One win. That's all we need.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
hahaha, told coach to ****ing play me more!!! AD is a winner, he comes from a winner, just put him in the damn lineup Maurice!!! I can trip over my skates less than Hendricks..lol!
Mediocrity-Setting-the-Bar-Low.jpg

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I just can’t believe this! I did not expect this at all.
What I don’t get is why Nashville stopped playing the trap right from the start of the second period even before we scored.
It looked a lot more like Nashville stopped playing the trap than it did that we figured out how to beat it.
Am I wrong?

Jets started moving their feet to start the second. A couple bounces, they have some space, and the trap is broken.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Just one more, Boys.

If they manage to take out the Preds I honestly think they will crush whomever makes it out of the Pacific... then it is the Finals!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
you know guys, they don't automatically win just by deciding to "play the trap." Sometimes, the trap doesn't work. It is possible to beat it...you have to be able to get pucks into their zone and have the speed to retrieve them. And since any of your lines can do it if they are capable, and since we can benefit from good matchups on home ice - having 4 actual dangerous lines is huge. Their worst players have to be on the ice some of the time...

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Connor had his breakout game.
Now its time for Ehlers or Laine to step up in game 6.

Who would have predicted Winnipeg vs Vegas in the conference final? Could happen by monday night

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Apparently the Jets didn't do anything right tonight according to CBC

Two words: Nick Kypreos. Straighten him out Ron, suffering Mother of Moses. Oh wait...

The charge of the fail brigade.

what's with this panel? like can we give the Jet's an ounce of credit? I mean we all knew we needed to score first. Once that happened things had to open up and we were off...

See above.

Go to TSN at least they are giving the Jets props, Rogers and it's crew hoping that one day the Leafs are as good as the Jets so they can start the Leafs 24/7 channel.

They don't have this now?:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad