Confirmed with Link: Jets sign Marko Dano again (1y, 750K)

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Petan will make some eat some crow this year from what I’ve heard.

I don't doubt it. Have always been a big P'fan of Pecan, and would love to see him do well with the Jets going forward.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
He'd never pass through waivers so what does it matter?
I think Dano and Petan will both make the 23 man roster.
I can live with 1 but god not both on the 23 man roster. please chevy. please no.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Dano will probably be the forward assigned to the pressbox most nights but I can see Petan getting his share of the pine.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He will get a 1way and you will be sadly disappointed.

I have to wonder if the strategy will be to ink Petan to a similar deal as Poolman. One-way deal for 2 to 3 years at around 800k to possibly get another potential depth bargain.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Perrault's replacement :nod:
he was likely planned to replace Perreault then he played then the jets concluded they should extend Perreault 4 years. he needs about 2 more years on moose and someone claiming him is something that will have to be accepted if it happens.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Great day of signings. Now get Petan done for something around $900,000 and Chevy has squeezed out enough room to sign Morrissey long term.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Great day of signings. Now get Petan done for something around $900,000 and Chevy has squeezed out enough room to sign Morrissey long term.

Love to see Josh signed long term

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Team has lost Armia, Hendricks, Matthias, and Stastny.

There will be games to play for Dano and Petan.
Yup. Dano is going to get more opportunity, and if comes to camp in top condition I expect very good things from him.

Reactions: Bigfish

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Sending him to the minors=losing him to waivers. What would the purpose of a two-way contract be? Making him even more attractive to another team?
you don't know that he will get picked up on waivers. and even if he does he has to play if he gets sent down the jets can claim him right back 1st. what good is it to put him in press box he needs to play at least 15 minutes a game. putting him back in press box is going to kill his career. he needs to play full time. will that happen on this team. I doubt it.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I like Dano, always have since his CBJ days, could play a skill game or a grindy game. There will be a 3rd line wing spot open this year, hope he makes it and prove maurice wrong

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Petan will make some eat some crow this year from what I’ve heard.

"I hear it tastes very similiar to sea-gull"

I was happy for Petan when he funally broke out in the A.H.L. for a p.p.g.

I heard Dano refused to go to the Moose last year on a conditional stint for 3-4 games.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
you don't know that he will get picked up on waivers. and even if he does he has to play if he gets sent down the jets can claim him right back 1st. what good is it to put him in press box he needs to play at least 15 minutes a game. putting him back in press box is going to kill his career. he needs to play full time. will that happen on this team. I doubt it.

I would bet a kidney Petan doesn't clear waivers.

I'd also double down and bet the other one that the Jets, who get the 30th waiver selection after finishing 2nd overall, aren't able to pick him back up.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think anything goes for first half of season. Give Dano and petah a real tryout.
Unlikely they both play with a fully healthy forward group. With both signed I think it is likely 1 more forward will be signed to bring the number to 14. If they sign Vaselainen h'd have just as good of chance of taking the 3rd line RW spot.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

This is not true. The Jets would get no special consideration in terms of waivers for Petan if he reappeared on waivers following his getting claimed by someone else. So until Nov 1 they would be 30th in line, after that they'd be wherever they sit in terms of standings like any other waiver claim.

The only "advantage" the Jets would have in this situation is that if when he reappears on waivers the Jets are the ONLY team to put in a claim (so no one else behind them as well) put in a claim the Jets could then re-assign him to the minors without having to put him on waivers again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad