Confirmed with Link: Jets sign Marko Dano again (1y, 750K)

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Petan will be in the same ballpark as Dano I think. < $1M, 1 year. Everyone else besides Morrissey is AHL and low cost.
I was hoping Dano, Petan and Poolman would be around 2.1 million. Now it looks more like 2.3-2.4 million. But it still leaves us enough.

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
Making less than his last contract lol. I’m sure he’s just happy to have a deal. I can’t see him playing more than 15 games for us this year.

Reactions: GNP

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I was hoping Dano, Petan and Poolman would be around 2.1 million. Now it looks more like 2.3-2.4 million. But it still leaves us enough.

That 2.1 number never made sense to me, tbh. It would mean a significant paycut for each of them, didn't see it coming. Even as is Dano and Poolman took NHL paycuts to get one-way deals.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Making less than his last contract lol. I’m sure he’s just happy to have a deal. I can’t see him playing more than 15 games for us this year.

His last deal was two-way. This is one-way. Significant difference. He could make as much or more in Europe, he is not "just happy to have a deal". He has consistently produced at 2nd/3rd line rates while playing with replacement level players. Most undervalued player on the team by a fair margin.

Reactions: Samus and ulf

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Well Armia is gone and Dano has always had pretty good rate stats. So the opportunity is likely there for some games this year. Tenfold if Roslovic makes the transition to center.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If we try Roslovic at C there's a spot available at RW on the third line, I imagine it's Dano/Petan's to fight over. Hope they each get a good shot at it.

Keep the shutdown line of CLT together.

Also : in before the Hot Dog Squad starts up with their usual Dano trolling :rolleyes:

Ares

May 8, 2018
I've always liked Dano. Seems like the coach doesn't, though. Now with Armia gone maybe Dano gets a better look. I certainly hope so.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I was hoping he'd leave, but for the right reasons as in he'd get more ice-time. I still think he could redeem himself on a team that needs a guy like him.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Team has lost Armia, Hendricks, Matthias, and Stastny.

There will be games to play for Dano and Petan.
you mean like 2 years ago when we missed the playoffs. chevy better not sign petan to a 1way

Last edited:

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Nice depth player to have. He never seemed to show any attitude about not playing much last year. I hope he gets to play more games this year with some good players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad