GDT: Jets @ Sharks 7:30pm

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Aslong as Spott is there it's not going to improve.

I agree but DW doesn’t have the sack to fire Spott so here we are. Not hiring McFarland when we brought BB back from the Panthers is going to burn us long term. “Oh you had a coach that had the number 2 PP in FL? Well screw him we were under 15% in the playoffs. We’ll be fine with our guy”.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Out of a playoff spot at Thanksgiving

But its okay because we beat a bunch of awful teams and tied with Nashville over that one stretch

Reactions: FunkyPhin

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
It's still interesting to me hearing the difference between Couture and Pavelski in postgame interviews, especially after a loss. Pav had a knack for a particular kind of vagueness that Couture doesn't have. Where Pavelski would talk about "we just didn't have our legs" or " we have to be better" without really saying anything, it really seems like Couture's going down a list in his head of very specific things they sucked at tonight. I wish media didn't crucify guys for being direct and specific, 'cuz I think it would be really cool to have players talk about the tactics of the game in something approaching real time.

Reactions: Phu

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

Whoops, forgot to hit submit post.

I guess my birthday streak is over. Let me email my family to cancel the Thanksgiving meal tomorrow.

SNOGless streak continues though.

SNOGLossFail.JPG

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 2 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 4-1
2Oct. 4 vs Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-1
3Oct. 5 at Ducksthemelkman, LeeIFBBDucks 3-1
4Oct. 8 at PredatorsseroesPredators 5-2
5Oct. 10 at BlackhawksthemelkmanSharks 5-4
6Oct. 13 vs FlamesThePlanetSharks 3-1
7Oct. 16 vs Hurricanesgaucholoco3Sharks 5-2
8Oct. 19 vs SabresseroesSabres 4-3
9Oct. 22 at SabresnoneSabres 4-3 OT
10Oct. 24 at Canadiensgaucholoco3Sharks 4-2
11Oct. 25 at Maple LeafsMegalodonOnIceMaple Leafs 4-1
12Oct. 27 at SenatorsnoneSenators 5-2
13Oct. 29 at BruinsSolmorsBruins 5-1
14Nov. 1 vs JetsnoneJets 3-2
15Nov. 2 vs CanucksnoneCanucks 3-2
16Nov. 5 vs Blackhawksbluefunnel, FeedingFrenzySharks 4-2
17Nov. 7 vs WildnoneSharks 6-5
18Nov. 9 vs PredatorsnoneSharks 2-1 SO
19Nov. 12 vs OilersnoneSharks 6-3
20Nov. 14 at DucksseroesSharks 5-3
21Nov. 16 vs Red WingsnoneSharks 4-3 SO
22Nov. 19 vs OilersLA SharkOilers 5-2
23Nov. 21 at Golden Knightsmatt trickSharks 2-1 OT
24Nov. 23 vs IslandersnoneSharks 2-1 OT
25Nov. 25 at KingsnoneSharks 4-3 OT
26Nov. 27 vs JetsnoneJets 5-1
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank
2019-20 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
1.seroes3
T-2.gaucholoco3, themelkman2
T-4.bluefunnel, FeedingFrenzy, LA, Shark, LeeIFBB, matt trick, MegalodonOnIce, Solmors, ThePlanet1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Sandisfan

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That really soft second Jets goal seemed to be the turning point in this game.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
I blame Melker. Him scoring early set the tone, and everybody else just thought they could coast the rest of the game cuz MK68 had things under control:sarcasm:

Reactions: TheGooooch

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Tough loss last night. The Jets are good but our team should be good as well. Should have been closer than 5-1.

Not really. Without the Vlasic of old, Sharks don't have a top defensive group. Yes, they do have a top offensive-oriented defense, but that doesn't help inside the blue line too much. Neither do the crappy performance of their two goaltenders.

With an offensive oriented defense, Sharks need depth players to control the puck throughout the game, and a better than average goalie. Otherwise, they cannot cheat with an offensive defensive, and not have strong defenders on the roster.

Sharks are going to need a better system to match their players, but the deficiencies will still be there.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Vlasic-Karlsson has been our best pairing by far throughout the last 10 games. Anybody criticizing them is only doing it because of an unhealthy obsession over Karlsson. Like that main board thread that popped up immediately after this game. You don't hear from these dopes for 8 games then like clockwork they show up after a bad game. Burns has been garbage all season and not a peep. It blows my mind.

Last edited:

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Vlasic-Karlsson has been our best pairing by far throughout the last 10 games. Anybody criticizing them is only doing it because of an unhealthy obsession over Karlsson. Like that main board thread that popped up immediately after this game. You don't hear from these dopes for 8 games then like clockwork they show up after a bad game. Burns has been garbage all season and not a peep. It blows my mind.

Because Burns is a good ol' Canadian boy.

Karlsson is an arrogant Swede.

I mean it's only fair, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad