GDT: Jets @ Sharks 7:30pm

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
When Deboer says the Sharks will figure out the power play, what is he looking at. What I see is a special teams that is nowhere close to special. They have 0 zone time, pressure and can’t even set it up properly. They are not an NHL power play unit.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Can't complain about the stripes in this one. Some of the calls may have been weak or inconsistent, but FFS, if you get 5 PP opportunities and score 0 goals, it's not on them.

Reactions: hn777

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Can't complain about the stripes in this one. Some of the calls may have been weak or inconsistent, but FFS, if you get 5 PP opportunities and score 0 goals, it's not on them.

But Spott's doing just fine. This all has to do with something like Hertl being out and top 6 guys being double-shifted and overplayed on the PK. Or... I dunno. Maybe sunspots.

Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I know this gets talked about in other sports (like football coaches' allergic-level avoidance of going for it on 4th down or rigid insistence that there are only a limited number of "right times" to go for 2 after a TD), but coaches often seem more like they're failure-avoidant than success-seeking if we define failure and success in terms of personal coaching failures and successes (and not necessarily team outcomes). They would rather fail making a decision they can defend as "the way it's supposed to be done" or that they can justify with familiar logic than try something unintuitive to them or that risks them looking foolish if it blows up in their faces.

Failing conventionally vs. succeeding unconventionally. It is a problem that has plagued organizations since the dawn of time.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California

You can still complain, they've been terrible. But yes, they're not the only reason why the Sharks lost this game. Not even close.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
I've noticed in the last few weeks, the opposing RW has been pushing up high to cover that point-to-point pass even before our RD receives the puck to move it over. I'd love to see them adjust that play, maybe have the RD push down the wing instead of just winging it over

Keep dreaming bud. Deboer and Spott can’t even spell adjustment.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
This is how messed up their PP structure is. They have Couture on his off wing where you are never going to be able to one time pucks. Burns should be in that spot.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This is how messed up their PP structure is. They have Couture on his off wing where you are never going to be able to one time pucks. Burns should be in that spot.

This is right up there with the start of last year where burns was at the top of the PP as the distributor and Karlsson was down on the boards in the one-timer position. That one only took them most of the season to figure out was backwards. I have less hope they'll come to any similar conclusions about questionable deployments anywhere else.

Reactions: one2gamble

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad