Recalled/Assigned: Jets Recall Sami Niku (UPD re-assigned to the Moose April 21)

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice! Have not seen him play so I'm excited to check him out.
He is an exciting player to watch. Poor man's Erik Karlsson if you will, that's his style of play, the kid is real good at moving the puck and great in the ozone. I'm excited to see his smarts in the dzone, glad he got the chance he's earned. I see him coming in to NHL as more offense then Jmo but not as good defensively. Crazy how quickly he developed coming over.
@ps241, you flying with him on the charter :naughty:

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
If I was Josh Morrissey, I wouldn’t want to sit out for the sake of resting. Hasn’t missed a game all year last year and so far this year.

I’ve liked the way Niku skates ever since I saw him on one of those rookie camps. I’m excited to see how he gels with the Jets’ younger players.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Hope he plays well. Give him a taste and hopefully he puts in a solid run with the moose and off season and come back banging on the door next year.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
If I was Josh Morrissey, I wouldn’t want to sit out for the sake of resting. Hasn’t missed a game all year last year and so far this year.

I’ve liked the way Niku skates ever since I saw him on one of those rookie camps. I’m excited to see how he gels with the Jets’ younger players.

Yea, I don’t like idea of messing with a full season just for 1 game of rest either.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Yup but I imagine Moe wont want to mess with his top pairings too much. He will likely insert Poolman and Niku as a pairing and run them as the third pair for the next few...
...and hopefully time on the PP as well.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Must be a dream for him to play against Karllson I am sure among his favorite players and perhaps partly why the Jets bringing him up.

Take it all in grasshopper.

So hope he is paired up with Buff perhaps he will score his first goal and have a picture taken alongside Byfuglien ala Morrissey

Last edited:

RRenegade

Jul 13, 2016
Winnipeg
Looking forward to seeing Niku play.
I'd like to see him lined up with Poolman for some familiarity.
Best buds with Laine apparently so hopefully some chemistry there.
I also don't think Morrissey sits out, Myers on the other hand should get a rest.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Mixed feelings about calling him up. He's earned it, but there are still some things he needs to learn before even playing an NHL game, and considering we're competing he's going to have to play at his hardest. I personally believe the best thing you can do is ease a player into the NHL. But I just hope they're not giving him too much responsibility in his first game, starting him on the third pair.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
He is an exciting player to watch. Poor man's Erik Karlsson if you will, that's his style of play, the kid is real good at moving the puck and great in the ozone. I'm excited to see his smarts in the dzone, glad he got the chance he's earned. I see him coming in to NHL as more offense then Jmo but not as good defensively. Crazy how quickly he developed coming over.
@ps241, you flying with him on the charter :naughty:

If he needs a lift I have a buddy with a plane!

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I imagine Buff, Myers, Morrissey and Trouba will each only get one of the back to back.

Buff and Myers come out tomorrow and JoMo and Trouba against Montreal would be my guess.

Doubt they rest Trouba as he just came back from injury. He could use these games to get back up to full speed before the playoffs begin.

No to Morrissey as well unless he’s dealing with an undisclosed injury or something. Seems him minutes get managed appropriately. Some may even say he gets less than he should seeing as he gets no PP time.

The others are fair game for a game or two.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Mixed feelings about calling him up. He's earned it, but there are still some things he needs to learn before even playing an NHL game, and considering we're competing he's going to have to play at his hardest. I personally believe the best thing you can do is ease a player into the NHL. But I just hope they're not giving him too much responsibility in his first game, starting him on the third pair.

Then isn’t this the best time to call him up? We’ve clinched so we can’t lose our playoff spot. If he handles it,great. If not, no big deal. Either way it’ll expose some things he can work on when he’s sent down again.

Reactions: KurtG8

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'd like to see him paired with Byfuglien to start. That's how they introduced Morrissey and Chiarot.
Perfect pairing. Buff has been outstanding, and works very well with mobile puck moving defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad