Confirmed with Link: Jets re-acquire C Paul Stastny!

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Easily Hall.

ESL
CWH

That would be a much stronger top 6 than we have now for marginally more money.

And it gives perfetti time in about 2 years to take over from Wheeler.
Wheeler at 2C ruins it.
Stastny easily wins this
Plus, move Perfetti onto the 3rd line and let Stastny mentor him for the next year or 2....

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
A 4th round pick and PB Dman trade is looking good at this point. I love the defensive game, leadership, offensive savvy and calming factor he has in our lineup and on that line.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Stats plays a very smart game, I think he will be a very usable player for some years still, of course in a smaller and smaller role as the time goes.

Reactions: Channelcat

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Stastny won't sign for less than 3m.
I'd offer him 1 x 4.25m if his play holds out all year and you can assume he will play as well as he did this year.

Reactions: GNP

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
kc scheif wheeler ehlers pld 33m
copper lowry harkins vesa purro gus lewis type 14m
stastny 4ish

jmo poink slamberg heinola poolman dd stan the man boolow 21m

helle lb 8m

That's about 80m.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
I'm hoping Stastny signs 1 year under 4 and Perreault for low 1s. If Perreault doesn't take it, he might be gone

We need to free up some cash for Lowry and Copp

Reactions: roccerfeller

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
kc scheif wheeler ehlers pld 33m
copper lowry harkins vesa purro gus lewis type 14m
stastny 4ish

jmo poink slamberg heinola poolman dd stan the man boolow 21m

helle lb 8m

That's about 80m.
Why are we keeping Poolman over Forbort? What our D needs is more of a stable, well positioned guy who makes quick plays to allow us to exit the zone, and Forbort has done that very effectively so far.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
I'm hoping Stastny signs 1 year under 4 and Perreault for low 1s. If Perreault doesn't take it, he might be gone

We need to free up some cash for Lowry and Copp

Maybe I'm out of touch, but I don't think Lowry should get much more then 3 million a year (he's already at 2.9) and Copp maybe 3.5 or so (so a 1.2 million a year raise), depending on how the season goes for everybody obviously. I doubt either of them will keep up this pace offensively, but would love for them to prove me wrong.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Why are we keeping Poolman over Forbort? What our D needs is more of a stable, well positioned guy who makes quick plays to allow us to exit the zone, and Forbort has done that very effectively so far.
He isn't a RHD and this is for next season.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

Have to agree with this, Forbort looks pretty decent and solid so far. I think I'd keep him over Poolman from what I've seen so far.

Reactions: AlaskaJet and Jet

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Have to agree with this, Forbort looks pretty decent and solid so far. I think I'd keep him over Poolman from what I've seen so far.
They're LHD and RHD. I'm not as sold on Forbort as others but that's just me. I'd re-sign Poolman over Forbort any and every day.
Besides, if Forbort was in that lineup and Poolman wasn't, who'd play 3RHD.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Paul is working out well so far this season. I would like to see how things shake out with PLD in our line up before I think about next season.

Paul is such a complete Centre that meshes well with people, reads and reacts to their game, and makes player better. I think many posters were expecting a let down but so far so good.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
*bump*

Any chance Jets can re-sign Stastny in the off-season? He has waived his no-trade clause once to come here in 2018, and we weren't on his 10-team no-trade list last year, so he's likely not opposed to the idea. He's 35, not quite the player he once was, but his production hasn't fallen off a cliff either (he's no Corey Perry). He can play 2C if Dubois doesn't quite fill that role right away, and can move to the wing or centre your 4th line if Dubois does.

Two years, $3 million? Or am I dreaming?

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
I suspect the idea might be that Poolman can at least skate. But his hockey IQ is off the charts, in a not so good way...

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
*bump*

Any chance Jets can re-sign Stastny in the off-season? He has waived his no-trade clause once to come here in 2018, and we weren't on his 10-team no-trade list last year, so he's likely not opposed to the idea. He's 35, not quite the player he once was, but his production hasn't fallen off a cliff either (he's no Corey Perry). He can play 2C if Dubois doesn't quite fill that role right away, and can move to the wing or centre your 4th line if Dubois does.

Two years, $3 million? Or am I dreaming?

I was not impressed with Stastny's production whatsoever. I would rather they let him go as they need to invest that money into other talent who are due for raises.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad