Confirmed with Link: Jets re-acquire C Paul Stastny!

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Isn't it a bit premature? I thought confirmed with link is reserved for official announcements?

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
Nice! I'm expecting the Jets to have given something small up. Just hopefully not too much. Maybe Stastny + the 2021 4th back for a 2nd or 3rd? It would be a pleasant surprise if the Jets get the better of a pick exchange as well.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
What @PaulPooley said - Cole Profetti stop-gap, we know he's a fit in the room. Glad for this move.

Now that we've helped Vegas make room for Pietrangelo, how funny would it be if we bounced in their and signed him too though?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
What @PaulPooley said - Cole Profetti stop-gap, we know he's a fit in the room. Glad for this move.

Now that we've helped Vegas make room for Pietrangelo, how funny would it be if we bounced in their and signed him too though?

Would be nice but I don't think we have the cap. I think we probably sign Hamonic as well and I'm guessing more depth at defence. Wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Savard and Jost if the prices arent to steep.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Stastny admittedly is on the decline. However, its not uncommon for a player to have a bit of a rejuvenation when traded. Also helps he is familiar with the team.

If the jets get 1 solid year out of him at 2c and 1 "ok" year after that, its a win for the Jets.

Garret pointed out on twitter that there may be some underlying numbers there with his on ice shooting % being a bit funky last year and he might get a rebound with some better scoring. Who better to do that with than Laine and Ehlers?

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Stastny admittedly is on the decline. However, its not uncommon for a player to have a bit of a rejuvenation when traded. Also helps he is familiar with the team.

If the jets get 1 solid year out of him at 2c and 1 "ok" year after that, its a win for the Jets.

Statsny is on the last year of his current deal. So the Jets would have to re-sign him beyond that.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014

Eight years at what cap hit?

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Welcome back, Paul

tenor.gif

Last edited:

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Unlikely we do that I think. This is just a stop-gap solution in hopes that Perfetti is ready by then...y

At the very least, look at it again in next off season. If Perfetti isn't ready and you can re-sign Statsny on a cheap 1 year deal, and if he still plays decently.

I know, that's a lot of ifs... :laugh:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
At the very least, look at it again in next off season. If Perfetti isn't ready and you can re-sign Statsny on a cheap 1 year deal, and if he still plays decently.

I know, that's a lot of ifs... :laugh:

Yeah it's definitely something the Jets may look at when the time comes. So much is still up in the air right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad