GDT: Jets/Rangers Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
It's more so that he's been one of the only players on this team this year with a pulse. Hagelin, Nash, Halpern. Only forwards worth a damn so far this season. Callahan/Stepan have been OK. The rest can burn in hell.

for the 2m of ice time he gets per game?

do you like the way he holds his stick?

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
i guess lundqvist stealing some pts for us is off the table as well...

looks like crap out there.

The first two goals were nearly impossible saves. The 3rd goal is a highlight reel save we are used to getting from Lundqvist. I will say he does not look very comfortable tonight though.

If he wasn't screened on the second goal he may have stopped it but it was a real snipe perfectly placed in the corner.

WhiskeyDeke

Shut up, Keith.
Jul 5, 2006
Va
I woke up a little moist.

I0Svc.gif

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
i guess lundqvist stealing some pts for us is off the table as well...

looks like crap out there.

Yeah, he's obviously the problem... He might not be in superhuman form, but which goal do you expect him to stop tonight exactly?

NYRANGERAMI*

i dont get it, mostly same players except Dubi, Anisimov and Prust

Seasons take alot out of you. You feel the grind. Sometimes teams dont want to put in that hard work again. It happens. Thas why when your close you gotta try to win that cup. Cause you might not get close again.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Do you guys think Torts' job is on the line if they don't win tonight?

nope...I have though throughout the recent talk of tort's job, that he won't get fired until maybe middle of next season if they are still struggling.

Also, several NYR reporters have tweeted/blogged/wrote that Torts job is very safe. Most recently Katie Strang wrote that in here hockey talk yesterday.

Dorado*

Not that tonight is Hanks fault but maybe having Greta Garbo and Ingmar Bergman on your mask doesn't scream out " tough to play against. "

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Yeah, he's obviously the problem... He might not be in superhuman form, but which goal do you expect him to stop tonight exactly?

All of them considering this team is apathetic to offense. Is that so much to ask from him?

:sarcasm:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
for the 2m of ice time he gets per game?

do you like the way he holds his stick?

He's one of the only forwards who has done well in their role.

Yeah, he's a 4th line player, but why does that mean he can't be given props for his good play? Why do people have to throw sarcastic responses?

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
Oh, okay. With the talent you guys have (with Nash in the line-up), there is no way this team should be this boring and bad.

What talent - you're counting guys like Richards and Gaborik as stars, but Richards is faded or hurt, and Gaborik is misplaced on this dump and chase s**t. Rangers talent is unfortunately over-rated, except for the D and Lundqvist (of course with McD and without Bickel).

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I wish.

Even with the injuries, this team is showing no heart or drive. Seems like Torts has lost them completely. Again, I don't think Tortorella is a horrible coach. I think he's just worn out his welcome here.

I don't see what other option we have other than to go for the coach. There's too much money invested in too much talent to just blow the team up.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I was so looking forward to this night. Watch Rangers and afterwards watch White Collar. Now I am just waiting for the latest White Collar episode to be available.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
The play of Kreider and Miller also makes me wonder if the emperor has no clothes vis-a-vis the Rangers' prospects.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
This team isn't fun to watch anymore. The teams the last 2 years were so much more exciting and actually looked like they gave a ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille