Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
Is this the deepest our prospect pool has ever been as far as legit NHLers?
I am a history nerd when it comes to Jets prospects so I know the answer. I don't think we will ever see a top 10 ever again like the 2016 summer after we drafted Laine.

1. Patrik Laine
2. Kyle Connor
3. Connor Hellebuyck
4. Josh Morrissey
5. Nic Petan
6. Jack Roslovic
7. Joel Armia
8. Brendan Lemieux
9. Eric Comrie
10. Logan Stanley

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Congrats to Lambo and Chib for playing in and contributing in their first NHL game. It will be a big confidence boost to both players!!!

Lambo reminds me a lot of Ehlers and if our Nikita only ends up half as good as Tampa’s Nikita, I’ll consider that a huge bonus for the Jets fortunes going forward. Add in Salo-Monster, McG and Barlow and the future is bright my friends.:cool:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I am a history nerd when it comes to Jets prospects so I know the answer. I don't think we will ever see a top 10 ever again like the 2016 summer after we drafted Laine.

1. Patrik Laine
2. Kyle Connor
3. Connor Hellebuyck
4. Josh Morrissey
5. Nic Petan
6. Jack Roslovic
7. Joel Armia
8. Brendan Lemieux
9. Eric Comrie
10. Logan Stanley

I don't think Hellebuyck should be on that list. And Petan and Armia had also played enough games to use up their rookie eligibility. IIRC that is 26 games.

Very strong list even without those 3 though.

This year is not as strong at the top but might be deeper, depending on how you rate a few of the players.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I don't think Hellebuyck should be on that list. And Petan and Armia had also played enough games to use up their rookie eligibility. IIRC that is 26 games.

This year is not as strong at the top but might be deeper, depending on how you rate a few of the players.
Add Copp and Ehlers and remove Laine and Stanley and you have the list from the year before, IIRC.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
We have excellent roster depth. That lessens the need for and benefit of prosect pool depth.

For example, I find it hard to imagine a way to use left-shooting wingers Chibrikov, Barlow, McGroarty and Rashevsky when the roster already features left-shooting wingers Connor, Ehlers, Perfetti and Barron.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
We have excellent roster depth. That lessens the need for and benefit of prosect pool depth.

For example, I find it hard to imagine a way to use left-shooting wingers Chibrikov, Barlow, McGroarty and Rashevsky when the roster already features left-shooting wingers Connor, Ehlers, Perfetti and Barron.
Not to mention how many players need to clear waivers.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

We don’t have great depth defensively though.

Reactions: hn777

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016

I agree. For whatever reason we ranked all 3 that summer.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Jets have a very strong F prospect pool, and it keeps looking better (potential in parentheses).

McGroarty / Lambert (a couple of potential good top-6 players)
Chibrikov (a pesky, aggressive middle 6 F
Barlow (middle six scoring winger)
Rashevsky (middle six offense)
Lucius (hard to assess, but whenever he's been healthy he's impressed as a pure C)
Julien (3-4 C?)

Jets also have Gustafsson, Kupari, Barron, Perfetti as young forwards that can play.

They'll have to make some decisions before next season, considering depth and waiver needs.

I doubt they'll re-sign Toffoli. Not sure about Monahan. I think they might consider trading Iafallo, unless he's a playoff difference-maker. If none of those return, it opens up 3 roster spots, with Perfetti getting one of those.

I think Lambert is perhaps closest, but I think they might consider continuing to develop him as a C with the Moose next season, with some call-ups. Same with Chibrikov.

I think Gustafsson and Kupari are likely destined for 4th line roles. Barron is a lock for the bottom-6, I think.

So, if they prioritize Monahan and can re-sign him, maybe...

Connor-Scheifele-Vilardi
Ehlers-Monahan-Iafallo
Nino-Lowry-Appleton
Barron-Namestnikov-X (Gus, Kupari)

A wild card is Ehlers. I expect that they'll try to extend his contract, but if the talks fizzle I could see him as a trade candidate, which would really shake up the top-6, and perhaps accelerate the integration of prospects like Lambert and/or Chibrikov.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Jets have a very strong F prospect pool, and it keeps looking better (potential in parentheses).

Lucius (hard to assess, but whenever he's been healthy he's impressed as a pure C)
Julien (3-4 C?)

Jets also have Gustafsson, Kupari, Barron, Perfetti as young forwards that can play.

They'll have to make some decisions before next season, considering depth and waiver needs.

I doubt they'll re-sign Toffoli. Not sure about Monahan. I think they might consider trading Iafallo, unless he's a playoff difference-maker. If none of those return, it opens up 3 roster spots, with Perfetti getting one of those.

I think Lambert is perhaps closest, but I think they might consider continuing to develop him as a C with the Moose next season, with some call-ups. Same with Chibrikov.

I think Gustafsson and Kupari are likely destined for 4th line roles. Barron is a lock for the bottom-6, I think.

Connor-Scheifele-Vilardi
Ehlers-Monahan-Iafallo
Nino-Lowry-Appleton

A wild card is Ehlers. I expect that they'll try to extend his contract, but if the talks fizzle I could see him as a trade candidate, which would really shake up the top-6, and perhaps accelerate the integration of prospects like Lambert and/or Chibrikov.

No room for Perfetti in your top 12?

I’m hoping the Jets can pick up an impact RHD. Maybe by trading an Ehlers or a Connor?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Not to disagree but time has a way of dealing with that.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We don’t have great depth defensively though.

Just the opposite in fact. We have 8 Dmen on the roster now. 3 of them are pending UFA and 2 more in another year. So in 14.5 months we could be down to 3 Dmen. After Heinola and Samberg there is not much in the system.

So maybe we trade some of the F prospects for D prospects.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Julien (3-4 C?)

Connor-Scheifele-Vilardi
Ehlers-Monahan-Iafallo
Nino-Lowry-Appleton

Someone has to go in the off-season. To not be able to fit Perfetti into the starting lineup is just crazy. gms 71 - G 19 - A 19 - pts 38, plays both ways. Quite a few of his 71 gms were on the 4th line.

We need RHD. I smell a trade.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No room for Perfetti in your top 12?

I’m hoping the Jets can pick up an impact RHD. Maybe by trading an Ehlers or a Connor?
Ha ha... oops. Yes, I think Perfetti fits there, perhaps instead of Iafallo. Not sure Bowness agrees, though.

I have a hunch that Salomonsson is going to be the next top-end RHD for the Jets. He might not be ready next season, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad