Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Gus, Perfetti, Rutger, Lambert, Ville, Miller, Schmidt and Bro should all start if we have 2nd place locked up after Tuesday's game.

• Love
Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
We now pivot to if the Jets reward Ville & Lambert with an NHL game to reward solid seasons. Likely not tomorrow but potentially game 82?
Good point. There are a lot of players that played well for the Moose, but from a "give a kid a taste" perspective I'd like to see those two and Chibrikov get a game. But only if the Jets feel like it would be ok to have that much change in game 82.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agreed on 2 years being the norm. And to be clear am super disapointed Rutgers not signing. Would have been an amazing playoff black ace.

As far as me reading tea leaves and starting speculation - there were pages of that before I weighed in. The only difference is that I called out I was speculating/guessing on not much more but tea leaves.

And my last post had an unintentional snarky tone - apologies. That wasn’t the intent. You’re a great poster snerd - don’t mean to create and dissent amongst fans as we go into the white out!

I'm looking at Logan Stankoven with Dallas. He played 2/3 of the season in the AHL. He was drafted 1 year before McG so next year would be equivalent. I would expect something similar from Rutger next season. Half(ish) season with the Moose, then move up. Not necessarily injury callup. It could be to bump someone who is underperforming.

But it is his decision. So far, he has not consulted me for advice. :laugh:

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I for one commend Rutger for thinking of himself and not following suit to what other players are doing. He’s got a good head on his shoulders and him likely being named Captain of that team next year is important to him for his continued development.

He will make his way to Winnipeg and it will be well worth the wait. The Jets 1.0 waited 4 years for Teemu.

Runforthecup

Sponsor
Nov 10, 2013
Calgary, CW Bay
Depending on how the Jets & Canucks do tonight the Jets could pass everybody in the Pacific if they beat Vancouver on Thursday. This would give them home ice advantage over all in the conference final if they get that far. I would hate to give that up by playing less than my best in the final game of the year.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
How did Barlow look in his AHL debut?
Not good. Mostly got hemmed in the defensive zone, then when the puck came to him he was too slow to do anything with it so would either get stripped or panic pass it to the opposition. Had one deflection on goal and found soft areas the rare time he was in the offensive zone, but Nikkanen and Torgersson aren't the type that would find him.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Not good. Mostly got hemmed in the defensive zone, then when the puck came to him he was too slow to do anything with it so would either get stripped or panic pass it to the opposition. Had one deflection on goal and found soft areas the rare time he was in the offensive zone, but Nikkanen and Torgersson aren't the type that would find him.
I know that was just a snapshot, but I do see him needing a number of years to mature and round out his game. I had a moment of wishful thinking, but I will simply look forward to watching his game develop.

Last edited:

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
Took my 7 year old to the Admirals Moose game tonight. When I was able to pay attention I really focused in on Lambert. Earlier in the year I thought he was just a winger forced to play center. I didn't feel that way tonight. He just has flashes of NHL ability that you can't teach. I think another year in the AHL with a linemate as capable as AJF would go a long way into keeping his development trajectory on track.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad