Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If the Jets are considered to be in a prime competitive window right now, I'm not sure they should be all that concerned about ELCs sliding. They are considering moving picks and prospects for short term roster improvement. If Heinola can contribute to the Jets this season, his ELC term really shouldn't be much of a consideration.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
If the Jets are considered to be in a prime competitive window right now, I'm not sure they should be all that concerned about ELCs sliding. They are considering moving picks and prospects for short term roster improvement. If Heinola can contribute to the Jets this season, his ELC term really shouldn't be much of a consideration.
I agree. If management cares at all about going deep in the playoffs, we need to bolster our D. One less year of Heinola on an ELC is worth having an extra first rounder that will have a good chance of contributing...

It seems pretty obvious when he's a clear upgrade over several of our current options...

If Chevy thinks we don't have a chance this year, then I guess keep him down, but Wheeler & Stats aren't going to improve in future years...

Our current window won't last forever, especially if we trade away picks for rentals...

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
No doubt. His positioning, timing and stick skills are remarkable.

how are you guys seeing the top 10 prospects for the jets right now? haven't seen a lot of
winnipeg this year, but seems like stanley has been a nice surprise. aside from the top 3 of
perfetti-heinola-samberg, assume there will be a lot of differing opinions. i'm a big nathan
smith guy, can never have too many gritty dudes with skill.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
how are you guys seeing the top 10 prospects for the jets right now? haven't seen a lot of
winnipeg this year, but seems like stanley has been a nice surprise. aside from the top 3 of
perfetti-heinola-samberg, assume there will be a lot of differing opinions. i'm a big nathan
smith guy, can never have too many gritty dudes with skill.
Hmmm...

Heinola
Perfetti
Samberg
Stanley
Gustafsson
Vesalainen
Chisholm
Nikannen
Lundmark
Kovacevic

Goalies: Berdin, Holm

(left Niku and Harkins off as they've played 41+ games)

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Hmmm...

Heinola
Perfetti
Samberg
Stanley
Gustafsson
Vesalainen
Chisholm
Nikannen
Lundmark
Kovacevic

heinola over perfetti for you? i like them both but have that flipped personally.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
heinola over perfetti for you? i like them both but have that flipped personally.
Depends on the day, or time of day for me. This afternoon I'm thinking about the value of a really good puck-moving D for the Jets, and I've really liked Heinola's play this year in the AHL. But overall, I think Perfetti has a higher ceiling. He's just behind Heinola's development curve at this point. I think they are both going to be really good NHLers.

Reactions: snowkiddin

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Hmmm...

Heinola
Perfetti
Samberg
Stanley
Gustafsson
Vesalainen
Chisholm
Nikannen
Lundmark
Kovacevic

Pretty solid ranking.

I think I’d go:

1. Perfetti
2. Heinola
3. Samberg
4. Stanley
5. Vesalainen
6. Gustafsson
7. Chisholm
8. Berdin
9. Nikkanen
10. Gawanke
HM: Kovacevic

Holm, Lundmark and Smith not far behind this group

Reactions: boydkc

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Pretty solid ranking.

I think I’d go:

1. Perfetti
2. Heinola
3. Samberg
4. Stanley
5. Vesalainen
6. Gustafsson
7. Chisholm
8. Berdin
9. Nikkanen
10. Gawanke

Agree, overall. I think the top 6 or 7 have really solid NHL potential, with much more uncertainty below that.

I think we might undervalue players like Lundmark and Torgersson - out of sight, out of mind.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Agree, overall. I think the top 6 or 7 have really solid NHL potential, with much more uncertainty below that.

I think we might undervalue players like Lundmark and Torgersson - out of sight, out of mind.
Completely forgot about Torgersson, I think he’s close to making the top 10 too.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Hard to rank Torgersson when he hasn't really played since being picked, should end up being a nice surprise for us next season haha.

Reactions: Mathil8

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I think we are underestimating Kovacevic ...... I have in the same mold as Chariot and Chisholm in the same mold as Postma. I have Gawanke behind both of these players.

SAM Berg is a stud ....... should be a 3 -4 Daman that's just reliable defensivly........

HEINOLA will be returned to the moose once the Jets return from Calgary. I do not see him getting any nhl game action on this call up.

Harkins getting left out in the cold ( healthy scratch) after finishing he season strong last year.

Unless Perfetti works on his speed/skating...... I see his ceiling being Strom (chi). ....... good offensive instincts but to slow to get were needed in the NHL. (After watching the WJ I have been thinking that we should have drafted Lundell.

I WOULD LIKE Chevy to sign Lundmark and Smith after this season for the Moose next year.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I would protect Stanley and expose DeMelo for the expansion draft. Çhevy should sign Stanley to a similar deal that Morin signed in Philly. 3years @ 1 mill....... Stanley is still a project........ but I now have the feeling that if he keeps developing we may something special in 3 years.
DeMelo is what he is and you know what U are going to get over the next 3 years for the 9 mill you are paying him. STANLEY.......3x 1mill will give you less but his potential on his next contract....... I would love to have to $$$$ pay him large in 2024 if he earns the big pay day.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I would protect Stanley and expose DeMelo for the expansion draft. Çhevy should sign Stanley to a similar deal that Morin signed in Philly. 3years @ 1 mill....... Stanley is still a project........ but I now have the feeling that if he keeps developing we may something special in 3 years.
DeMelo is what he is and you know what U are going to get over the next 3 years for the 9 mill you are paying him. STANLEY.......3x 1mill will give you less but his potential on his next contract....... I would love to have to $$$$ pay him large in 2024 if he earns the big pay day.
But potential is less important than when u are trying to win right now and don’t care as much about the future than where u are right now. Right now demelo is better. Future who knows.
I’d offer a 3rd for Seattle to take Niku.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luc Labelle

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Pretty solid ranking.

I think I’d go:

1. Perfetti
2. Heinola
3. Samberg
4. Stanley
5. Vesalainen
6. Gustafsson
7. Chisholm
8. Berdin
9. Nikkanen
10. Gawanke

Harkins no longer a prospect I guess

Reactions: snowkiddin

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
But potential is less important than when u are trying to win right now and don’t care as much about the future than where u are right now. Right now demelo is better. Future who knows.
And they would have a good laugh and take the best player available. Niku has next to zero trade value.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Vincent was on Illegal Curve today... had great things to say about Gustavsson and Perfetti... however going by his comments about Samberg it doesn't seem like they see him as NHL ready at this point.

About Gustavsson, Vincent basically said that his defensive game is NHL ready but they want him playing with the puck and making plays in the AHL which sounds fair.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Vincent was on Illegal Curve today... had great things to say about Gustavsson and Perfetti... however going by his comments about Samberg it doesn't seem like they see him as NHL ready at this point.\

About Gustavsson, Vincent basically said that his defensive game is NHL ready but they want him playing with the puck and making plays in the AHL which sounds fair.

Based on his last few games I would agree with his sentiments.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I'd give them our 3rd and 5th to take Boolow.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
So did Thorburn but Jets still paid for them to take him.
So, you think the Kraken will take Niku and a 3rd instead of a legit player? Moving up in the 1st round of the draft is much different than taking a guy who can’t make one of the worst D’s in the league and adding a pick with a minute chance of being an impact player in the league, imo. So, where am I wrong?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad