Confirmed with Link: Jets prospect Arturs Kulda to return to NHL (UPD: signs 1 year/550K deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Sorry dood
When I pasted twitter feeds, I usually erase those.
I got lazy this time.
My bad

It's not your fault. I just bombed. I quickly did the math: 5MM for a season divided by 2 is 2.5 and we've played over half of the half season, soooo...

Yeah, I'm also bad at math apparently :laugh:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
The quoted tweet sequence is misleading:

Originally Posted by King Woodballs
Chris Johnston @reporterchris 5m

Quote:
Arturs Kulda's deal with the #NHLJets is only for the remainder of the season. He'll earn a pro-rated $550,000.
Maybe no one is really that expendable

I read it as the salary was 5 m and prorated it was 550,000 total dollars. That's why I thought it was odd.

EDIT: D'oh!!! aaannd I just realized that 5m is 5 minutes. Dammit! Wish I didn't use Twitter ALL DAY then I would have an excuse :)

Classic mix-up! :laugh:

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I feel a trade coming.
I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to keep Hainsey around and try and resign him, but I would totally understand Chevy not wanting to have him walk for nothing.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
The thinking is that if he cleared waivers once before, he'd clear them again easily.

Full stop. Even if his playing hasn't improved, a team hurting for depth would definitely scoop him up. Players are much more likely to clear waivers early in the year when rosters are full and there's few injuries.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
The thinking is that if he cleared waivers once before, he'd clear them again easily.

He doesn't need to clear waivers until the end of the month under the new CBA. He could play until the end of the month and we can simply send him down. No muss, no fuss.

Never know, if he was to go on waivers a team hurting for D could pick him up. He's not terrible.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Meech hasn't been on there for days, check the thread I started about the roster limit.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
That's exciting. Do we get to see Kulda in action tomorrow, then? :handclap:

Meech has never been on the Jets roster on their website since his callup for some reason. Don't trust that source.

Noel has a history of not putting guys in right away. I am hoping for Thursday's game against Washington at the earliest.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Meech has never been on the Jets roster on their website since his callup for some reason. Don't trust that source.

Noel has a history of not putting guys in right away. I am hoping for Thursday's game against Washington at the earliest.

Agreed. I don't see him dressing without practice. Same goes for Toby. Will be interesting to see when they slot in.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
I read that as if he on the team for the remainder of the season he will get paid roughly 1/4 of $550,000 or about $137500 .........minus escrow payments...... I think Kane Ladd Buff and jokinen get more than that about every 3 games

I think it's more like 19/48 (19 games remaining) x $550,000 = $217,708 or so.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think it's more like 19/48 (19 games remaining) x $550,000 = $217,708 or so.

It's pro-rated to 82 games though, right? It'd be closer to $128k, if that's the case.

Guys they don't get paid on games...it's based on days. There was 99 days in the schedule this year. Whatever percentage of that is compared to normal schedule it what players are getting...then you would divide that based on 41 days remaining of the 99 day schedule.

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
that sound you hear is the door hitting hainsey in the bum.

As long as high draft pick coming back. I'm not sure Hainsey is worth a high pick but I would like to see best possible asset management if he's dealt. Some team will be desperate enough for blue line experience; Detroit and their risk of missing playoffs first time in two decades is prime candidate)

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
that sound you hear is the door hitting hainsey in the bum.

We stand on opposite sides of this issue, I fear Hainsey may be on the way out of town. I think our chances of success take a significant hit if he's dealt. I understand long term it may be the correct move (which is why I'm not totally oppose to dealing him) but short term it does nothing but hurt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad