Confirmed with Link: Jets prospect Arturs Kulda to return to NHL (UPD: signs 1 year/550K deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
The information was originally published on the homepage of Sibir Novosibirsk, his KHL club, not Latvian media.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Wow. If this is true, I completely did not expect this. Usually when a player bolts to the KHL, they stay there for good. Would be nice to give Kulda a second shot as he did not look out of place last year. Postma and Clitsome are currently underwhelming (despite an excellent Februrary for Clitsome and a good start for Postma).

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Probably Kulda's last chance at carving out a NHL career. In the dozen or so games he could play in this season, he has simply has to perform or he is off to KHL for good.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Kulda's played good this season, from what I've seen. He was a scoring machine early in the season and overall he definitely was one of the leading Ds on the team.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Hooooooooldennnn!!!!!!!! ... Is gunna be pumped!

Good for Kulda, he's got a real opportunity here. Best of luck to him.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I like Arty Kulda; he played a fairly steady and safe game when a part of the Jets D and committed very few of the glaring turnovers that some of our other D seem to specialize in. He is a guy that makes the safe play near every time and that is exactly what the team needs right now.

If he returns this could also perhaps be the precursor to a trade of either Kulda or someone else.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I like Arty Kulda; he played a fairly steady and safe game when a part of the Jets D and committed very few of the glaring turnovers that some of our other D seem to specialize in. He is a guy that makes the safe play near every time and that is exactly what the team needs right now.

If he returns this could also perhaps be the precursor to a trade of either Kulda or someone else.

The Jets have an intriguing mix of prospects, up and coming young defensemen, picks, and a couple of young forwards that might make for an enticing package to some team.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Wow this is quite unexpected but a nice surprise if it goes through. I think this paves the way for hainswy to be traded. Their playing styles are comparable.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This is an absolute shock but could end up working out very well for us. If he can adjust to the NHL game he is just what our D needs!

I am pretty excited about this!

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Awesome! Now trade Hainsey for a 2nd and 3rd. I want to see Kulda back in the lineup very soon.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hooooooooldennnn!!!!!!!! ... Is gunna be pumped!

Good for Kulda, he's got a real opportunity here. Best of luck to him.

come out come out where ever you are!! :nod::laugh:;)

so Macho out and Kulda in............you are having your personal Winnipeg Jets 2.0 roller coaster experience

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am really happy about this. I honestly thought he looked like the most NHL ready of the our AHL guys in the 2011-12 camp and preseason. Safe LH stay at home D man. There is zero risk to this and it allows us to see if he has what it takes to make the NHL.

Did this happen because the KHL season has ended?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad