Jets Media - TV, YouTube, Radio etc

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
When is TSN 1290 going back to an all music format now that they no longer broadcast actual sports!?!?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Just heard frequent caller Cosmic Bob passed away. I haven’t listened in forever and I’m trying to remember who he was. Very sad though, RIP

Very nice guy I'd listen to on the Post Game show. He seemed to love everyone, and always had something good, and often different to say. I enjoyed listening to his calls, and may he RIP.

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
Ralph calls in and says why did we get a 2nd line C in Stastny , and Roslovic should be on the first line had me spitting out my coffee lol, Some people just living in different worlds i guess:)

Reactions: Jets 31

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Toth this morning talking about Kyle Connor just :facepalm:

guy harps on Laine's defensive game all the time, but says KC earned the top line LW. Poor Ehlers.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jeez my ears hurt this morning listening to Toth, Also, how dare Brandon and Troy retort him with facts.
more on Kyle Connor? I don't disagree with him that he can score in a higher variety of ways than Laine

but his refusal to acknowledge KC's terrible defensive game, yet bring it up constantly against Laine is so typical.

Reactions: Teemusalami204

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
more on Kyle Connor? I don't disagree with him that he can score in a higher variety of ways than Laine

but his refusal to acknowledge KC's terrible defensive game, yet bring it up constantly against Laine is so typical.
I missed it but saw Westwood's tweet. Was it hostile?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
toth posing the question is laine a team guy.....

:popcorn:

should be a gong show lol

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016

Best guess

Toth: "I'm not saying Laine isn't a team guy, I'm saying that what I'm hearing is that not all the guys on the team think he that he is"

West:" who's saying that?"

*Overlapping words between the two, ending up with the question being repeated*

Toth: "I'm not saying that, what I'm saying is do we know that Laine is a team guy"

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
Brandon whining about watching the world series for 4 hours, all that was on yesterday in the sports world was the baseball game and crying it was to long, unreal dude. I have 2 big screens in my living room, I have the game on and I'm playing xbox1 as well so i want a 10 hour game because there is nothing else on after it.

Jetter76

Nov 1, 2013
Calgary

“I’m just talking about the Laine’s of the world. Does he get along with the Connors of the world, the Wheelers of the world and the Morrissey’s of the world? We know he gets a long with the Ehlers’ of the world.
keep in mind we are just talking about the Winnipeg Jets of the world”

Guido Borsato

Mar 10, 2017
I believe Tother is a team guy - like, you can tell, when he's just filling in airspace, rambling on and not even making sense, that he's just trying to get through the 4 hours. The 9 oclock hour is particularly painful when there are no callers and these guys have to crawl to the finish line talking about Patrik Laine for the last hour.

They need to drop the morning show by an hour so the guys stay fresh.

In addition, they need a female voice in the morning that knows a bit about sports (not Sara Orlesky) but can bring in a fresh perspective for Toth and Westwood to bounce off of, need to talk more about lifestyle-type stuff with local sports as a mixed-in, not a primary topic.

6-9am Toth, Westwood, and new female
9-11am ?
11-1pm Bring back Rick Ralph as a solo act with the odd studio guest - the best radio in Winnipeg during his previous time in this slot. Ralph seems to have a passion for business so he should do more sports biz stuff.
1-3pm ?
3-6pm Hustler and any stiff - Hustler really can carry a show (which is why Ralph shouldn't be with him) all by himself so he can bring along the juniors and/or low-wage guys as long as they out of his way

I know they are on a shoestring budget, so maybe they can add some ESPN programming during the 9-11am and 1-3pm timeslots.

Lastly, they need to make their texting line free of charge. If they did alot more people would text in and that, in and of itself, would provide more content for the radio hosts to read to their listening audience.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I believe Tother is a team guy - like, you can tell, when he's just filling in airspace, rambling on and not even making sense, that he's just trying to get through the 4 hours. The 9 oclock hour is particularly painful when there are no callers and these guys have to crawl to the finish line talking about Patrik Laine for the last hour.

In addition, they need a female voice in the morning that knows a bit about sports (not Sara Orlesky) but can bring in a fresh perspective for Toth and Westwood to bounce off of, need to talk more about lifestyle-type stuff with local sports as a mixed-in, not a primary topic.

9-11am ?
11-1pm Bring back Rick Ralph as a solo act with the odd studio guest - the best radio in Winnipeg during his previous time in this slot. Ralph seems to have a passion for business so he should do more sports biz stuff.
1-3pm ?
3-6pm Hustler and any stiff - Hustler really can carry a show (which is why Ralph shouldn't be with him) all by himself so he can bring along the juniors and/or low-wage guys as long as they out of his way

I know they are on a shoestring budget, so maybe they can add some ESPN programming during the 9-11am and 1-3pm timeslots.

Lastly, they need to make their texting line free of charge. If they did alot more people would text in and that, in and of itself, would provide more content for the radio hosts to read to their listening audience.

Nick Zif and Hustler have great chemistry. I am not into sports betting but their segments together have a great flow. They both have broader base of sport knowledge and can talk about things like World Cup Soccer and make them really interesting and informative. I know Nick has another full time gig so they just do if for fun but their segments are excellent.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018

9-11am ?
1-3pm ?

I've been saying this for years. Ashley Docking was great on 590 in Toronto she would be breath of fresh air.

Not sure what you could do from 9-11 and 1-3 though. I'm not a fan of ESPN programing but like you said they are pretty shoe string. Rick Ralph is a solid pro but I find he's better with a co-host. While he doesn't go full Kevin O., at times he can ramble on with the best of them.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014

9-11am ?
1-3pm ?

Maybe Teri Apostle.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think he was saying if the Jets trade Laine for a D, then they should try to get Hoffman to fill the void in the top 6 after Laine leaves.
Ok that makes way more sense although with Toth you never know.:laugh:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I think he was saying if the Jets trade Laine for a D, then they should try to get Hoffman to fill the void in the top 6 after Laine leaves.
that would make sense. analytically/stats-wise/strengths and weaknesses Hoffman and Laine are similar. Ofc Laine has higher potential given the age difference

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Peak Jim Toth this morning. Says he's not trying to be arguementative yet spent an hour arguingwith Troy and Brandon against analytics and eye test about qaulity of the Jets lineup :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad