Jets Media - TV, YouTube, Radio etc

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
This morning at around 2am the CD was skipping :laugh: they were running the same 4 commercials over and over. :laugh: I guess the guy fell asleep, too funny. :laugh:

If one of those was an Appelt's Jewelery commercial, well that would have been nightmare inducing!

Reactions: Jets 31

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Jim Toth thinks Chevy will be able to get a 2C, bottom 6 scoring, as well as 2-3 top 4D this off season. If we can get 1 of these that'll be significant. All of it? that's nearly impossible

Reactions: rkp

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Jim Toth thinks Chevy will be able to get a 2C, bottom 6 scoring, as well as 2-3 top 4D this off season. If we can get 1 of these that'll be significant. All of it? that's nearly impossible

Toth was debating with Westwood over how far behind the Avs the Jet's are right now in terms of having a solid line-up in place. According to Jim, not so far at all! Just go out and get a 2nd line center and a top 4 D man and we're set...easy peasy.

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
Everyone on the Big Show this morning wants Vegas to advance over Vancouver.

f*** Vegas. f*** them hard.

Go Nucks.

If you were a Jets fan in the 90s you'd understand why. I hate the Canucks. And I hated the Moose even more knowing we were their farm team.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I know this isn’t what Toth meant, but this off-season I do see Chevy making some moves and benefiting from in-house arrivals, to add the pieces Toth mentions. They may not all play next year, but the pieces could be in place.

For 2C, I see Chevy inquiring about Haula, and if they don’t land him, perhaps Copp fills that role from within, temporarily. I also see the Jets drafting a potential 2C in Perfetti, Lundell or Mercer with #10, and whomever is picked, being ready to compete for a spot in 2 yrs. That’s why a 3 year deal for Haula at $3.5M/yr and leaving him exposed in expansion draft could make sense.

For 2-3 top 4d, I see Chevy courting Pietrangelo, losing out to Blues or Leafs, then signing DeMelo and Hamonic in FA, and promoting Samberg from within. Technically, Hammer plays 3rd pair, behind DeMelo and Pionk, but he has the ability to step in a top 4 role when injuries hit. Samberg could play top 4 from day one.

As for bottom 6 scoring, I think Chevy sees internal growth from guys like Harkins, Appleton and Roslovic, to add this element. He likely signs a vet in FA, who won’t contribute much in terms of scoring, but Maurice will play the crap out of him.

So looking back on this off-season, we’ll say Chevy added those pieces. They just won’t be huge deals or big names.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I know this isn’t what Toth meant, but this off-season I do see Chevy making some moves and benefiting from in-house arrivals, to add the pieces Toth mentions. They may not all play next year, but the pieces could be in place.

For 2C, I see Chevy inquiring about Haula, and if they don’t land him, perhaps Copp fills that role from within, temporarily. I also see the Jets drafting a potential 2C in Perfetti, Lundell or Mercer with #10, and whomever is picked, being ready to compete for a spot in 2 yrs. That’s why a 3 year deal for Haula at $3.5M/yr and leaving him exposed in expansion draft could make sense.

For 2-3 top 4d, I see Chevy courting Pietrangelo, losing out to Blues or Leafs, then signing DeMelo and Hamonic in FA, and promoting Samberg from within. Technically, Hammer plays 3rd pair, behind DeMelo and Pionk, but he has the ability to step in a top 4 role when injuries hit. Samberg could play top 4 from day one.

As for bottom 6 scoring, I think Chevy sees internal growth from guys like Harkins, Appleton and Roslovic, to add this element. He likely signs a vet in FA, who won’t contribute much in terms of scoring, but Maurice will play the crap out of him.

So looking back on this off-season, we’ll say Chevy added those pieces. They just won’t be huge deals or big names.
Sure promotions. But he was taking about acquiring via trade or ufa

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Just heard frequent caller Cosmic Bob passed away. I haven’t listened in forever and I’m trying to remember who he was. Very sad though, RIP
He was the guy that called in and always had frequency feedback from whatever setup he used to call in. That’s why they called him “cosmic”...sounded like he was calling from space. And he would have “medium sized” or “small sized” questions that were usually philosophical in nature. His voice kinda reminded me of Vincent Price.

Reactions: ocdaddy and Jets 31

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg

If Copp is our 2c and plays with laine he is as good as gone

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
He was the guy that called in and always had frequency feedback from whatever setup he used to call in. That’s why they called him “cosmic”...sounded like he was calling from space. And he would have “medium sized” or “small sized” questions that were usually philosophical in nature. His voice kinda reminded me of Vincent Price.

Sorry to hear about Cosmic Bob. I know he'd had health issues over the past few years.

I'm fairly certain I actually gave him that nickname. He'd been a regular caller for some time but they hadn't ever referred to him as Cosmic Bob. Then one day in this very thread (but many many iterations ago, lol) I called him Cosmic Bob (not only due to the feedback noise but also in reference to his often quite "spacey" takes on various subjects relating to the Jets and sports in general) and very shortly there-after Westwood started calling him that on air. That was actually when it became pretty clear to me that Westwood was reading the forums here.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Just read on Twitter that Hustler suffered a spinal injury and will be off the 1290 show indefinitely while he rehabs and recovers.

I wonder how he suffered the spinal injury as he doesn't specify that in his tweet?

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Jim Toth has suddenly become one of 1290's elder statesmen, along with Troy. Sage, calm and collected, they seize the helm and lay they course to... ah, - that is to say...<<dawning knowledge of the abyss that confronts us>> :eek::eek::eek:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad