Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
March 25 - Magic number update

We clinched baby!

IMG_0759.jpg

--------------------------------------------

Home Ice Magic Number

For this one all teams numbers need to reach zero.

MIN - 6
COL - 3
STL - 2

Tie Breaker ROW difference (Jets 43)

STL - 7GR +4
COL - 7GR +4
MIN - 7GR +4

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyone know what's the Jets magic number is to clinch 2nd in the division?

Can you really not figure it out by simply looking at the standings?

I never get asking a question & then waiting for a response when the answer is a mouse click away.

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 10.44.05 PM.png

Minnesota, Colorado & St. Louis each have 7 games left. [Add 14 to the point totals]

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
So your preference is the Jets tanking the remainder of the season & loosing home ice advantage?

Let's save the talk of 16 until we clinch home ice advantage.

I mean, our chance of finishing 2nd is still in the high 90s, so I don't think it's TOO premature to settle into our placing. But yeah. Don't want to see too many people sitting until there truly is nowhere to go.

arbf412

Dec 3, 2011
The Jets are a dominant home team and pretty average on the road. They have won 17 road games and lost 20. They shouldn't play anyone who would benefit from some maintenance time like Toby, but they should be looking to stay ahead of Vegas and pass Boston (Nashville and TB seem out of reach, but who knows). These are all teams that they could face down the road, and having the extra home game is no small thing.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Since Edmonton is now eliminated from the playoff race they are now playing relaxed which may bode well for McDavid. I'm certainly pulling for Laine but just saying it wouldn't surprise me to see McDavid come up from behind and take the goal scoring title in the end.

:jets

So are the Jets. They have clinch a playoff spot and are very unlikely to move up or down in the standings. Perfect environment for Laine to score 7-10 goals in the last 7 games of the season.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
No..It was an innocent little joke...my goodness....

I actually said worse, with it subsequently being edited.

Too many drinks tonight. I have as of a few years ago learned how to not drunk text & my phone is hidden away where no damage can be done. I've still gotta work on drunk posting it appears...:help:

Last edited:
Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
The Jets are a dominant home team and pretty average on the road. They have won 17 road games and lost 20. They shouldn't play anyone who would benefit from some maintenance time like Toby, but they should be looking to stay ahead of Vegas and pass Boston (Nashville and TB seem out of reach, but who knows). These are all teams that they could face down the road, and having the extra home game is no small thing.
Division winners are top 2 seeds in each conference. So beating LV won't change our seed unless we also pass Nashville.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Division winners are top 2 seeds in each conference. So beating LV won't change our seed unless we also pass Nashville.

Nope:

First-round winners within each bracket play one another in the Second Round to determine the four participants in the Conference Finals. Home-ice advantage through the first two rounds goes to the team that placed higher in the regular-season standings. In the Conference Finals and Stanley Cup Final, home-ice advantage goes to the team that had the better regular-season record -- regardless of the teams' final standing in their respective divisions.

NHL Hockey Standings

Reactions: Coach

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Can this be turn into invidual players magic numbers :)

Wheeler to 70A
Laine to 50G
Helly to 40W
Ehlers to 65P
etc...

I'm still tracking magic numbers......if we get through this quickly and there's still a chance I'll move on to division title and presidents trophy magic numbers

March 25 - Magic number update

We clinched baby!

Home Ice Magic Number

MIN - 6
COL - 3
STL - 2

STL - 7GR +4
COL - 7GR +4
MIN - 7GR +4

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
March 26 - Magic number update

Home Ice Magic Number

MIN - 6
STL - 2
COL - 1

COL - 6 GR +4
STL - 7 GR + 4
MIN - 7 GR +4

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad