OT: Jets Lounge: Ziggy Played Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
maybe update the thread title to "warm smell of colitas" or "beat around the bushes" or "whispering in my other ear"??

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Started watching Netflix's Making A Murderer yesterday at like 6-7pm. I already saw 6 episodes last night :laugh:

What a thrill to watch. It's mind blowing what they come up with and how they try to destroy Sean Avery's life. Now if you know the case, please remember that people watching Making A Murderer on Netflix probably don't know the outcome, even if it happend in reality and it's a documentary because the show obviously isn't spoilering itself. So please don't spoiler either :laugh:

I'm at the same place - my wife and I watched the first 6 episodes on the weekend. It's literally jaw-dropping. Just crazy. And this kind of thing happens all the time.

Call me a cynic, but I believe this is literally the default systemic behaviour for damn near every jurisdiction in the US and Canada. Imagine how much worse it is for people of visible minorities.

But still, I can't remember the last time I got this incensed at a television show. It's flipping incredible.

AND, I can't believe the court was able to find 12 people stupid enough to vote guilty. Even if Avery is really guilty, there's more than enough reasonable doubt to throw out all of the charges, and frankly, prosecute the entire county for juris misconduct. The entire Sheriff's Department should be held accountable for gross incompetence, corruption and general ineptness.

Oh, and don't be dissing me for a "spoiler". The title of the show itself gives away any surprises.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Call me a cynic, but I believe this is literally the default systemic behaviour for damn near every jurisdiction in the US and Canada. Imagine how much worse it is for people of visible minorities.

But still, I can't remember the last time I got this incensed at a television show. It's flipping incredible.

AND, I can't believe the court was able to find 12 people stupid enough to vote guilty. Even if Avery is really guilty, there's more than enough reasonable doubt to throw out all of the charges, and frankly, prosecute the entire county for juris misconduct. The entire Sheriff's Department should be held accountable for gross incompetence, corruption and general ineptness.

Oh, and don't be dissing me for a "spoiler". The title of the show itself gives away any surprises.

Apparently you've never heard of Guy Paul Moran who got convicted of murder for playing the clarinet and being weird.

He served a few years and is now loaded

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
those who enjoy beer:
just bottled a frambois lambic. brewed march 2014. raspberries added july 2015. will bottle condition until june, methinks.
drinking the bits that didn't make it into bottles. holy crapes, man. this is a good beer.

Derfel*

those who enjoy beer:
just bottled a frambois lambic. brewed march 2014. raspberries added july 2015. will bottle condition until june, methinks.
drinking the bits that didn't make it into bottles. holy crapes, man. this is a good beer.

Wow - you play a long game. I just opened a Imperial Pale that I made before Christmas and bottled 10 days ago, just to test it. It's good. Very good. Will be even better in a week.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
those who enjoy beer:

Well I drank a **** load of Red Stripe in Jamaica...so there.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Wow - you play a long game. I just opened a Imperial Pale that I made before Christmas and bottled 10 days ago, just to test it. It's good. Very good. Will be even better in a week.

yeah. just bottled this sour and kegged my sour mango all-brett C beer (4 months ferment). i have to keg my s'mores porter i made and then the cellar is down to 1 beer (an all-brett and pediococcus experiment that's been around for 8 months) not bottled.

saved the raspberry-yeast-oak mush in 2 mason jars and will make another lambic when it warms up

Derfel*

yeah. just bottled this sour and kegged my sour mango all-brett C beer (4 months ferment). i have to keg my s'mores porter i made and then the cellar is down to 1 beer (an all-brett and pediococcus experiment that's been around for 8 months) not bottled.

saved the raspberry-yeast-oak mush in 2 mason jars and will make another lambic when it warms up

I just drink it too fast for that sort of thing. I am going to do a mead next week that I anticipate will get tasted in June though...

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I just drink it too fast for that sort of thing. I am going to do a mead next week that I anticipate will get tasted in June though...

i made mead with 2 friends 2 years ago. think it was a gross mess. their recipe and process, not mine. i just gave them sour cherries.
tasted like Robitussin.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Started watching Netflix's Making A Murderer yesterday at like 6-7pm. I already saw 6 episodes last night :laugh:

What a thrill to watch. It's mind blowing what they come up with and how they try to destroy Sean Avery's life. Now if you know the case, please remember that people watching Making A Murderer on Netflix probably don't know the outcome, even if it happend in reality and it's a documentary because the show obviously isn't spoilering itself. So please don't spoiler either :laugh:

Sean Avery???

Sean-avery-rangers-hockey-ap-sm.jpg

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
i may be playing drums in a David Bowie tribute night.
playing with a local guy who had a very big indie album 10 years ago. just found out that 1 of our songs is "Starman".
oy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad