OT: Jets Lounge: Ziggy Played Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derfel*

I don't want to jinx it, but Tim Curry is British, 69 and has a cool voice...

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
41763011_0_640x640.jpg

Yum. Just sayin'. (inspired by Sipp)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
buggs: yummy. We can't get that at the LCBO here in Ontario anymore, unfortunately. Very smooth, very tasty stuff. :nod:

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Hey Gin I think your web browser might be broken because I'm seeing a picture of whisky, so we must be seeing something different. Should get that checked out.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
All that peaty Islay stuff is like drinking burnt wood. I prefer the "breakfast scotch" style someone was talking about a while ago... :)

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
All that peaty Islay stuff is like drinking burnt wood. I prefer the "breakfast scotch" style someone was talking about a while ago... :)

I normally shy away from scotch because every glass of it I've been offered tastes like I'm drinking bonfire smoke.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
buggs: yummy. We can't get that at the LCBO here in Ontario anymore, unfortunately. Very smooth, very tasty stuff. :nod:

It is discontinued at Glenlivet, so what's around is it. As the Scotch world continues to trend towards NAS whisky, I become somewhat disconsolate. I also tend to stock up. In general getting older sucks but if you've managed your finances along the way, you can do silly things like stock up on whisky. I have four sealed bottles in addition to the open one. But like LCBO the MLCC is running short, there are maybe 10 bottles left in Winnipeg and even my budget has limitations. I share if you're ever interested.

I normally shy away from scotch because every glass of it I've been offered tastes like I'm drinking bonfire smoke.

I used to be the same way, though my thought was it was like licking an ashtray. You've probably had the same experience where you've come across an Islay style Scotch, which is typically heavy with smoke and peat, like the one GJF pictured. Islay drinkers tend to think anything but that style doesn't count. And it's the worst possible way to get into drinking Scotch because you're basically going to the far end of the earth. There are much, much milder Scotches out there and probably the best style to start with is a Speyside. Way, way less smoke, little peat in most of them. I tend to refer to some of them as breakfast whiskies because I could (but don't) drink them at breakfast. Glenfarclas 12 year old, Cardhu 12 year old are two easy drinking types. But that's only if you already drink liquor straight, be it rye, bourbon or even rum. Otherwise it might be wise to try a rusty nail - scotch and drambuie - the drambuie is quite a bit sweeter and typically it is served on the rocks so it mellows things out quite a bit.

Scotch is an acquired taste, no question. It's kind of like drinking in general. If you have any brains at all, after your first taste, you'll stop. I never had any brains so I always took things as a challenge and tried to get "better" at it. Like all things in life, practice pays off.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Scotch is an acquired taste, no question. It's kind of like drinking in general. If you have any brains at all, after your first taste, you'll stop. I never had any brains so I always took things as a challenge and tried to get "better" at it. Like all things in life, practice pays off.

This New Year's, I decide I wasn't going to drink any more.

But I'm not going to drink any less, either. :laugh:

BTW, I discovered that in the absence of vodka, tequila blanco makes a pretty tasty Caesar.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
It is very weird being in my aunts house being the only human. Pet sitting for my cousin. Normally aunts house is bustling with other family

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I hate writing scholarship applications. Hate it. I let my work speak for itself. I don't want to beg for money.

The worst is when you need to fill out practically the same online form over and over again but you can't save it and use it elsewhere because it's all filling in fields instead of free form DAMMIT!

So glad I'm done with those.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Im the DD tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knows if they sell virgin caesers at the Jets game for same price as regular ones or can you find cheaper ones without the booze?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Saw Glenn when I was a young lad. The boys and I jumped in the car and drove out to Edmonton to see the Eagles in their prime on the Hotel California tour. They were at another Level from anything I had seen to that point in my life.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Saw Glenn when I was a young lad. The boys and I jumped in the car and drove out to Edmonton to see the Eagles in their prime on the Hotel California tour. They were at another Level from anything I had seen to that point in my life.

The only time I saw the Eagles, I sat with some friends on the bank of the perimeter (that's our by-pass for you out-of-towners) when they played the Downs (that's our horse racing track for you out-of-towners).

So, I guess technically saying that I "saw" them is applying the word very loosely (that's because the stage was far away for you out-of-towners). :)

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Hopefully Glenn has that Peaceful Easy Feeling now.

Another big blow, was a huge fan of Frey and the Eagles, sad day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA