OT: Jets Lounge: Ziggy Played Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Jet: agree with the songs you listed in the last thread - Suffragette and Changes. Heck (because I can't say anything else without being censored), he had so many incredible songs, that I'd end up just listing 1/4 of his library if I listed all the songs I like.

Happy I got to see him in concert in the 80's.

RIP. :(

Derfel*

Bowie is like 3 different artists for me when it comes to his music - his first few albums (70s) are one category (which I love), his 80s and early 90s stuff (which I love) and then his mid-late 90s to 2000s stuff (which I love). They are three different eras of sound that connect to me in three different ways.

His 'Outside' album - man, I remember buying that the day it came out and just marvelling at the story-telling in the album case and insert, and listening to it over and over again.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Labyrinth scared the crap outta me as s child.

Life on Mars is definitely a favourite, and so is Let's Dance. I never paid too much heed to that song until I heard a lovely acoustic cover of it feature in a dorky little NZ film.

Really digs beneath the dance poppy exterior and draws it out as a tender love song.

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Always had an affinity for the Aladdin Sane album, The Jean Genie being one of my favourite tracks.

Also, Suffragette, Changes and Young Americans were all time favs.

Not to be cliche but I think Bowie is one who properly fits the term transcendent, he was far from the ordinary.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
In no particular order, my faves include:

Heroes
Look Back in Anger
Man Who Sold the World
Cat People
Starman
Scary Monsters
Ziggy Stardust
Ashes to Ashes

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm bored and have nada to play. How's NHL 16? Haven't bothered with one since. . . 13?

I got it for Christmas for the XBox One. It's pretty good. Lots of gameplay modes (HUT, Be a Pro, Be a GM, Playoff Mode, various online modes...were those all in 13?), good in-game feel.

The latest gen graphics are quite good. The MTSC looks great - but it uses last year's scoreboard and goal song and there are no loge seats! :laugh:

It crashed once during a game for me in Be a Pro mode (I've probably played 60-70 games so far). It crashes pretty regularly when I'm building a lineup in HUT. But it's always right after saving the lineup so it's just inconvenient having to restart the game.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I was thinking about the best solution with regards to NFL relocation today, and I think that the NFL nailed it.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Didn't have HUT in it. Is it as good as FUT? (if anyone has/does play Fifa on here?)

No Loge seats? Deal breaker for me.

I'm way more of a hockey nut for watching and playing compared to soccer ( I haven't played soccer since I was like 10), but I enjoy FIFA way more than NHL on Xbox. The BS scripting is worse in FIFA, unbelievable at times actually, but it's still fun.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
Couldn't find a definite answer anywhere so I shall ask you all: How to you pronounce Johansen correctly? I always say Jo, but I frequently hear him referred to as both Johansen and Yohansen.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Couldn't find a definite answer anywhere so I shall ask you all: How to you pronounce Johansen correctly? I always say Jo, but I frequently hear him referred to as both Johansen and Yohansen.

Depends on whether you want to pronounce his name "correctly" or pronounce if the American way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese