OT: Jets Lounge: "Winnipeg Fire Department Rocks!" - rguy56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I went to a Canada Day party yesterday and the talk naturally turned to the Jets. I was outnumbered so I had to listen to how Toby sucks and is useless and Stuart is a great stay at home defenceman who looks bad because Trouba pinches so much. Apparently Stu's numbers are at the bottom of almost every way measurable because of Trouba but that doesn't matter because you can make numbers say anything. He's a warrior and is great in the room. Also Thorbs is great in the room and you need more guys like that.

I love HFBoards sometimes.

OMG I don't even talk to my friends about the Jets any more. They are so surface level fans it's ridiculous. You can tell whatever they say is just regurgitated garbage from Lawless, Wiebe, or whatever any other media dumbo is saying at the moment.\

I just smile and nod now. :nod:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I went to a Canada Day party yesterday and the talk naturally turned to the Jets. I was outnumbered so I had to listen to how Toby sucks and is useless and Stuart is a great stay at home defenceman who looks bad because Trouba pinches so much. Apparently Stu's numbers are at the bottom of almost every way measurable because of Trouba but that doesn't matter because you can make numbers say anything. He's a warrior and is great in the room. Also Thorbs is great in the room and you need more guys like that.

I love HFBoards sometimes.

Hindu+nuffin+kek+_a7b51f3b88f0a6904f98e768d7551f66.jpg

Have the same chat with my pops and certain hockey fans at work all the time

I have the same discussion with my brother in law. We actually had a bug argument about how Buff isn't a star player because he's fat and has a history of un healthy behaviour.

Ffs.

OMG I don't even talk to my friends about the Jets any more. They are so surface level fans it's ridiculous. You can tell whatever they say is just regurgitated garbage from Lawless, Wiebe, or whatever any other media dumbo is saying at the moment.\

I just smile and nod now. :nod:

You are a better man than I am Jet, I can't smile and nod. I am done with trying to defend Toby because that is a lost cause but I will be dammed if I will stand there and take their **** on Stu too. I tell them he sucks and needs to get shipped out and I won't back down on it. A buddy of mine gets really mad at me when I disagree with him on this topic. He wants more fighters on the team.

Canadian hockey fans love of the game is undeniable but their knowledge of the game is vastly overrated. The Don freakin Cherry effect. I realize my post is condescending but i need to fight fire with fire against my fellow loud mouth know it all fans. If you can't beat them join them. It makes me sleep better at night knowing I am right :sarcasm:

:rant::rant:

;)

HFBoards I love you.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
You are a better man than I am Jet, I can't smile and nod. I am done with trying to defend Toby because that is a lost cause but I will be dammed if I will stand there and take their **** on Stu too. I tell them he sucks and needs to get shipped out and I won't back down on it. A buddy of mine gets really mad at me when I disagree with him on this topic. He wants more fighters on the team.

Canadian hockey fans love of the game is undeniable but their knowledge of the game is vastly overrated. The Don freakin Cherry effect. I realize my post is condescending but i need to fight fire with fire against my fellow loud mouth know it all fans. If you can't beat them join them. It makes me sleep better at night knowing I am right :sarcasm:

;)

HFBoards I love you.

I actually made a believer out of my dad about Mark Stuart.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
It seems whenever Mark Stuart does something good, its right after I insult his hockey skills, but then I realized, whenever I see him on the ice, I insult his hockey skills.

Slow and no hockey scene do not mix. At least EKane was fast.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I had great hope that during one of his take Mark Stuart to work days he would fall in love with a new career and retire from hockey in headline making fashion.... NHL PLAYER LEAVES BEHIND MILLION DOLLAR DEAL TO "insert job here"

:D

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010

;)

HFBoards I love you.

After a night like that HF Jets seems like my safe place :yo:

It really makes one appreciate the wealth of knowledge to be absorbed on here that you literally cannot find anywhere else.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
You guys just need to find friends that are not hockey fans. None of my closest friends are hockey or even sports fans in general. so lucky for me I avoid all these frustrating arguments where you want to slap your buddy up the side of their head.

However we argue about music all the time so I suppose it's a saw-off.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

;)

HFBoards I love you.

Haha couldn't agree more. I've actually had friends of mine say I'm not a hockey fan because I won't watch any NHL game that comes on the TV. I won't watch playoff games because the Jets aren't in the playoffs.

They ignore the fact I watch Junior, World, Women's, CHL, and play hockey religiously.

They confuse being a hockey fan with being a fan of the NHL. 2 different things IMHO.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
OK -- dog days of summer - no hockey, pretty much none of my shows are on except reality (BB18 GO JAMES!)

What show should I marathon?

Throw your favorite shows out there! Skip the Wire though, I already tried. :)

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
OK -- dog days of summer - no hockey, pretty much none of my shows are on except reality (BB18 GO JAMES!)

Justified, House, Grey's Anatomy (and there are a lot of episodes), rewatch Game of Thrones.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Justified, House, Grey's Anatomy (and there are a lot of episodes), rewatch Game of Thrones.

What's Justified about?

I love Grey's Anatomy (my last bf got me into it... we marathoned the first 6 seasons together.

Tried GOT, just can't lmao

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

Suits, Bloodline, Homeland, House is great as well. I'm now watching The Goodwife but it's only ok.

Anyone know how to watch GOT online?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'll second the Justified recommendation - it's about a US Marshall who essentially got kicked out of Florida after taking out a mob boss, and had to go back to his hometown of Harlan, Kentucky. Very clever show, good acting, and funny to boot.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Suits, Bloodline, Homeland, House is great as well. I'm now watching The Goodwife but it's only ok.

Anyone know how to watch GOT online?

If you're subscribed to cable, you can usually watch it via your provider. Failing that, there may be legal means via shomi, vudu, hulu, etc: any other mechanisms can't be discussed here.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
If you're subscribed to cable, you can usually watch it via your provider. Failing that, there may be legal means via shomi, vudu, hulu, etc: any other mechanisms can't be discussed here.

Fair enough, I have Shaw and I get HBO my dad watches GOT but I've only watched season 1 a long time ago. Trying to find a way to access it online and can't seem to figure it out. HBO doesn't seem to show up on Shaw VOD.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

What's Justified about?

I love Grey's Anatomy (my last bf got me into it... we marathoned the first 6 seasons together.

Tried GOT, just can't lmao

I feel like someone just tried to tell me Stu is a good defenseman. Grey's Anatomy?! I don't know whether to :laugh:, :cry: or :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad