OT: Jets Lounge: "Winnipeg Fire Department Rocks!" - rguy56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
OK -- dog days of summer - no hockey, pretty much none of my shows are on except reality (BB18 GO JAMES!)

What show should I marathon?

Throw your favorite shows out there! Skip the Wire though, I already tried. :)

I thought the first season of Vinyl was pretty terrific. Banshee is also highly entertaining, as is Fargo.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
OK -- dog days of summer - no hockey, pretty much none of my shows are on except reality (BB18 GO JAMES!)

What show should I marathon?

Throw your favorite shows out there! Skip the Wire though, I already tried. :)

House of Cards is excellent.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Just finished the first season of Turn on Netflix. Its a period piece so that might not be your taste, but I'd recommend it.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I feel like someone just tried to tell me Stu is a good defenseman. Grey's Anatomy?! I don't know whether to :laugh:, :cry: or :shakehead

I didn't say it was good, I said I loved it.

We've all loved things that weren't good before :) (e.g. my love of Romang)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I thought the first season of Vinyl was pretty terrific. Banshee is also highly entertaining, as is Fargo.

I was thinking about Vinyl, and Fargo seems like a winner.

I watched 2 epi's of Justified, not sold yet but want to give it a few more to be sure.

I settled on watching World At War (1973). I've seen it before but it's a real masterpiece.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I was thinking about Vinyl, and Fargo seems like a winner.

I watched 2 epi's of Justified, not sold yet but want to give it a few more to be sure.

I settled on watching World At War (1973). I've seen it before but it's a real masterpiece.

Justified is awesome. You won't be sorry for sticking with it. It is slow paced though.

You could always watch Sons of Anarchy.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Jet: the characters in Justified are worth sticking with it for - as sully says, it's a bit slow at the beginning. Hang in there for a few more episodes.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Jet: the characters in Justified are worth sticking with it for - as sully says, it's a bit slow at the beginning. Hang in there for a few more episodes.

I personally find the pacing perfect...but I can see how people would find it slow though. The season one finale is absolutely amazing.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I personally find the pacing perfect...but I can see how people would find it slow though. The season one finale is absolutely amazing.

:laugh: OK I'll trust you guys -- I'll give it a longer shot. I was trying to convince my friend of that with New Girl, the show starts really slowly but once the characters get developed (and I think the actors really know how to play them) it gets really good.

As for slow pacing, I don't mind that at all. People complain when the pace of TWD slows down but I actually like the character development aspect of that.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
:laugh: OK I'll trust you guys -- I'll give it a longer shot. I was trying to convince my friend of that with New Girl, the show starts really slowly but once the characters get developed (and I think the actors really know how to play them) it gets really good.

As for slow pacing, I don't mind that at all. People complain when the pace of TWD slows down but I actually like the character development aspect of that.

You won't regret it. Justified is one of my all time favorite shows.

Also...try Brooklyn 99. Really really funny.

I'm trying sushi for the first time tonight...well that's relative. I'm trying real sushi. Not just California rolls. So good. Why haven't I done this before?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I'm trying sushi for the first time tonight...well that's relative. I'm trying real sushi. Not just California rolls. So good. Why haven't I done this before?

I LOVE Brooklyn 99.

I am also a late adopter of sushi. Like I CRAVE it sometimes. I am a bit of a peasant though... will go to the all you can eat joint :)

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
shameless- adult humor content. but makes me laugh.
Aquarius first season can be found on netflix
Marco Polo- netflix original

I thought they were all very good in their own way but all 3 choices probably aren't for everyone

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada

I LOVE Brooklyn 99.

I am also a late adopter of sushi. Like I CRAVE it sometimes. I am a bit of a peasant though... will go to the all you can eat joint :)

I'm just finishing up the 3rd season on Brooklyn 99 on Netflix. I loved the first season, thought the last half of the 2nd season and first half of the 3rd season weren't as good but the last half of the 3rd season has been great

shameless- adult humor content. but makes me laugh.
Aquarius first season can be found on netflix
Marco Polo- netflix original

I thought they were all very good in their own way but all 3 choices probably aren't for everyone

A friend of mine has been telling me to watch Marco Polo. What's the general plot? Also I hear the second season of Narcos is coming out in September.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I'm just finishing up the 3rd season on Brooklyn 99 on Netflix. I loved the first season, thought the last half of the 2nd season and first half of the 3rd season weren't as good but the last half of the 3rd season has been great

A friend of mine has been telling me to watch Marco Polo. What's the general plot? Also I hear the second season of Narcos is coming out in September.

2 traders are caught smuggling silk worms and trade their son to the Mongolian king/warlord to avoid punishment. The story revolves around the son integrating himself into the royal palace, adapting to a new culture, and trying to stay alive with all the plots and sub plots of things happening around him.

My description doesn't do it justice. Another mini series I didn't mind was netflix's Ascension.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
2 traders are caught smuggling silk worms and trade their son to the Mongolian king/warlord to avoid punishment. The story revolves around the son integrating himself into the royal palace, adapting to a new culture, and trying to stay alive with all the plots and sub plots of things happening around him.

My description doesn't do it justice. Another mini series I didn't mind was netflix's Ascension.

Hmm, might have to try that after Brooklyn 99, which I'm going to finish off right now.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
Hmm, might have to try that after Brooklyn 99, which I'm going to finish off right now.

There is a brilliant movie, french comedy with subtitles if you can find it. Called the

" The Intouchables"- 2011

If you can get over the subtitles and there being a actual well written but somewhat long story line. Some people, not everyone might love this.

It's about a exconvict that's trying to get signatures saying he has applied for jobs so he can get social assistance. He shows up at a quadriplegics house looking for a care aid to get another signature, and gets offered the job to his dismay. The interaction between the two is great. Ends up being a feel good movie.

Ok. done suggesting movies, tv shows

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
+1 to Brooklyn 99.
So I guess that's Brooklyn 100.

If you dig some edgier stuff (not family friendly, some pretty explicit scenes between non-straight characters), Sense8 is quite good. Modern day sci-fi about 8 psychically linked people.

For crime drama, if you can put up with subtitles, go with The Bridge. If you can't, go with The Killing or Sherlock.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

4fd6edc8fdb1a0175347f62c9a01bde2.jpg

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I didn't say it was good, I said I loved it.

We've all loved things that weren't good before :) (e.g. my love of Romang)

Ah, the guilty pleasure...I understand. My wife watches it and I sometimes catch bits and pieces and I've probably even seen a whole episode here and there. But I don't have to like it! :laugh:

BTW: The Grinder - only one season as it was cancelled by Fox for being too smart or too funny or something. Rob Lowe and Fred Savage are just awesome together.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Ah, the guilty pleasure...I understand. My wife watches it and I sometimes catch bits and pieces and I've probably even seen a whole episode here and there. But I don't have to like it! :laugh:

BTW: The Grinder - only one season as it was cancelled by Fox for being too smart or too funny or something. Rob Lowe and Fred Savage are just awesome together.

I actually really like Grey''s. The wife and I have started watching it, and I find it remarkably funny.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
There is a brilliant movie, french comedy with subtitles if you can find it. Called the

" The Intouchables"- 2011

If you can get over the subtitles and there being a actual well written but somewhat long story line. Some people, not everyone might love this.

It's about a exconvict that's trying to get signatures saying he has applied for jobs so he can get social assistance. He shows up at a quadriplegics house looking for a care aid to get another signature, and gets offered the job to his dismay. The interaction between the two is great. Ends up being a feel good movie.

Ok. done suggesting movies, tv shows

Added that one to my list, although its the only thing on my list so its not like I had a list to start with.

+1 to Brooklyn 99.
So I guess that's Brooklyn 100.

If you dig some edgier stuff (not family friendly, some pretty explicit scenes between non-straight characters), Sense8 is quite good. Modern day sci-fi about 8 psychically linked people.

For crime drama, if you can put up with subtitles, go with The Bridge. If you can't, go with The Killing or Sherlock.

Whats the Bridge about?

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
A Little Off Topic

I understand this is very much off topic and not related to the Jets but being someone who was born in the early 80's and growing up listening to Punk Rock I was curious if any of you on here used to frequent places like The Albert, Collective, Le Rendevous, Ozzies/The Zoo or if your old enough Wellington's? Just read yesterday that the first live punk band I ever saw back in 96 is playing the Windsor September 28th, that being SNFU :yo:

I remember the last few Jets game's I have attended I heard Bad Religion playing over the speakers, this was the band that initially got me into Punk Rock back when I was 10, I would pop on No Control while playing Cobra Triangle and Blades of Steel on my older cousins NES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille