OT: Jets Lounge: "Winnipeg Fire Department Rocks!" - rguy56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Iceland's national team has improved immensely over the last three or four years. Even still, one of the great upsets in Euro history.

I'm never surprised when England blows an important game. I honestly don't remember them ever doing otherwise... :laugh:

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Population of Iceland: 320.000
Euro appearances before this year: 0
WC appearances before this year: 0
Number of games played vs. England: 12
Number of games lost vs. England: 9
Number of games won vs. England: 1

England is gone, Spain is gone, Croatia gone, Portugal is bad as always, France I'm pretty "meh" about and Belgium is still not experienced enough IMO.

Looks like we can get the double.

As I have been reminding two of my friends who are Germany fans, I feel the need to say Boo Germany, Go Iceland.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So hosted our team's hole at the Mark Scheifele Golf Classic yesterday. Just so happens since we are the title sponsor, we had a cool theme: Selfies with Scheifele!!

Got to spend all day with him... such a beauty. Highlights:

- He kept saying he was unemployed :laugh:
- He eats a LOT! Constantly eating throughout the day, people were bringing him things. He had chocolate, pizza and fries (said don't tell Gary Roberts)
- Decent golfer (he was also teeing off with each team (38) He said he'd be better but between going to the Worlds and working out so much he hasn't had time (really great to hear).
- Had his agent and couple of other people from his agency as a team (included Laine)
- Patrik Laine is afraid of spiders. :laugh: He was signing something at the hole and there was this teeny tiny itty bitty spider crawling up his ear. I tapped him and said "Hey man, you have a spider on your ear". He FREAKED!! :laugh:
- Mark Scheifele on whether Laine will make the Jets next year: "125%." He even suggested how great it would be if he was centering Wheeler and Laine, quipping that he'd be the smallest guy on the line.
- He was also excited about Stanley, saying he was from his hometown and that he tested extremely well.
- Him and Brendan Gallagher are now best friends. They didn't like each other, but after going to the Worlds together they are great buddies now. (PS Brendan is super nice too, really down to earth). Mark said the world in Russia were an unbelievable experience.
- Who the F does Brendan Leipsic think he is? He was the biggest tweener out there of the NHL guys at the tourney but he walked around like his **** didn't stink. Perfect Maple Leaf :laugh:

Mark seems VERY engaged with what the organization is doing. His eyes lit up talking about anything and everything Jets. He even mentioned Kane, Bogosian and Burmi and how them being rushed onto Atlanta probably hindered their development and stunted their potential, and that the Jets org is 'doing it right'.

I expect him to be locked up long term sooner rather than later. I've always loved Brighteyes but after this past few days he's now my favorite Jet. Real beauty!

PS there is NO way that Josh Morrissey is 6'. Maybe on skates. If he's 6 feet I'm 6'4 :P

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
^Sounds like it was a great time. :laugh: @ that Laine story, hilarious picturing someone as cool and calm as he seems to be freaking out over a spider.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
So hosted our team's hole at the Mark Scheifele Golf Classic yesterday. Just so happens since we are the title sponsor, we had a cool theme: Selfies with Scheifele!!

Got to spend all day with him... such a beauty. Highlights:

- He kept saying he was unemployed :laugh:
- He eats a LOT! Constantly eating throughout the day, people were bringing him things. He had chocolate, pizza and fries (said don't tell Gary Roberts)
- Decent golfer (he was also teeing off with each team (38) He said he'd be better but between going to the Worlds and working out so much he hasn't had time (really great to hear).
- Had his agent and couple of other people from his agency as a team (included Laine)
- Patrik Laine is afraid of spiders. :laugh: He was signing something at the hole and there was this teeny tiny itty bitty spider crawling up his ear. I tapped him and said "Hey man, you have a spider on your ear". He FREAKED!! :laugh:
- Mark Scheifele on whether Laine will make the Jets next year: "125%." He even suggested how great it would be if he was centering Wheeler and Laine, quipping that he'd be the smallest guy on the line.
- He was also excited about Stanley, saying he was from his hometown and that he tested extremely well.
- Him and Brendan Gallagher are now best friends. They didn't like each other, but after going to the Worlds together they are great buddies now. (PS Brendan is super nice too, really down to earth). Mark said the world in Russia were an unbelievable experience.
- Who the F does Brendan Leipsic think he is? He was the biggest tweener out there of the NHL guys at the tourney but he walked around like his **** didn't stink. Perfect Maple Leaf :laugh:

Mark seems VERY engaged with what the organization is doing. His eyes lit up talking about anything and everything Jets. He even mentioned Kane, Bogosian and Burmi and how them being rushed onto Atlanta probably hindered their development and stunted their potential, and that the Jets org is 'doing it right'.

I expect him to be locked up long term sooner rather than later. I've always loved Brighteyes but after this past few days he's now my favorite Jet. Real beauty!

PS there is NO way that Josh Morrissey is 6'. Maybe on skates. If he's 6 feet I'm 6'4 :P

:laugh::laugh::laugh: amazing

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
Where to watch Euro in Little Italy

Hello,

Habs fan coming in peace. I'll be in Winnipeg for Saturday's 1/4 final b/w Germany and Italy. I was wondering what bars or cafes in Winnipeg's Little Italy would be good to catch the game?

I'm looking for atmosphere over food - just somewhere fun that my girlfriend and I can watch with our Italian Brethren (lol).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Hello,

Habs fan coming in peace. I'll be in Winnipeg for Saturday's 1/4 final b/w Germany and Italy. I was wondering what bars or cafes in Winnipeg's Little Italy would be good to catch the game?

I'm looking for atmosphere over food - just somewhere fun that my girlfriend and I can watch with our Italian Brethren (lol).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

No brainer.
Bar Italia on Corydon Ave.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Not going to quote it all, but that is amazing. So jealous.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hello,

Any suggestions?

Thanks

There was also a perfect spot on Sargent I use to watch the Italian games I thought it was called Bar Q but it was great if you want packed house of Italians and very authentic feel.

Bar I should be great as well.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Agreed. Always need a nap at my desk after a 5 pound burrito for lunch. But oh so worth it.

Usually if they bring it into my work we just get to make our own burrito bowls, and it's way too damn tempting to go for seconds (and thirds :naughty:).

Damn, there is new blink182 and now new Sum 41... what year is it!

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Great post Jet, Schief is a beauty!

Yeah, Scheif's the best. My son (9) saw him at Golf Town yesterday and I guess they struck up quite the conversation. Unlike me, my boy has a gift for the gab.

He seems to have time for everyone. Not the first time my kids/wife have bumped into him (and Dara) out and about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad