OT: Jets Lounge: "Winnipeg Fire Department Rocks!" - rguy56

Status
Not open for further replies.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
Not sure if it's already been posted- if you have reservations at The Pint downtown for draft night they'll customize your blank jersey for free to whoever we choose at #2.

I have prior commitments and so does my s/o, so if any of you fine people are wanting to go and help a brother out..... My inbox is always open :)

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Had our sponsor skate with Brighteyes this morning.

Man, being on the ice with him and a bunch of benders you really see what incredible talent this guy has. His vision, passing, quickness and agility are awe inspiring. I was his D partner at first (and by D, I mean that is where he stood when the puck was dropped :laugh:) Now I know what Enstrom felt like all those seasons :sarcasm:

Truly though, Mark is such a great guy. Just one of the boys and they basically had to drag him off the ice.

Near the end of the scrimmage, when he had changed teams he yells out "Play to 5!! Let's make it interesting, what do you want to bet?" I said if we won, Mark had to wash the winning teams cars.

It was 1 - 0 for us when the horn went to get us off the ice. Mark kept the puck on a string, working it all over the zone and through everyone and went bar down to tie. Of course it was after the horn, so I will expect him to be at my door with a bucket shortly :laugh:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Wow that sounds like a great day buddy :)) happy for you.

*edit*

So I'll have a story to tell: some of you might remember me breaking up with my long time gf 4 weeks ago. Well I started doing this tinder thing 2 weeks ago. I met with one of my matches for the first time three days ago. Remember: she was my first ever tinder date.

We had something to eat and hung out. She's from Illinois and is studying German in Heidelberg for one year. She stayed that night.. And the 2 following nights as well :laugh: we have the exact same taste of music and things in life and she watched the draft with me last night though not giving a **** about hockey but her father is a die hard Blues fan :laugh:. I took a couple of days of holiday at work to visit my mother for 2 days in Switzerland and I'm gonna take her with me so she can see Switzerland as well.

And yeah, she has to leave soon again. In 3 weeks precisely.

So again, my first tinder date ever and I hit a 100% perfect match. What are the ****ing odds o_O

*EDIT2*

Since when isn't :laugh: working anymore? :/

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

*edit*

So I'll have a story to tell: some of you might remember me breaking up with my long time gf 4 weeks ago. Well I started doing this tinder thing 2 weeks ago. I met with one of my matches for the first time three days ago. Remember: she was my first ever tinder date.

We had something to eat and hung out. She's from Illinois and is studying German in Heidelberg for one year. She stayed that night.. And the 2 following nights as well :laugh: we have the exact same taste of music and things in life and she watched the draft with me last night though not giving a **** about hockey but her father is a die hard Blues fan :laugh:. I took a couple of days of holiday at work to visit my mother for 2 days in Switzerland and I'm gonna take her with me so she can see Switzerland as well.

So again, my first tinder date ever and I hit a 100% perfect match. What are the ****ing odds o_O

*EDIT2*

That's awesome!

I think laugh is the weird one missing a colon. laugh:

EDIT: guess not :laugh:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
i've finally taken steps in acquiring what's been a long-time guilty pleasure/desire of mine:
i am getting a Randy Gilhen game-worn road Moncton Hawks jersey.
only thing that would make me happier would be a Sherbrooke Jets jersey.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

*edit*

*EDIT2*

Jeesus, having a girl meet your parents after 2 weeks? You move fast bro. :laugh: Have fun in Switzerland.

The smiles don't show up without refreshing the page if you make an inline edit i.e not in the "Advanced" view

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Had our sponsor skate with Brighteyes this morning.

Man, being on the ice with him and a bunch of benders you really see what incredible talent this guy has. His vision, passing, quickness and agility are awe inspiring. I was his D partner at first (and by D, I mean that is where he stood when the puck was dropped :laugh:) Now I know what Enstrom felt like all those seasons :sarcasm:

Truly though, Mark is such a great guy. Just one of the boys and they basically had to drag him off the ice.

Near the end of the scrimmage, when he had changed teams he yells out "Play to 5!! Let's make it interesting, what do you want to bet?" I said if we won, Mark had to wash the winning teams cars.

It was 1 - 0 for us when the horn went to get us off the ice. Mark kept the puck on a string, working it all over the zone and through everyone and went bar down to tie. Of course it was after the horn, so I will expect him to be at my door with a bucket shortly :laugh:

Wow that sounds so cool. I would be so nervous and starstruck that I would piss myself. Is Mark in Winnipeg over the summer?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Jeesus, having a girl meet your parents after 2 weeks? You move fast bro. :laugh: Have fun in Switzerland.

The smiles don't show up without refreshing the page if you make an inline edit i.e not in the "Advanced" view

Smart man you are thx.

I have to give her the chance to see switzerland ... no matter of meeting my mum or not.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Wow that sounds so cool. I would be so nervous and starstruck that I would piss myself. Is Mark in Winnipeg over the summer?

I doubt it. I think he'll probably head back to Ontario after his golf tourney tomorrow.

He mentioned how he got stuck in the hotel parking garage (he was a bit late) because of the storm.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Somebody posted a picture of McAvoy's draft picture with his "I hate Boston" tweet included in it. Anyone know what thread that was in?

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I wonder how many English teachers' eyes twitch as they see the drafted player tweets roll in.

"Happy to be apart of the ___ organization"

So you're happy to be away from the organization? :laugh:

Last edited:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I wonder how many English teachers' eyes twitch as they see the drafter player tweets roll in.

"Happy to be apart of the ___ organization"

So you're happy to be away from the organization? :laugh:

i saw that and LOL'd. but i chock it down to autocorrect.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Somebody posted a picture of McAvoy's draft picture with his "I hate Boston" tweet included in it. Anyone know what thread that was in?

I think I heard it was from a number of years ago when Boston eliminated his favourite team (Rangers?) from the playoffs.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Population of Iceland: 320.000
Euro appearances before this year: 0
WC appearances before this year: 0
Number of games played vs. England: 12
Number of games lost vs. England: 9
Number of games won vs. England: 1

England is gone, Spain is gone, Croatia gone, Portugal is bad as always, France I'm pretty "meh" about and Belgium is still not experienced enough IMO.

Looks like we can get the double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad