OT: Jets Lounge: This place is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
On the topic of weather: I hate ours right now. Crazy damp, but because our winters never get as cold as yours, good quality house heating doesn't exist. You can pack on layers but the damp cuts right through and nothing dries, so in reality you feel far colder than the temperature gauge would have you believe.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Who is good with appliance letters and written language, has 20 minutes to spare and would like to take a look on my appliance letter for Deep Silver Germany (Risen, Saints Row, Dead Island, Homefront)?

It's in English, obviously

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Most of it if I think about what it means according to the sentence. Similar to how we understand Dutch - parts but not everything. Believe it or not but this is the first time in my life I see Jiddish written down.

I can't decipher the words in red.

Yiddish (not sure what Jiddish is...what the jedis speak?) is 90% german 10% english and written with the hebrew alphabet.

schmaltzy may be an english adaptation of schmaltzic.

Who is good with appliance letters and written language, has 20 minutes to spare and would like to take a look on my appliance letter for Deep Silver Germany (Risen, Saints Row, Dead Island, Homefront)?

It's in English, obviously

Edit # 1: it's an application letter. an appliance letter's what your stove would write to your toaster to tell her how he really feels about her

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Yiddish (not sure what Jiddish is...what the jedis speak?) is 90% german 10% english and written with the hebrew alphabet.

schmaltzy may be an english adaptation of schmaltzic.

Edit # 1: it's an application letter. an appliance letter's what your stove would write to your toaster to tell her how he really feels about her

haha right, sorry I'm a little confused right now. At least I did write "application as" in my application letter instead of "appliance as"

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

Or what you would write to one of your appliances if you craved a toaster or a color TV.

Damn it, I wanted to link Zappa's "A token of my extreme" here, but it's been taken down. Stupid copyright stuff.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Mmm stellas

I go by Stella's on Sherbrook every time I walk to work, and I'm always so jelly.

Grumble grumble stupid people getting to enjoy a leisurely morning at Stella's grumble grumble.

"Hammer Slammer has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Lazy bugger needs to clean out his inbox! :laugh:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Mmm stellas

I went there once for lunch with my mom, sister, brother in law for lunch after setting up for their wedding social. I was very sad to see that it was almost all breakfast...and healthy breakfast at that without a burger in sight. I had my heart set in a greasy cheese burger.

I settled on a chicken sandwich that was actually hella good.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I went there once for lunch with my mom, sister, brother in law for lunch after setting up for their wedding social. I was very sad to see that it was almost all breakfast...and healthy breakfast at that without a burger in sight. I had my heart set in a greasy cheese burger.

I settled on a chicken sandwich that was actually hella good.

That chicken sandwich burger thing is glorious. Served with roast potato mmmmmmm.

FinnishJet

Mar 19, 2015
Finland
Oh dear oh dear...

I was driving around the town with my friend, and we noticed two kids sitting near a bus stop, both of them had beverage cans in hand and first i thought that they were drinking Coca-cola. But second time we saw them, i noticed that the were beer cans. And second thing i noticed, the kids were about 11-12 years old.

My friend stops the car and we went to talk to kids and ask them about where did they get those beers.
One of them starts vomiting and the other kid..well, he started f-bombing like there was no tomorrow.
My friend calls ambulance and both kids started crying, other was afraid that he is going to die because he drink too much and the f-bomber was afraid that he is going to be arrested or something.

They were 10 and 11 years old.

Whats wrong with the kids these days? When I was 10, i was sitting home and drinking lemonade, first time when i tasted beer i was 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00