OT: Jets Lounge: This place is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Very. Your job is done...you can go as away now.

Blah blah blah politics blah blah blah NDP blah blah blah Alberta election.

thor-banhammer-avengers.gif

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Well after 2 months we might finally have this cat figured out. Took drugs from the states (Torsemide) which were approved in Canada previously but not any more. It was pulled strictly due to marketing reasons, IE not enough profit to renew the application. We've also had to give him potassium, which affects heart and kidney function. The two combined have enabled us to lower the Torsemide dose to the minimum prescribed amount, which is really good because it means he might be able to live a long time. His last chest tap was 5 weeks ago, and before that he needed one every 4-5 days.

He was on a downward spiral with the Torsemide alone, it was dehydrating him a bit and elevating kidney values, also depleting his potassium. He's on Torsemide to reduce fluid around his lungs which is due to heart failure. It's a water pill. But it was at a high dose to keep the fluid off, which also flushed out his potassium. The potassium being low would affect heart function (cause arrythmia and other things)and increase the amount of fluid around his lungs. So we would see an increase in breathing rate and think he needed more Torsemide, but it was actually the worst thing to do.

Low potassium can also cause breathing problems(paralysis of the breathing muscles), which makes you think he's taking on fluid.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Damn. I go offsite for a couple of hours and come back to find out I'm now famous and Holden reminds me of my wife. How weird is that for an outcome? :laugh:

by edit: hope it continues to go well for kitty, Allan.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Damn. I go offsite for a couple of hours and come back to find out I'm now famous and Holden reminds me of my wife. How weird is that for an outcome? :laugh:

by edit: hope it continues to go well for kitty, Allan.

Ouch bro. Ouch. :D

Although....

SCAM_LEADER,_the_world's_most_unconvincing_cross-dresser.jpg

272.gif

Glad we got that figured.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Man I used the think I was good at SC back in Brood War days. Then although I've played campaigns not much on multiplayer in SC2. Now I'm watching twitch with some pro players I realize my like 60-100 moves per minute was a joke compared to these guys. How do they do it?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Further to the Rady Sports Dinner discussion from the other thread, Bettman had to pull out due to kidney stones. Daly, Chevy, Maurice and Chipman in his place...

More bang for your buck I suppose.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Man I used the think I was good at SC back in Brood War days. Then although I've played campaigns not much on multiplayer in SC2. Now I'm watching twitch with some pro players I realize my like 60-100 moves per minute was a joke compared to these guys. How do they do it?

I always used cheat codes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille