OT: Jets Lounge: No one knows whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Wow Manitoba L and L will not be going into TN Square. That has to be a surprise to many. That's going to put a monkey wrench into Chipman's plans.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I'm thinking of purchasing Centre Ice this year, there are a few U.S clubs that I'm interested in following. How many blackout games am I going to expect to see? I read up a little about the subject but it's a little confusing.

For example, I'm blacked out from watching a Leafs Sens game on TSN 1 or 2, would I be able to watch this game on Centre Ice?

You get all the games on CI.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Chris Cornell is touring unplugged and he is not scheduled to hit Winnipeg which is a bit unfortunate. He has such a great voice I would really like to see him in this format live.

That's a shame, I would love to see that as well.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I was REALLY surprised by that news?

Me too. I figured the MLL saying they were exploring a bunch of options was more lip service than anything else and the whole plan was for them to be the anchor tenant. I'm actually impressed TBH. Now, batten down the hatches and get ready for 50+% overruns! :sarcasm:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I was watching Amazing Race Canada this year. It bothers me when they have contestants who seem unprepared or basically, unsuited for the challenges of the Race. I mean if you can't swim, are afraid of heights, don't like unfamiliar food, or unfamiliar cultures, aren't a good driver, break down emotionally during contests/games of skill/chance etc....you might want to rethink about going on the Amazing Race.

At least prep for it! I can't swim; so you don't see me going on Survivor because I know there's going to be a lot of swimming involved. If I applied, I'd take a hell of a lot of swimming lessons.

I know the Race is about more than challenges. But this season had a lot of criers and worse, quitters of challenges, who were saved by 'non-elimination legs', or 'express passes' and 'U-Turns'.

You realize that's exactly why the producers took these people right? It's "reality" TV. They want unstable people for "drama".

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
I thought blackouts were still in effect in Canada.

only your local game is blacked out. Although I'm not sure how SN regional games and national games may work. I'm in the US so my only blackout is the Blues (KC area) and NBCSN games.

Depending on your provider you may get 1 broadcast or two, and it may or may not be in HD.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
You realize that's exactly why the producers took these people right? It's "reality" TV. They want unstable people for "drama".

Lol no one on the amazing race canada was unstable. So there goes that theory. Survivor yes they do pick the unstable

Edit: speaking of unstable. Gotta love downtown

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Lol no one on the amazing race canada was unstable. So there goes that theory. Survivor yes they do pick the unstable

Edit: speaking of unstable. Gotta love downtown

Going off the previous comment. And when I watched Amazing Race a ways back (when it first started years ago) they most certainly DID stick to taking "unstable" people. People that build up drama by fighting each other, fighting other groups, yelling, going crazy. It's how reality works, people calmly solving problems is not interesting lowest common denominator TV (which is what reality TV is) :naughty:

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Ok not sure how I missed him last time I must have been out of town. I am a bit jealous now.

Sorry it was Pantages not the Concert Hall, October 29, 2013. I keep all my concert ticket stubs and had to go digging through them to make sure.

Edit: That show sold out in a day I think?

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Blue Jays march to the World Series!

Red Sox 10 Yankees 4.
Top 9th.

If the Red Sox hold on and win, the Jays will clinch at least a tie, in the AL pennant race. Tomorrow is a double header for the Jays, and all they need is one more win, and the AL East title is theirs.

GO JAYS GO!

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
That's all she wrote!

x-Toronto 91-65
New York 86-71

Blue Jays now are guaranteed at least a tie, for the pennant. A win tomorrow in the double header, and they clinch the AL East!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Because of my absolutely intense and ridiculous love of text based hockey sim games I gave in and bought FHM2. To my immense displeasure in the first 10 minutes of playing I found that waivers are still broken, horrible trade AI, AI releasing good prospects from protected list before their rights expire for no reason, etc. Sigh. Will try a bit to play but looks like I'll be moving back to EHM.

And apparently it also crashes. There goes my season.

Last edited:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Going off the previous comment. And when I watched Amazing Race a ways back (when it first started years ago) they most certainly DID stick to taking "unstable" people. People that build up drama by fighting each other, fighting other groups, yelling, going crazy. It's how reality works, people calmly solving problems is not interesting lowest common denominator TV (which is what reality TV is) :naughty:

The Canadian or American version? Because yes the American version does pick unstable people. Canadian one not so much.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
The Canadian or American version? Because yes the American version does pick unstable people. Canadian one not so much.

my wife's worked with 1 contestant (Bob Hope, who's married to Rex Harrington). the producers just pick entertaining characters. they don't want bland.

things are hammed up and edited to make ppl look crazier than they really are

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Steel Panther playing The Burt November 19th. Highly entertaining if you haven't seen them. Been a fan since the beginning but I never thought Winnipeg would get a sniff of them so I've caught them in Minny and Vegas.

If you like 80's hair metal with over the top, hilariously perverse lyrics played by top notch musicians then you will dig this. :laugh:

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

American

my wife's worked with 1 contestant (Bob Hope, who's married to Rex Harrington). the producers just pick entertaining characters. they don't want bland.

things are hammed up and edited to make ppl look crazier than they really are

Yup. People also put on crazy personas just to get on the show that can appear unstable.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
That ****ing apple commercial

Apple: "Photos themselves have changed!"

Me: Really how?

Apple: They move now!

Me: You mean like GIFs? Apple you didn't invent the GIF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad