OT: Jets Lounge: No one knows whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
The shaking can cause bruising (chipping of ice into the drink). Stirring is a more gentle approach. I don't think the process would be used to disguise a cheaper product....that is generally done by infusing fruit juices to mask (crantini etc). A strait martini shaken or stirred is tough to fake ingredients.

Both processes of shaking and stirring are used to chill the drink and dilute. Shaking is much faster but it can alter the flavor more. The better tenders I know liked to stir slowly and take their time when the situation allowed.

But Bond drinks his shaken, not not stirred.

That's really all that matters.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
CG9BtZj.jpg

It lives, and it will devour you.

Nice! Reminds me of my first build.

Right now I'm rocking SLI 980's and and I7 4790k on a 1440p monitor.

Once you game on PC you can't look at console stuff the same. Not saying you can't play it, I play NHL 15 and exclusives and certain MP games all the time on PS4, but if given the chance always PC.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
today is ESL One and I'm getting sentimental again :cry:

http://live.esl-one.com/

be aware to not click on this link if you don't want to get smashed away by pure nerdness and weird eSport language

No SC2 so the whole thing is dumb. SC2 (along with it's predecessor SC:Brood War) are the real true esport. CSGO = zzzzzzz, FPS doesn't make for good viewing. LOL or DOTA = zzzzzzz, just seriously lol.

Last edited:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Nice! :yo:

How's it performing now that you've got it together?

Haven't tested it thoroughly just yet. After the RMA hell I was in for my last build (4 months), I was ecstatic to just have it up and posting to BIOS. One thing I know for sure that when under idle load, it makes no noise whatsoever. It's quiet as all hell.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
But Bond drinks his shaken, not not stirred.

That's really all that matters.

yeah but it was Sean Connery so he was the crappy Bond, so it was likely a lame vodka martini.

vodka's pretty much only good for making bitters. i haven't used it in cocktails or had it on its own in years.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
No SC2 so the whole thing is dumb. SC2 (along with it's predecessor SC:Brood War) are the real true esport. CSGO = zzzzzzz, FPS doesn't make for good viewing. LOL or DOTA = zzzzzzz, just seriously lol.

Lolz, u mad bro? CSGO and Dota best games! Come 1on1 me and get rekt by my made skillz kid! Lowbird inc man, pls uninstall battle.net, thanks!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
yeah but it was Sean Connery so he was the crappy Bond, so it was likely a lame vodka martini.

vodka's pretty much only good for making bitters. i haven't used it in cocktails or had it on its own in years.

Yet it is so dam popular.

Top choice for Russians, alcoholics, and millennials :yo:

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I still don't see the necessity of SLI. My motherboard doesn't support it, anyways.

Better performance. My monitor is 144hz as well so higher FPS the better.

For most people it's overkill. If you are running a 1080p 60hz monitor, 1 higher end video card is a you need. (Assuming you're aiming for 60 FPS at max settings, otherwise you don't even need that)

Sweet Jesus. Must be amazing.

It is very nice. Before this computer I hadn't upgraded in like 4 or 5 years so I really went overboard with my build. I think this will satisfy me for a very long time lol.

Last edited:

Zscore

Aug 22, 2015
Hi folks,

New to Winnipeg here. I am also new to organized hockey and am looking to start learning at the tender age of 30! Never too late and all that, right? Decent skater though. I am hoping you all could point me in the right direction with some of the questions I have.

1. Are there any beginner rec leagues in Winnipeg that are also coed? I have a friend who is a lady that I would like to play on a team with.

2. I've been going to Canlan for stick and puck skates but because I am in st. Vital and because their public programs are generally during the day time work hours, they are hard to get to. Are there any rinks/community centres I could join on the south side of the city with evening or weekend public skates for hockey?

Thanks for any and all tips!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I still don't see the necessity of SLI. My motherboard doesn't support it, anyways.

Just adding my 2 cents.

I've used SLI in the past on my rig and the reason was this. I had the most powerful CPU at the time and it was overkill, yet I only had a midrange video card. All was good, but then I found some of the newer games were just too much for my card. CPU was still fine. So by having an SLI capable board, I just bought another identical card ( which was dirt cheap now because it was a couple of generations older ) and I was back gaming at the highest resolutions. Basically an SLI board allows you to get the higher resolutions and game settings without having to spend the high coin on a single card.

But having said that, I was always having driver problems running SLI on some games just because they didn't play well together. So the next PC I build I will be dumping the SLI. I will be buying a board that gives me all the features I want, but will save me money by not having SLI support, and I use the money I save on the board to buy a better single video card.

Just personal preference.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Hi folks,

New to Winnipeg here. I am also new to organized hockey and am looking to start learning at the tender age of 30! Never too late and all that, right? Decent skater though. I am hoping you all could point me in the right direction with some of the questions I have.

1. Are there any beginner rec leagues in Winnipeg that are also coed? I have a friend who is a lady that I would like to play on a team with.

2. I've been going to Canlan for stick and puck skates but because I am in st. Vital and because their public programs are generally during the day time work hours, they are hard to get to. Are there any rinks/community centres I could join on the south side of the city with evening or weekend public skates for hockey?

Thanks for any and all tips!

Welcome! *to Winnipeg, the forums, and the fantastic sport of hockey!*

Winnipeg is flush with hockey leagues -- ASHL (Canlan) Winnipeg Jets Hockey League (Iceplex, West Perimeter) and DHL (Jonathan Toews CC, South Side) all have a good range of divisions for all skill levels. There are also other leagues like CHL, and FHL, but they travel from rink to rink and might be a bit more challenging for your status.

You could easily jump in to any of these leagues at the lowest level, but for enjoyments sake, I'd take an adult hockey class (there are a couple poking around). It will really add to your enjoyment if you can at least perform some of the skills at a decent level.

As for skating for hockey, just wait til mid November and you can play hockey outdoors to your hearts content. That, IMO is the best way to improve your skill.

Good luck! Keep fit and have fun!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
More vodka then mix most times.

I hate gin. Its gross to me. So my martinis are always vodka

gin was the 1st spirit that made me puke. so i get what you're sayinh.
you have to buy a really nice gin to appreciate it. most of the LC gins are gross and synthetic. the nice ones have botanicals.
then use that gin to mae a gimlet or another amazing gin cocktail and you'll get it.

i use Dillon's gin for martinis. 3 ounces and you drink it in 5 minutes. very, very dangerous. and smooth.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
personal pref though.

yes and no.
there is personal preference and then there are discerning palates that concur that product A tastes like an old runner's insole.

most things that are popular, be it food or drink, are not tasty. in fact, they're likely more palate-neutral.
in Winnipeg, or example, you cannot say that a McDonalds burger is tastier than a Superboys' burger. no one with a palate would ever say that.

same with spirits. vodka literally tastes like nothing. tell me how you can drink a vodka martini and tell me it is delicious. you are only getting a hint of vermouth to it. otherwise, you are drinking neutral, alcohol-heavy water flavours. and if you don't enjoy the taste or depths of certain spirits, that's cool.but anyone saying that vodka is a preference based on tastes versus a lack of taste? untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad