OT: Jets Lounge: JC be lazy edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derfel*

Just go and watch Gone Girl people, god dammit!

Answer me this - at least 3 reviews told me it was a good "date movie". How could a movie about wife murder be a good "date movie"? I mean, I took a girlfriend to "Indecent Proposal" once, and that was an awful idea...

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Without going into too much, everything is not quite as it seems in Gone Girl and women tend to like those kinds of things

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Answer me this - at least 3 reviews told me it was a good "date movie". How could a movie about wife murder be a good "date movie"? I mean, I took a girlfriend to "Indecent Proposal" once, and that was an awful idea...

Ladies love the Ben Affleck...even murderous Ben Affleck.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Maybe it's a good movie to see with a girl you're having an affair with?:dunno:

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Thanks for the troubleshooting suggestion but unfortunately that isn't it. For some reason DCHP is not working properly. If I manually select my IP, Gateway, DNS etc. I can get on, but when the laptop tries to acquire the addresses automatically, it can't do it.

All the other devices on the network (2 PC's, 2 iPads, my phone) have no problem with it.

What is this?

e0RKHnR.jpg

This is what a good Canadian kid who scores a beauty at hockey gets for dinner. My mom's sauerkraut is the best in the world!

I was at the point all by myself... the guy had it beside the net, I hollered and he fed it to me. I walked right down main street and put it far post in.

I have found as I've gotten older I have gotten better offensively. I just don't panic anymore.

Nice - but, and this is a huge but, where is the sour cream???

You can't have 'kraut with chops and potatoes and not have sour cream. Philistine.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just got a push notification for the upcoming Nickleback concert......wonder who is still going to their concerts now that they seem to have become a punch line for all that is Evil in the music world? I have zero passion for them positively or negatively they don't really enter my space but I thought this post might stir it up a bit?

:naughty:

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Just got a push notification for the upcoming Nickleback concert......wonder who is still going to their concerts now that they seem to have become a punch line for all that is Evil in the music world? I have zero passion for them positively or negatively they don't really enter my space but I thought this post might stir it up a bit?

:naughty:

ERMAHGERD NERCKELBACK IS TURRRRIBLE. ALL THUR SURNGS ARE THER SERRME!

They're meh.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
ERMAHGERD NERCKELBACK IS TURRRRIBLE. ALL THUR SURNGS ARE THER SERRME!

They're meh.

See, I don't get this hate of Nickelback - yeah, it's formulaic and ultimately disposable pop-rock, but it's certainly not the worst on the radio (or whatever streaming service). Some of it is catchy and Kroeger knows how to write awesome hooks. I sing along to some of their stuff (as mentioned above - Burn It To The Ground), bu tin ten or twenty years I will have forgotten all about them, like many other similar acts. That's how the cycle works.

What amuses me is that everybody "hates" them, yet their concerts sell out instantly, so there are obviously some people who clearly don't hate them.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
To each his own!

In our house, sour cream, screaming hot mustard, horseradish and sriracha are the condiments of choice.

Ah! Rooster sauce: I love it. I enjoy spicy foods, and spicy condiments. I'd heartily recommend a horseradish mayo for burgers, if you haven't tried it yet.

When I was a wee-youngster, I was introduced to it at a burger shack near McPhillips and Notre Dame (on the NW corner) called "Grubee's". They threw all the condiments you could think of on the table, and let you embellish your cow meat the way you wanted when you sat down. I now refer to Horseradish mayo as Grubee's, which confuses the heck out of everyone. :D

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
When I was a wee-youngster, I was introduced to it at a burger shack near McPhillips and Notre Dame (on the NW corner) called "Grubee's". They threw all the condiments you could think of on the table, and let you embellish your cow meat the way you wanted when you sat down. I now refer to Horseradish mayo as Grubee's, which confuses the heck out of everyone. :D

Ahhh Grubees... I often patronized the Portage Ave location in the late 70s while working at Eaton's on evenings and weekends when I was in high school. Good stuff! My respect goes to Oscar Grubert who passed away earlier this year (link)... he had quite an impact on the Winnipeg restaurant scene.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Ahhh Grubees... I often patronized the Portage Ave location in the late 70s while working at Eaton's on evenings and weekends when I was in high school. Good stuff! My respect goes to Oscar Grubert who passed away earlier this year (link)... he had quite an impact on the Winnipeg restaurant scene.

A fellow Grubee's visitor! Hah - I didn't think anyone would remember that place. Rather sad about Grubert - condolences to his family. :( He'll forever have a place in my fridge though, with my horseradish maya fetish. :nod:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Ah! Rooster sauce: I love it. I enjoy spicy foods, and spicy condiments. I'd heartily recommend a horseradish mayo for burgers, if you haven't tried it yet.

They had burgers when you were young?

:p::D

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
They had burgers when you were young?

:p::D

Hey, you had to cull the Mastodon herds every now and again. Crazy things would over-run your caves otherwise. Made playing Castle Wolfeneanderthal difficult when they'd wander in front of the fire.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Oscar was a legend in the in the Canadian restaurant scene!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad