OT: Jets Lounge: JC be lazy edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
What sort of security on the router are you using? That could be an issue...

Thanks for the troubleshooting suggestion but unfortunately that isn't it. For some reason DCHP is not working properly. If I manually select my IP, Gateway, DNS etc. I can get on, but when the laptop tries to acquire the addresses automatically, it can't do it.

All the other devices on the network (2 PC's, 2 iPads, my phone) have no problem with it.

What is this?

e0RKHnR.jpg

This is what a good Canadian kid who scores a beauty at hockey gets for dinner. My mom's sauerkraut is the best in the world!

I was at the point all by myself... the guy had it beside the net, I hollered and he fed it to me. I walked right down main street and put it far post in.

I have found as I've gotten older I have gotten better offensively. I just don't panic anymore.

Derfel*

Thanks for the troubleshooting suggestion but unfortunately that isn't it. For some reason DCHP is not working properly. If I manually select my IP, Gateway, DNS etc. I can get on, but when the laptop tries to acquire the addresses automatically, it can't do it.

All the other devices on the network (2 PC's, 2 iPads, my phone) have no problem with it.

Could this be the issue/solution?

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2083345/internet-access-windows-windows.html

Hope it helps.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Yeah that is exactly what I did. I manually found and entered that info which got me on. The only problem with this is, when you have DHCP enabled, your computer does that automatically. The bonus with that is for a portable computer like a laptop you can just seemlessly log on to any open network.

As it stands now I will have to know what the networks host IP is and what available IP address I can use, as well as what DNS servers I can use (though I don't think that matters as long as you have a valid one entered).

I think I will take it in to Best Buy anyways since it's under warranty and let them figure it out :)

Thanks!

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Wifi at U of M is terrible, I constantly get dropped :rant:

Back when I was at U of W, there were numerous study places you couldn't pick up wifi if your life depended on it. Even in the library you couldn't pick up wifi sometimes. Hard to do research on your own laptop when it won't connect to wifi lol.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I have seen ONE teaser for it, and cut off all exposure to it to avoid spoilers.

Can't wait to see it.

Then definately don't read that article haha. Most of previews only show the stuff from the first minutes of the movie. The ad campaign has actually been done amazingly for Interstellar.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Haha oh no!

My mom and I couldn't stop laughing. He realized this after he phoned MTS getting all huffy.

I was domestic today and sewed my duvet. Had a hole in it from what I assume is one of the dogs. I really hope my work has a queen mattress cover. My feather mattress (because my bed is like 15 years old) keeps falling off :(

Yessssss Newsroom is back tonight! Still have shows from Friday to watch though:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad