OT: Jets Lounge: JC be lazy edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I also have an interview this morning. And will be having a nap before work this evening. Thank god I only have a 4 hour shift

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm taking the TOEFL tomorrow. It's a test to show colleges that I'm proficient in English and will be able to handle studying in English.

It doesn't feel like a waste at all to pay $180 for that test.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'm taking the TOEFL tomorrow. It's a test to show colleges that I'm proficient in English and will be able to handle studying in English.

It doesn't feel like a waste at all to pay $180 for that test.

You still have to do TOEFL? Seriously? After living more than a year in the States? :laugh:

poor you, especially considering the amount of money. That's a joke, you'll finish it in 10 minutes probably.

For others if you don't know TOEFL: It's a very common test in Europe when you want to do a semester abroad in NA or Australia or England. It's actually not that easy but it will be a piece of cake for someone already living in an english speaking environment for so much time.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
You still have to do TOEFL? Seriously? After living more than a year in the States? :laugh:

poor you, especially considering the amount of money. That's a joke, you'll finish it in 10 minutes probably.

For others if you don't know TOEFL: It's a very common test in Europe when you want to do a semester abroad in NA or Australia or England. It's actually not that easy but it will be a piece of cake for someone already living in an english speaking environment for so much time.

After more than a year in the states, two classes at a community college (where I aced the English proficiency test I had to take) and scoring in the top 15 percentile on both the SAT reading and writing. Yes.

Believe it or not, but I'm not actually that worried!:laugh:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I mean, again for comparison, I know teenagers in Germany that took it at the age of 16 :laugh:

Okay they obviously want to earn 180 bucks and that's it.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
To be fair, the school I'm most interested in right now doesn't demand that I take it. But some schools do, and obviously I want to keep my options open.

Honestly, I don't even get the point. If you're stupid enough to go to college and take classes when you won't be able to understand what they are teaching, then maybe you deserve to lose the money you put into it?

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Way back in the dark ages (late 1980s) I was applying to grad school in the U.S. As a requirement for all of the schools I was applying to (requirements varied by school) I had to take the TOEFL. I'd lived in English speaking Canada all my life.

So being a resident of Sweden or Germany is like being from a foreign planet for American universities, never mind Canada, which is just a foreign country.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Way back in the dark ages (late 1980s) I was applying to grad school in the U.S. As a requirement for all of the schools I was applying to (requirements varied by school) I had to take the TOEFL. I'd lived in English speaking Canada all my life.

So being a resident of Sweden or Germany is like being from a foreign planet for American universities, never mind Canada, which is just a foreign country.

They made you take the TOEFL in Canada? :laugh:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Students from Quebec or New Brunswick are usually made to take the TOEFL in the US. Ridiculous, but true.

I feel much more okay with having to take the TOEFL all of a sudden!:laugh:

anyone remember when ladyjet was grumpy romang would make a grumpy cat mem

Nah, that wasn't me. Making the grumpy cat meme means that you use technology, which means that I can't do it.

Also, LadyJet is always grumpy.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
if anyone doesnt post the gdt by 6:00 EST would i be burnt, shunned, and ripped on forever in hfjets history if i make one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad