OT: Jets Lounge: JC Be Lazy Edition - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just watched the Movie Boyhood. Kind of interesting to watch an actor grow up from 7 years old to go to college.....so cool they did it all with the same kid. Odd for me to watch since my son is 6 now so this was that fast forward moment or glimpse into the future. Fortunately I am old enough to completely understand that his life will go almost as fast as that movie went.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Well the Jets were **** but to make me feel better New Zealand smashed the snot out of England at the cricket today.

Bowling the poms out for only 123 runs then being 112-1 in just nine overs and chasing them in just 11 overs with only two guys out. Bloody magnificent.

Any other cricket or rugby fans among the HF Jets crowd?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Well the Jets were **** but to make me feel better New Zealand smashed the snot out of England at the cricket today.

Bowling the poms out for only 123 runs then being 112-1 in just nine overs and chasing them in just 11 overs with only two guys out. Bloody magnificent.

So would beating the snot out of England be like beating the crap out of Leafs? Everyone wants to do it and feels really happy when they do.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
So would beating the snot out of England be like beating the crap out of Leafs? Everyone wants to do it and feels really happy when they do.

Also, they both haven't really been relevant since the sport expanded out from the original place.

I didn't understand a single word of what Kiwi said.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

i-know-some-of-these-words-o.gif

I know some of these words.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

I stuck the above into Google Canada Translate and all I got back was:

Was delivering a tee-line weight in-turn draw for my eight-ender and it was heavy ice. But with sweeping, it ended up being a biter. A beauty, eh!

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I stuck the above into Google Canada Translate and all I got back was:

Was delivering a tee-line weight in-turn draw for my eight-ender and it was heavy ice. But with sweeping, it ended up being a biter. A beauty, eh!

Well played sir. Well played.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Anyone else ever burn out working two jobs? I had to quit a part time job because working 65 hours a week drained me, sucks because I liked that part time bartending job but my health is more important

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Anyone else ever burn out working two jobs? I had to quit a part time job because working 65 hours a week drained me, sucks because I liked that part time bartending job but my health is more important

I had three at one time in my early twenties. One full time, two part time. Parttime jobs were at the Keg and Carling O'Keefe breweries. My brewery shifts usually started around 11:00 p.m. and sometimes my early Keg shifts were over by then. So there were a few times I went straight from the day job (tennis court maintenance 6 am -3 pm) to the Keg then off to Carling. Many times I had the shifts actually overlapping so I was double dipping - it was only workable because the tennis court job had minimal supervision and some of those shifts ran from 3-11 pm. So I'd return to the club to do the work after midnight some nights. Young man's game. I worked at the Keg during the Pan Am games too, while working a full time job out of town. That was harsh, thankfully it was only for about two months, but burnout? Oh yeah. Exhausted on the first go round.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah I could not handle two jobs. I can barely handle the one I have. I've been the only supervisor for almost 5 years and basically on call 24/7. Winters are especially tough as our equipment is old and guys don't want to work outside all that much in the winter meaning way more sick calls.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Yeah I could not handle two jobs. I can barely handle the one I have. I've been the only supervisor for almost 5 years and basically on call 24/7. Winters are especially tough as our equipment is old and guys don't want to work outside all that much in the winter meaning way more sick calls.

Dare I ask if you do repossessions?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Yeah, it can really get to you. Money is good but work life balance and getting enough rest is critical to your overall mental health and well being.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Looking to pick up a second job when I got back to university in two weeks, just tutoring some kids after school. I want to get out of the broke student retail grind and into something more suited to my actual career goals.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ok so I try to never go to CBC TV in fear of catching something but if you guys aren't watching Schitt's Creek you are making a huge mistake.

Just watch the Episode where Catherine O'Hara is pitching the local a55 wine...... her closing scene where she is going to crush the take because she has had a rough day on the set is just comedic genius. All four main actors are really good and the supporting ensemble are great...David on the turkey hunt is also worth the price of admission. David is played by Daniel Levy (Eugene's son).

Last edited:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Most. Canadian. Thing. Ever.

Wish I had a kind-hearted Canadian to hand me a game used puck.

And I'd like to formally apologise to all the old ladies who shot me dirty looks for not apologising when there clearly was enough room to pass you in Superstore.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm not sure what is more Canadian the gif above this post, or the fact that CBC has a show called Schitt's Creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad