OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Funny thing happened today. My wife ran into Dennis Beyak at the grocery store.
Her only words to him were “hey you’re Dennis Beyak. You’re the only reason I watch hockey”.
Yup. That about sums it up. :laugh:

Dennis is one of the good guys in life. He and his wife had the misfortune of sitting behind my wife and her buddy (um....and their two husbands) at the Eric Church concert and I don’t think they sat down for more than two songs so Dennis and his wife had the obstructed view but he handled it like a champ.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So today was fun. Sitting on couch playing a game on laptop when a freaking squirrel jumped on me. So I spent the past two hours trying to chase a panicking squirrel out of my house. Awesome.

Pretty sure it got in via the basement, which means the rest of my day involves taking every single thing out the basement, checking for nests and holes and sealing them. Fun.

Great way to spend a day off.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
So today was fun. Sitting on couch playing a game on laptop when a freaking squirrel jumped on me. So I spent the past two hours trying to chase a panicking squirrel out of my house. Awesome.

Pretty sure it got in via the basement, which means the rest of my day involves taking every single thing out the basement, checking for nests and holes and sealing them. Fun.

@Eyeseeing was that you wreaking havoc? :laugh:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

Glad I was at work!

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll bet it was a Saskatchewan squirrel. :laugh:
Like this one?

aye-aye.jpg.638x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Well, here's an interesting factoid from that.

"Aye-ayes are commonly thought to be bad omens by some of the Malagasy people, although other legends consider them a good omen. When spotted, they are killed on sight and hung up so that the evil spirit will be carried away by travelers".

By this picture being posted, the Jets are now cursed in this series. :scared:

Reactions: jefferoni

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Well, here's an interesting factoid from that.

"Aye-ayes are commonly thought to be bad omens by some of the Malagasy people, although other legends consider them a good omen. When spotted, they are killed on sight and hung up so that the evil spirit will be carried away by travelers".

By this picture being posted, the Jets are now cursed in this series. :scared:
Only if we're playing the Malagasy team! :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Advocacy group calls for change to Whiteout Party name

It's called a "White Out" because people wear white, not because they are white...

Trying to avoid anything political... but this is ****ing ridiculous.

What's next ... complaining that you don't like winter because the snow is not a neutral colour?

Oh, f*** the hell off! I'm getting seriously sick of these SJW snowflakes and their imagined issues. First of all, there are police on hand to keep things in line, regardless of race, sexual preference, etc. And if you don't feel comfortable at the street party...

THEN JUST DON'T f***ING GO TO THE STREET PARTY!!!

:shakehead

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

It's called a "White Out" because people wear white, not because they are white...

What's next ... complaining that you don't like winter because the snow is not a neutral colour?

What's really amusing and immediately pops their balloon, is there is a black guy wearing white and partying with the rest of those dudes in the article picture.

Pretty sure it's called a Whiteout due to snowstorms and the colour of the Jets home jerseys in the 80s. I didn't feel like I was at a huge Klan rally last year, saw many different people of all genders and races having a blast and uniting as a city.

I'm all for equality for everyone, but groups like this just further divide.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

The thing that these SJWs don't understand is if you call a certain group of people monsters enough times, eventually, that group of people will start to act like monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad