OT: Jets Lounge: And you can put dat on yo toast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
So it's official then?

tumblr_m13vfn0L0r1r13xzdo1_500.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist since the name change.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
i was at the Draft Sports Pub at the University of Ottawa for lunch today and they had a St. John's Ice Caps jersey hanging from the rafters. They only had about 6 hockey Jerseys hung up (Sens, Team Canada, UofO, Albany River Rats for some reason). I wonder what the story is...

BTW, that UofO athletic centre is really nice. Two indoor rinks and a nice soccer/football field out back all right downtown. Lots of kids running around for summer sports camps. People wouldn't ***** so much about high taxes if they saw all the nice stuff they bought for Ottawa! :sarcasm:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
And I wonder why I struggle with confidence and girls. Always something just has to go wrong. :banghead: :banghead: And I don't even have control of this. :doh:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
And I wonder why I struggle with confidence and girls. Always something just has to go wrong. :banghead: :banghead: And I don't even have control of this. :doh:

You can't stress about it. It'll happen when it happens. To an extent you need to let this stuff happen naturally.

You''re psyching yourself out. Putting too much thought into this.

I think you just need to understand that you as a person do have value and some lady is going to find that amazing and all will be ok.

You are so stressed about this, but I think you need to start focusing on being ok by yourself and just being ok with who you are.

The people you are with don't define you. Somebody else can't give you confidence, you need to figure that out on your own.

Trust me. It will work out.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Here's the thing. She's 18(im 23)and is still living at home with her parents till she gets her start date at the hospital. We were supposed to hang out Saturday night. Well her parents won't let her. :facepalm: So now I don't know when we'll see each other again. Doesn't help tht until she starts works at the hospital, she's an hour and a half from my parents house(where I'm at till the race Labor Day weekend).

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Dude, stop getting emotionally attached to chicks between 18-22. There's a reason things like this happen at that age.

Keep it casual and fun, remember the AGE this girl is at and your emotions will stay in check.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Dude, stop getting emotionally attached to chicks between 18-22. There's a reason things like this happen at that age.

Keep it casual and fun, remember the AGE this girl is at and your emotions will stay in check.

It's been that way from the start pretty much. I've kept things in check around her.

But yeah, my emotions give me all kinds of problems. Guess I should really get back to reading. Lol

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Finished season 4 of The Wire tonight. What a great finale that was.

Excellant season. The entire story arc of the school system and introducing the kids in their 8th grade and following Prez into his teaching I found facinating. There are so many movies over the years that make such a mockery of the innner city schools and over simplify solutions (if we only had a great white teacher :help:). I also REALLY enjoyed the rise of Marlo's gang as they asserted dominance and how he managed his ambitions.....watching him identify Michael as having special skills was really cool. I am a student of success and one things I have learned over the years is great leaders generally have an eye for talent and understand how to maximize it. I loved to see the application of this skill in Marlo with Michael.

Yea the final episode was really well done.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Here's the thing. She's 18(im 23)and is still living at home with her parents till she gets her start date at the hospital. We were supposed to hang out Saturday night. Well her parents won't let her. :facepalm: So now I don't know when we'll see each other again. Doesn't help tht until she starts works at the hospital, she's an hour and a half from my parents house(where I'm at till the race Labor Day weekend).

If that was my daughter I wouldn't let her either lol.

What would the two of you even do? That's a big age difference.

Join a yoga class. There's tons of hot chicks there.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Yep just relax man, enjoy being young and having fun and being happy with yourself. I'm 42 and single now sadly..trust me, having a date postponed is far from the worst/most stressful thing you will experience in the world of love, dating, and relationships. :D

When the the serious baggage/speed bumps/wrecks start to come, you will remember these times as a blissful nirvana!

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg

18 and 23 is a bit of a large difference to me. So yeah, it's understandable that the parents are experiencing some consternation. At those ages there can be a huge difference in emotional maturity, life experience, personal strength, and just basically having your crap together. Physical maturity too. Her parents may feel she's not 'grown up' at any level - emotionally or physically (and they are probably right, no disrespect meant). While you, are a stud - with 5 years of adulthood, independence, and powerful social charms and drinking ability at your command. :)

Now, 20-25 isn't nearly as alarming. And at my age 37-42 is less than nothing. Heck actually I find 30-42 isn't much either. That 5 years is just magnified at the younger ages.

Huh, it strikes me I'm old enough to be your dad, and probably the dad of many here. Time for a whisky.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Well we've already met up once and it went pretty well.

Well they're having a Global Rally Cross event at AMS Saturday night and we'll be in a suite since my dad works down there. Then maybe would have gone to a bar or something, idk.

It's definitely a bit of a difference but as long as she doesn't act like a typical high schooler then I'm cool with it. Obviously everyone has their moments though.

I shouldn't worry too much about it now since she'll be moving to the Atlanta area soon to work at a hospital. She is just waiting for a start date.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
18 and 23 is a bit of a large difference to me. So yeah, it's understandable that the parents are experiencing some consternation. At those ages there can be a huge difference in emotional maturity, life experience, personal strength, and just basically having your crap together. Physical maturity too. Her parents may feel she's not 'grown up' at any level - emotionally or physically (and they are probably right, no disrespect meant). While you, are a stud - with 5 years of adulthood, independence, and powerful social charms and drinking ability at your command. :)

Now, 20-25 isn't nearly as alarming. And at my age 37-42 is less than nothing. Heck actually I find 30-42 isn't much either. That 5 years is just magnified at the younger ages.

Huh, it strikes me I'm old enough to be your dad, and probably the dad of many here. Time for a whisky.

Oh yeah, no way is my 13 year old dating an 18 year old :p:

Girls tend to be more mature, but at 18 parents are still very defensive so no surprise her parents aren't cool with it. Vito's example notwithstanding I know as a parent I'd probably draw the line for my daughter at about 21 when she's 18. Obviously if she's living on her own I'll have zero control but if she's still at home then I hopefully still have some say. Can't really stop it, but I can try.

Otherwise agree with what Wings says about age differences.

Would also chime in to relax and have fun and not sweat the relationships all that much. I had my share of girlfriends but around 23 I'd been without for what I felt was too long so I was kind of hunting a little too hard. Met with limited success and decided to just forget about it for six months and party like crazy while working really hard at work and school. Ended up meeting my wife about six weeks after that decision. That was in 1987. :amazed:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
My wife was 16 and I was 17 when we began dating. Bought our first home when we were 21 (she) and 22 (me). Got engaged at 22/23 and married last year at 23/24. I'm now 25 (pretty well in my prime :laugh:) and we're expecting our first baby (Boy) in November. 3 months to the day, actually. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad