OT: Jets Lounge: And you can put dat on yo toast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So Microsoft has done a 180 and have gotten rid of DRM, online check ins and game trading.

What was DRM?

Game trading never really affected me, I take religious care of my games and never buy used. I also always keep my games, since I replay ALOT of games 2-3-4 years down the road, even those with limited replayability since I will have mostly forgotten them by then.

They didn't scrape the game sharing thing though did they? I heard about that and was super psyched, sharing games with friends is something I do a lot and the new game sharing sounded ****ing awesome.

I will be buying an Xbox One, and I will be getting my friends to do the same. I just much prefer their stuff to PS. Be getting my buddies to do the same. All the stuff that made the ps3 "superior" is gone or matched anyways (free online gaming, blu-ray capability).

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
The fact that they even thought that their DRM was a good idea tells me all I need to know.

PS4 will have better RAM, the exclusive games look much better, the controller is much improved, I can play PS4 games on my Vita remotely. Saving $100 on the console and receiving a library of game with PS+ on launch is awesome. Gaikai streaming will bring PS1, 2 and 3 titles to the PS4. 500GB hard drive that I can remove and replace with 1TB or more if I want.

I guess it helps that I'm a Sony guy who already owns a few things. But really... who thinks that the always-on 24hr check-in is a good idea? If your internet goes down for a couple days you wouldn't have even been able to play it.

There are lots of people who trade in games to get new ones. I'm a bit of a game hoarder sometimes, but if I can get rid of a couple games I haven't played in a year for a new game, that's great. If you sold a game to your friend (who you had to be friends with for more than 30 days on XBL), they have to keep it forever and couldn't sell it to one of their friends. I don't understand it, I guess.

Just my opinion.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The fact that they even thought that their DRM was a good idea tells me all I need to know.

PS4 will have better RAM, the exclusive games look much better, the controller is much improved, I can play PS4 games on my Vita remotely. Saving $100 on the console and receiving a library of game with PS+ on launch is awesome. Gaikai streaming will bring PS1, 2 and 3 titles to the PS4. 500GB hard drive that I can remove and replace with 1TB or more if I want.

I guess it helps that I'm a Sony guy who already owns a few things. But really... who thinks that the always-on 24hr check-in is a good idea? If your internet goes down for a couple days you wouldn't have even been able to play it.

There are lots of people who trade in games to get new ones. I'm a bit of a game hoarder sometimes, but if I can get rid of a couple games I haven't played in a year for a new game, that's great. If you sold a game to your friend (who you had to be friends with for more than 30 days on XBL), they have to keep it forever and couldn't sell it to one of their friends. I don't understand it, I guess.

Just my opinion.

Xbox 360 had a removable hard drive, haven't heard anything to indicate that that is no longer the case with Xbox One. Xbox 360 also had different sales for different hard drive sizes, so you could pick your own. No longer the case?

Nobody thought that that was a good idea. But I think you are overstating it. I would lose my mind if my internet was down for a few days anyways. How many times has that REALLY happened?

Haven't really been following gaming as much recently, but both system both have had solid exclusives. And by looks you can rarely tell all that much about a game.

Meh, it just seems to me like PS is "in" and Xbox is "out". Whatever, I will be Xboxing it up. But all this talk makes me want to crack out my PSP which I haven't played in like 3 years, it was awesome back in the day though.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
It was confirmed that the One will have a 500GB non-removable HD. I assume they could have different sizes in the future.

My uncle has a cabin we go to quite often that doesn't have internet access. If we were going out there for a few weeks I might feel inclined to bring my gaming machine and play, but I'd only have a day to do my playing.

Maybe I'm a bit too anti-Xbox but I was pretty much on the fence until E3. Still doesn't matter to me which system someone chooses. I guess seeing all the polls and angry gamers was the "oh ****" moment.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
good on them for getting rid of the drm stuff. now if they offered a version without the kinect they may have me considering being a customer again .

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
So Microsoft has done a 180 and have gotten rid of DRM, online check ins and game trading.

The hubris alone that it would have taken for them to have decided on that course of action in the first place is enough to sour me on them for a long time.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
M$ just saved themselves a colossal failure.

I will be getting the One as originally planned now. I'm not a PS hater but I am a XBOX guy.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Jays: Winners of 8 in a row, and only one game under .500

Starting to hope for an exciting late summer - fall

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Jays: Winners of 8 in a row, and only one game under .500

Starting to hope for an exciting late summer - fall

I was sooooo pumped for Blue Jays season this year. That April took the wind right out of my sails (it's been like 10 years since I have been pumped for baseball), but now I may have some hope. However the past few years it has been late July/early August that have destroyed the Jays when the divisional play ramps up, so we'll see.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I was sooooo pumped for Blue Jays season this year. That April took the wind right out of my sails (it's been like 10 years since I have been pumped for baseball), but now I may have some hope. However the past few years it has been late July/early August that have destroyed the Jays when the divisional play ramps up, so we'll see.

Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I don't think that will happen this year.

Before, it was always a very young team with an inexprienced staff that overperformed and faded when things got serious.

This year, they had a gorgeous starting rotation, great bullpen, hitting, and lots of veterans. I think now they are back in it, they will only get stronger. GO JAYS GO!

Aela*

i hope the jays pull it together like they have been, they look real good when they put it all together, but other than the past while that hasn't happened a whole lot this season.

also after looking at the exclusives i'd pretty much rather buy a pc right now

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Maybe it's the optimist in me, but I don't think that will happen this year.

Before, it was always a very young team with an inexprienced staff that overperformed and faded when things got serious.

This year, they had a gorgeous starting rotation, great bullpen, hitting, and lots of veterans. I think now they are back in it, they will only get stronger. GO JAYS GO!

I hope your optimism is validated. I am a bandwagon Jays fan, I have no illusions about that (I don't bandwagon ANY other teams in MLB though). Let's see, if Jays are still in it by mid-August I will be here talking Jays with you ;)

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
M$ just saved themselves a colossal failure.

I will be getting the One as originally planned now. I'm not a PS hater but I am a XBOX guy.

Eh. I still much prefer the PS over the Xbox, but I'll go where the games I want are, which are mostly RPGs. I've spent an assload of time on Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen since its release.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Ugh, I tried to follow the Jays somewhat this season. I gave up less than 10 games in. If they can push their way to a fight for the division maybe I'll watch some more.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Microsoft used their ejection seat - the right choice to do. You don't **** with the internet generation guys... I thought an enterprise like Microsoft would have known about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad