Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Had to take my fiancé to the hospital the other night as she was having real bad cramps from her endometriosis. She fainted at work. They said at the hospital she did not have a miscarriage. Well she got a call this morning that it was a miscarriage. It had only been a few weeks too. She had no idea she was pregnant but she had been rather loose with her birth control lately. Not sure what to think right now...

My sympathies to both of you.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Had to take my fiancé to the hospital the other night as she was having real bad cramps from her endometriosis. She fainted at work. They said at the hospital she did not have a miscarriage. Well she got a call this morning that it was a miscarriage. It had only been a few weeks too. She had no idea she was pregnant but she had been rather loose with her birth control lately. Not sure what to think right now...
Really sorry to hear that Duke, that is really, really tough.

Take care of your fiancée and yourself.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sorry to hear about that Duke , i hope you guys are ok . I always try and think positive in bad situations , maybe the next time it will be twins . :thumbu:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Sorry to hear that, it's certainty tough news to hear.

Reactions: Duke749

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Hey man my total sympathies to you and your fiancee. I didn't want to say anything on this forum because it was literally just before Christmas, but my fiancee had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago and it is similar to your story...we kind of suspected she was pregnant just before it happened, then it did and it turned out she was around 2 months. And it's funny because we weren't trying and didn't really want to have kids but after it happened the whole thing was like running into a brick wall. Something changes inside, it's hard to explain.

Best I can say is give her all the support and love you can (my fiancee was devastated but she is starting to feel better now, but phew there were was some rough, rough days) and don't forget about yourself either because it is a pretty lousy feeling for the guy also. But it will get better.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Hey man my total sympathies to you and your fiancee. I didn't want to say anything on this forum because it was literally just before Christmas, but my fiancee had a miscarriage 3 weeks ago and it is similar to your story...we kind of suspected she was pregnant just before it happened, then it did and it turned out she was around 2 months. And it's funny because we weren't trying and didn't really want to have kids but after it happened the whole thing was like running into a brick wall. Something changes inside, it's hard to explain.

Best I can say is give her all the support and love you can (my fiancee was devastated but she is starting to feel better now, but phew there were was some rough, rough days) and don't forget about yourself either because it is a pretty lousy feeling for the guy also. But it will get better.

Fortunately for use she wasn’t more then 3-4 weeks pregnant so it doesn’t hit as hard but it still hits you.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Fortunately for use she wasn’t more then 3-4 weeks pregnant so it doesn’t hit as hard but it still hits you.

Oh that doesn't lessen anything that you are feeling, what is sad is the potential that was lost. What has been hard for us is we are in our 40s and the realization of it's probably too late now has hit us.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Oh that doesn't lessen anything that you are feeling, what is sad is the potential that was lost. What has been hard for us is we are in our 40s and the realization of it's probably too late now has hit us.

My fiancé’s aunt was never supposed to be able to have kids so they went the adoption route and ended up getting pregnant anyways. They still adopted years later though and they’re in their late 40s.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Very sorry to hear that Duke, my wife and I went through that 3 times before the birth of our 1st child and it can be a very emotional thing.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Ugh, that’s gut wrenching for you guys, I’m really sorry. Further to your latter post, it’s not too late, I know it decreases in your 40’s but even that age, miscarriages are not totally uncommon in first pregnancies. I personally know at least half a dozen women who have had children in their 40’s, and I’m just one person.

I know that’s hollow words right now with the pain you feel, but stay positive. It can definitely happen for you guys.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor

Sorry to hear Duke, my sympathies to you and your fiance. My gf and I endured a miscarriage about 8 years ago, she was about 2 months pregnant. It's definitely not an easy thing to go through.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Welp friends. Dark times head. My mom has stage 4 colon cancer that has metastasized to her liver, this as of 11 months ago and only gotten worse. My grandmother has lung cancer, which we found out about a month ago, of which she begins radiation therapy on my birthday. And my wife may have liver cancer as of today, still waiting on test results but things aren't looking good. All I can hope for is that my wife is okay because losing the 3 most important women in my life might be devastating. I wouldn't normally post this and I'm the least religious person you will ever meet. But I need some karma, or energy, or spirituality or whatever sent my way. Anything will do at this point. I'm not looking for sympathy, I get enough of that in my day to day life lately. I just need some good vibes my friends. So please don't send prayers or well wishes or condolences. Please just send every ounce of luck you have and I promise I won't use it on the lottery. The world is a dark place and this place even in it's darkest times has been a huge light in my life. Never take your family for granted my friends. I appreciate you all no matter who you are, you have been my online home away from home for the last 6 years. And no matter how much we may disagree, know that no matter what happens over the next few days, weeks or months. I consider all of the HF Jets family, my family.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I'm sorry my friend. My wife also has endo and the same thing happened to us. All you can do is be with her right now, that is honestly the best thing you can do. Just be present, and mindful. Often hard for us guys, but even if it means putting the game aside. I never offer condolences or prayers, as I'm not religious. I'm just going to send you all of my luck. It's all I have my friend, use it well. You need it.

Reactions: Jets 31

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Welp friends. Dark times head. My mom has stage 4 colon cancer that has metastasized to her liver, this as of 11 months ago and only gotten worse. My grandmother has lung cancer, which we found out about a month ago, of which she begins radiation therapy on my birthday. And my wife may have liver cancer as of today, still waiting on test results but things aren't looking good. All I can hope for is that my wife is okay because losing the 3 most important women in my life might be devastating. I wouldn't normally post this and I'm the least religious person you will ever meet. But I need some karma, or energy, or spirituality or whatever sent my way. Anything will do at this point. I'm not looking for sympathy, I get enough of that in my day to day life lately. I just need some good vibes my friends. So please don't send prayers or well wishes or condolences. Please just send every ounce of luck you have and I promise I won't use it on the lottery. The world is a dark place and this place even in it's darkest times has been a huge light in my life. Never take your family for granted my friends. I appreciate you all no matter who you are, you have been my online home away from home for the last 6 years. And no matter how much we may disagree, know that no matter what happens over the next few days, weeks or months. I consider all of the HF Jets family, my family.
That's beyond rough and proof that life isn't remotely kind or fair. All I can say is I'm a huge fan of the people at Cancer Care Manitoba as they do a remarkable job in what is an awful work environment (moreso for the patients than the employees but being in that environment all the time to work would be a massive grind yet they are remarkably kind, positive and helpful). I hope your family has the same response from CCMB that I received. You're welcome to all the luck I have.

Reactions: Daximus and Jets 31

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Man that's rough. I hope you see good results for your wife when the full results come in. I hope this place and the Jets can continue to be a place of comfort you.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Hoping for the best for you. I'll send as much luck as I can.

f*** Cancer, man. Had an 18 year old cousin die from that shit. Life is so incredibly unfair sometimes.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wishing you tonnes of luck and good fortune , i have a 15 year old godson battling leukemia right now , it sucks and is very hard on him and his family but things are slowly looking better . Stay strong for them and we'll like all your posts for good luck and good vibes . :thumbu:

Reactions: Daximus

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
@Daximus @Duke749 @LucianoBorsato My heart goes out to all three of you guys at the moment, what horrible things to go through. I'm sure all the women in your lives are lucky to have you by their sides. As one of the few female posters on the board, I just wanna add how nice it is to see you all you guys here openly share your problems and support each other. I hope you have a good support network offline too. Us girls are pretty good at gathering around each other but society still has a way to go in taking care of its men emotionally. All the best to you.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

so sorry, sympathies to both of you

Reactions: Daximus and Duke749

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

Oh man, sympathies to you guys too

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

Sending you every ounce of good thoughts, luck and hope for your family during this difficult time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad