Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Welp friends. Dark times head. My mom has stage 4 colon cancer that has metastasized to her liver, this as of 11 months ago and only gotten worse. My grandmother has lung cancer, which we found out about a month ago, of which she begins radiation therapy on my birthday. And my wife may have liver cancer as of today, still waiting on test results but things aren't looking good. All I can hope for is that my wife is okay because losing the 3 most important women in my life might be devastating. I wouldn't normally post this and I'm the least religious person you will ever meet. But I need some karma, or energy, or spirituality or whatever sent my way. Anything will do at this point. I'm not looking for sympathy, I get enough of that in my day to day life lately. I just need some good vibes my friends. So please don't send prayers or well wishes or condolences. Please just send every ounce of luck you have and I promise I won't use it on the lottery. The world is a dark place and this place even in it's darkest times has been a huge light in my life. Never take your family for granted my friends. I appreciate you all no matter who you are, you have been my online home away from home for the last 6 years. And no matter how much we may disagree, know that no matter what happens over the next few days, weeks or months. I consider all of the HF Jets family, my family.

Man this is rough, I hope everything works out for you and your family. Puts whatever problems I have been having in perspective.

Sending out the good vibes through space to you.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Welp friends. Dark times head. My mom has stage 4 colon cancer that has metastasized to her liver, this as of 11 months ago and only gotten worse. My grandmother has lung cancer, which we found out about a month ago, of which she begins radiation therapy on my birthday. And my wife may have liver cancer as of today, still waiting on test results but things aren't looking good. All I can hope for is that my wife is okay because losing the 3 most important women in my life might be devastating. I wouldn't normally post this and I'm the least religious person you will ever meet. But I need some karma, or energy, or spirituality or whatever sent my way. Anything will do at this point. I'm not looking for sympathy, I get enough of that in my day to day life lately. I just need some good vibes my friends. So please don't send prayers or well wishes or condolences. Please just send every ounce of luck you have and I promise I won't use it on the lottery. The world is a dark place and this place even in it's darkest times has been a huge light in my life. Never take your family for granted my friends. I appreciate you all no matter who you are, you have been my online home away from home for the last 6 years. And no matter how much we may disagree, know that no matter what happens over the next few days, weeks or months. I consider all of the HF Jets family, my family.

Ok this totally sucks.

My son (11) daughter (7 soon to be 8) and I have had some pretty strong Karma results lately. Every night we have a ritual where we practice gratitude for what we are thankful for.....we also send out our luck Karma to people who need it....lately our focus has been on my dads partner who has cancer (she rang the bell last week and is doing well), my sons 10 year old buddy who seems to be beating cancer and dropped the puck at the Jets game this season, a friends wife who seems to be winning the battle and rang the bell. Continuing on I have two friends who have cancer the first one won his first battle but now spots on his lungs have shown up so we’ll see but we have moved him off gratitude back onto our active list, a second friend had major surgery for cancer two days before Christmas and so far so good. Selfishly I added Neil Peart to my gratitude list. I feel we have been Channeling as well as we can and we are relentless in our pursuit. It may mean nothing but I want my kids to be grateful for what goes right daily, how blessed they are to live in Canada with a roof over their head and food on the table, and be mindful of those close to us who need our help. We will add Dax’s women to our list.

Really hoping you and the women of your life catch a break.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Thank you for all the support guys and gals! It means a lot to me. I'm usually not a very public person and I haven't even told many of my offline friends about what is going on. My wife wanted me to keep it under wraps until we know more. But it is nice to be able to get it off my chest and let someone know. No matter how good or bad this team gets or how frustrated or happy we all are just know that if I can ever help any of you in any way I will be there!

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That's beyond rough and proof that life isn't remotely kind or fair. All I can say is I'm a huge fan of the people at Cancer Care Manitoba as they do a remarkable job in what is an awful work environment (moreso for the patients than the employees but being in that environment all the time to work would be a massive grind yet they are remarkably kind, positive and helpful). I hope your family has the same response from CCMB that I received. You're welcome to all the luck I have.

Thank you very much! I hope I will never have to return the luck but If I do know that it will come back ten fold. We live in Saskatchewan but my mother and soon grandmother have been going to Regina for treatments at the Allan Blair Center. The staff there are amazing and have been very helpful and friendly during our visits. Everyone who works in these types of environments really do make it so much easier on family, friends and patients. The do some good work and are not appreciated enough in our society.

Reactions: Jets 31

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
@Daximus @Duke749 @LucianoBorsato My heart goes out to all three of you guys at the moment, what horrible things to go through. I'm sure all the women in your lives are lucky to have you by their sides. As one of the few female posters on the board, I just wanna add how nice it is to see you all you guys here openly share your problems and support each other. I hope you have a good support network offline too. Us girls are pretty good at gathering around each other but society still has a way to go in taking care of its men emotionally. All the best to you.

I think that is why I have posted here. There is always a certain expectation that we as men need to be strong during these times. I've managed to remain pretty strong until I heard the news about my wife and that was a major break for me. Just hoping that we get some good news finally. Fingers, arms, legs and hands crossed. :crossfing

Reactions: Jets 31

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Ok this totally sucks.

My son (11) daughter (7 soon to be 8) and I have had some pretty strong Karma results lately. Every night we have a ritual where we practice gratitude for what we are thankful for.....we also send out our luck Karma to people who need it....lately our focus has been on my dads partner who has cancer (she rang the bell last week and is doing well), my sons 10 year old buddy who seems to be beating cancer and dropped the puck at the Jets game this season, a friends wife who seems to be winning the battle and rang the bell. Continuing on I have two friends who have cancer the first one won his first battle but now spots on his lungs have shown up so we’ll see but we have moved him off gratitude back onto our active list, a second friend had major surgery for cancer two days before Christmas and so far so good. Selfishly I added Neil Peart to my gratitude list. I feel we have been Channeling as well as we can and we are relentless in our pursuit. It may mean nothing but I want my kids to be grateful for what goes right daily, how blessed they are to live in Canada with a roof over their head and food on the table, and be mindful of those close to us who need our help. We will add Dax’s women to our list.

Really hoping you and the women of your life catch a break.

Thank you that means a lot! Through all of this I'm starting to realize just how good I've had it. Can't take anyone or anything for granted. The good will always come with some bad. Just have to be thankful with what you have in every moment.

Reactions: ps241 and Jets 31

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Wishing you tonnes of luck and good fortune , i have a 15 year old godson battling leukemia right now , it sucks and is very hard on him and his family but things are slowly looking better . Stay strong for them and we'll like all your posts for good luck and good vibes . :thumbu:

Sending whatever luck and good fortune I have to your godson. He needs it far more than I do!

Reactions: ps241 and Jets 31

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hoping for the best for you. I'll send as much luck as I can.

**** Cancer, man. Had an 18 year old cousin die from that ****. Life is so incredibly unfair sometimes.

Cancer really does suck. My mother was a heavy smoker from about 15 years old onwards and in a way I guess I was half expecting that this would be the way it ends for her. My grandmother has been fit as a fiddle for most of her life and takes very good care of herself. My wife on the other hand has a plethora of health issues but is still active and takes much better care of herself than I do, so to get news that she might be entering the battle as well has taken a major toll on us. Very sorry to hear about your cousin, f*** cancer is damn right.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
MLB coaches caught cheating all get fired.
Bill Belichek caught cheating 4 times: Gets raise and extention.
Ya Belichek should have been kicked out , it hurts the integrity of the game . The MLB cheating is another big black eye to the integrity of the game , wearing buzzers under their clothes to be let known what pitch is coming ? unbelievable .:shakehead

Reactions: snowkiddin

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool!!!!!!!!

upload_2020-1-20_19-36-8.jpeg

We’re going to win the league!

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Larry Walker elected to MLB Hall of Fame ..

Yeah, that's nice. I'm far more interested in seeing the one idiot that denied Derek Jeter a unanimous selection outed, internet shamed and forced into a life of ignominious seclusion. Load up the manure trucks.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Yeah, that's nice. I'm far more interested in seeing the one idiot that denied Derek Jeter a unanimous selection outed, internet shamed and forced into a life of ignominious seclusion. Load up the manure trucks.

Yeah, it's really terrible when some anonymous person on the internet has to be a negative contrarian just for the sake of it. :sarcasm:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Liverpool Liverpool Liverpool!!!!!!!!

View attachment 310983

:thumbu:

Not only that, but there's also a good chance that Leeds United will finally return to the Premier League after 16 years away.

Both awful, awful things. A sign of the end times.

At least the only good thing about Leeds going up will be watching them lose all the time and go back down.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Walker was more than deserving to enter the hall, great, great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad