Eklund Rumor: Jets/Leafs/Flyers

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Huh?

Best forward group? In the NHL?

Okay...

Weakness is on D?

Have you followed the Jets at all?

Byfuglien, Trouba, Morrissey, Kulikov, Chiarot, Myers...?

The Jets are pretty good up and down, but to suggest their forwards are “solved” compared to their D? I don’t see it.

I think he meant assuming Trouba is traded. We don’t want to roll with a rhd long term with Buff, Myers and Poolman.

Poolman is fine bottom pairing.

Buff is getting older only has 2-3 good years left.

Myers is not a guy we want to resign long term, especially if he wants the same salary or a raise.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I just don't see why the jets need another forward. They already have the best forward group in the NHL. D-men is what they need. Hopefully Sami Niku will be a star.

The way I see it is they aren't getting a defenseman close to Trouba's level back for Trouba.

So the Jets can either

A) take a forward back that is just as valuable as Trouba

B) take back picks and prospects and gain cap space

This is of course assuming they are trading him. If they dont, great.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The poster who suggested that Trading sanheim for nylander makes sense also at one time suggested that trading Couturier for Bernier would be a move the Flyers should make, as Couturier was nothing but a 3C.

Its highlighting his inability to evaluate talent, and therefore trades. Its more of a 'flyers board' joke, but still relevant here.

Not just Bernier; Bobby Ryan and Louis Eriksson, as well. :biglaugh:

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
You're aware that "I'm going to be patient" means "I'm not budging", right?

Fun fact ..you cant say that's 100% true. Nylander on record said its between his agent and Kyle. Why the rush..if they know hes staying who cares when he signs.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If he doesn’t have contract issues... then why doesn’t he have a contract?

Samething could be said about Josh M from the Jets, is there contract issues with Josh?

Highly likely nothing wrong with either.....important decisions take time.......if the season starts and either holds out then there is a issue

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
Eklund rumor so this trade would never happen lol, but i would trade Sanheim for Nylander for sure then trade Voracek as a main piece to Karlsson ((:)

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Nylander for only Travis Sanheim is the biggest/worst example of Flyers homerism humanly possible. They are the same age and Sanheim has done nothing in the NHL.
What i said it was a steal. But they are both still 22 and defenseman traditionally take longer to develop. Lets revisit the idea in 3 years
Zero chance on KK for Hagg.

I can't think of who else would be intended by lesser flyers d. Gudas maybe? Kapanen has been brought up in a Simmonds deal as the lesser prospect after the 1st but with simmer on the roster theres already a plethora of depth forwards.

Reactions: pmwlker

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
If he doesn’t have contract issues... then why doesn’t he have a contract?

Because he doesn't lol both sides preached patience what's the rush if they know it'll get done..doesn't matter when does it? The media likes to pour fuel where there is no fire..gets people to watch their shows or listen in on the radio

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Actually a three-way trade could potentially work with those teams
Jets acquire Sanheim
Leafs acquire Trouba
Flyers acquire Nylander
(those are the main pieces, others could be added to even all the values, plus potentially signing Trouba first etc.)

Flyers make out like bandits here. Would need to be something added from their side. Sanheim isn't worth Nylander/Trouba. Not until he proves his hype. He's the same level of prospect as Dermott and people would laugh if Dermott was offered up for Trouba.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I said it once, I will say it again. There are no contract issues. This is media and HF trying to push a narrative.

Johnny Gaudreau signs on October 10th. Six years, $40.5MM.
Nikita Kucherov signs on October 11th. Three years, $14.3MM.
Rasmus Ristolainen signs on October 11th. Six years, $32.4MM.
Ryan Ellis signs on October 5th. Five years, $12.5MM.
Ryan Johansen signs on October 6th. Three years, $12MM.
Alex Pietrangelo signs on September 14th. Seven years, $45.5MM.

gotta get hits right?

Reinhart, Hanifin, Theodore etc...not a peep about those young stars

Reactions: Confucius

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Flyers make out like bandits here. Would need to be something added from their side. Sanheim isn't worth Nylander/Trouba. Not until he proves his hype. He's the same level of prospect as Dermott and people would laugh if Dermott was offered up for Trouba.
Agree that Trouba and Nylander hold more value but Dermott is clearly below sanheim as a prospect

Reactions: Adtar02

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Value wise, maybe. But they dont make the trade, so they dont make out like anything.

Reactions: mdm815

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Because he doesn't lol both sides preached patience what's the rush if they know it'll get done..doesn't matter when does it? The media likes to pour fuel where there is no fire..gets people to watch their shows or listen in on the radio

The point being that anyone who doesn’t have a contract, has a contract issue. In a perfect world I’m sure both sides would admit that they’d prefer to have a deal done

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Agree that Trouba and Nylander hold more value but Dermott is clearly below sanheim as a prospect

Don't see how Dermott is clearly below Sanheim at all. Dermott is younger, has had a better showing in the NHL thus far, and was the #1 defenseman on the best team in the AHL before he was called up to the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad