GDT: Jets@Leafs 7PM HNIC CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Lets win....you wanna go into the playoffs with confidence sky high. Also, f*** the Laine fanboys on the mainboard just WAITING for a chance to say Laine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matthews

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
DZmBhmyU8AETcM2.jpg:large

Reactions: dalseamone

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This hopefully is the second last start this season for McElhinney. Because you want Andersen to stay healthy and start every game for you in the playoffs.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Its a nothing game in terms of playoff implications and third in four nights so a really tough win unless the goalie steals it. I would like to see the young guys played a lot so the core get some rest. I imagine AJ is going down soon so a good chance to give him more than 9 minutes.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I would be sitting Matthews tonight. Make sure that shoulder gets a bit of extra rest. He's always come back super strong, so I'm not worried about him falling out of game shape.

I'd give him 1 or 2 games of our last 4.

Maybe play with our full playoff lineup against Montreal and run them over for our last game of the season.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
My theory has to do with "confidence" and "health" going into playoffs.

Confidence: Freddy picks up a win; and hopefully gain confidence (wasn't really helped much as we gave up 4 goals); at least Freddy did win. Also, on a back to back against Jets probability of Freddy doing that well would have been low so Babs made the call. If Mac wins this game his confidence will be sky high going into the playoffs; and if he loses its not that big of an issue as it is a back to back against a quality opposition; not much of a confidence downer for a back-up.

Health: Jets are known to run go at the net hard; so hopefully avoid your no.1 getting injured.

Makes sense as there must be some internal thinking behind the strategy.

I was thinking similar in that if Jets light up Freddy A then it could rattle him and shake some playoff confidence..

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Makes sense as there must be some internal thinking behind the strategy.

I was thinking similar in that if Jets light up Freddy A then it could rattle him and shake some playoff confidence..

Andersen hasn’t played well but I highly doubt he would be our #1 goalie if Babcock was that concerned about his confidence.

Under Babcock, even going as far as the tank years, we’ve always played our best goalie with the fresher team. It makes a lot of sense. Plus McElhinney has been great this season so there is no reason to deviate from the plans.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Am I the only college student on this board lol. Every one talking about Wives and such...lol

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Nope, I have to go to work. Aren't only schools off?

I work for the board of education. I guess sometimes I take for granted. That means the wife works monday... niiiice :laugh:
Not everyone has Monday off, but it's not only schools - I have both Friday and Monday off and work with the LCBO. (Office, not retail - Most retail locations are closed Friday and tomorrow, but are open on Monday)

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Back to back, 3rd game in 4 nights, Jets looking to rebound from their last game...it could be a tough one tonight.

McVezina needs to continue the roll he's been on.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
honestly have a lot of you forgotten we have a sports science department?
they're not going to rest people willy nilly. you also have to remember that GP/points etc impact the standard players contract so unless there's something seriously wrong they're not going to be sat down.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yeah Laine definitely would just crack here. Luckily for him he plays in a quaint little town.

I get that people are shy/don't like the media whatever, i respect that but this part of your job, go out and media schmooze. my argument has always been what if one day the entire NHL becomes like Toronto - lots of media, no where to really hide super popular. then what?

Being 'invisible' shouldn't be a goal for a PA who wants 50/50 revenue sharing.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I get that people are shy/don't like the media whatever, i respect that but this part of your job, go out and media schmooze. my argument has always been what if one day the entire NHL becomes like Toronto - lots of media, no where to really hide super popular. then what?

Being 'invisible' shouldn't be a goal for a PA who wants 50/50 revenue sharing.
Like most things in Canada, people will just let Toronto do the heavy lifting and spread the word. Still growing the game more than any other place in the world.

Reactions: Daisy Jane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad