GDT: Jets@Leafs 7PM HNIC CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Today feels like such a weird day. I feel like I should mentally be preparing for work tomorrow. I don't like Friday holidays.

Reactions: kesleaf

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Would love a win, but we're at a clear disadvantage with this being our second of a back to back.

As long as we get out if this game unscathed I'll be content. I'm hoping for a surprise though.

It's also our 3rd game in 4 nights and our backup is most likely playing.

Heres a interesting stat tho.

Out of all the 100 point teams the Jets are the only one with a losing road record.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Is that OP pulled from the nhl site? There are a surprising number of inaccuracies.

Notably Matthews apparently only being back for the last 3 games and the claim that Winnipeg leads the central. They are 7 points behind Nashville

The Preview is the Toronto Star and there are some inaccuracies, mostly because of the Easter Holidays and being written yesterday and things like game day line-ups and changes are decided later on game day.

I try to update the changes using twitter as they occur.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Jets will win, only questions left to be answered are:

1. By how many
  2. Will one of our guys get injured
  3. How many will Laine score

mike dad bab clock

May 2, 2016
Should be a good game. McElhinney has been a great backup for us all year, lets hope he can continue doing so tonight.

Also I trust the fans in attendance to get a "Matthews is better" chant going ;)

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Its a little surprising that Freddy got to play against the non playoff NYIs vs a AHL goalie and today vs a Stanley Cup competitor he gets to rest when he would be facing an offense and team Leafs might just face in the playoffs :crossfing if everything goes well.

How come Freddy got the easy matchup and McBackup gets the tough one?

Is there any "method to the madness" behind this strategy ?

My theory has to do with "confidence" and "health" going into playoffs.

Confidence: Freddy picks up a win; and hopefully gain confidence (wasn't really helped much as we gave up 4 goals); at least Freddy did win. Also, on a back to back against Jets probability of Freddy doing that well would have been low so Babs made the call. If Mac wins this game his confidence will be sky high going into the playoffs; and if he loses its not that big of an issue as it is a back to back against a quality opposition; not much of a confidence downer for a back-up.

Health: Jets are known to run go at the net hard; so hopefully avoid your no.1 getting injured.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The Preview is the Toronto Star and there are some inaccuracies, mostly because of the Easter Holidays and being written yesterday and things like game day line-ups and changes are decided later on game day.

I try to update the changes using twitter as they occur.

Oh I hope you didn't think I was attacking you. Just the writer the excerpt came from

That Winnipeg leading the central comment is way off. Time of writing or not

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Oh I hope you didn't think I was attacking you. Just the writer the excerpt came from

That Winnipeg leading the central comment is way off. Time of writing or not

No offense taken, I usually try to get two and some times 3 previews so that they have a better overall stats and info, I've run into this before but I too have a limited amount of media previews when the Holidays are in swing and I've had to go with just the one and if your a member..... Scan this image with AR+ in the @MapleLeafs app to unlock an exclusive video preview.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sypher04

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
27huk8.jpg

Here is hoping:

-Magic reaches 70
-Gards reaches 50
-Mo keeps building on that 50

Reactions: Raging Bull

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
woah, random point but marner has a higher ppg than eichel now throughout their careers! I remember mckenzie or one of those guys saying that some people thought marner would be the 2nd best to come out of this draft over time, I think they're right! Eichel might be a bit better on paper, but his personality blows and hes a crybaby, all that nonsense will hold him back! go mitch!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Boy, that Laine vs Matthews "rivalry" the league was trying to push sure faded away into obscurity, didnt it?

Pretty hard to have one when they only play each other twice a year.

Please win. (I am v. good friends with a WPGer Jets fan and i don't want my phone blowing up if the Jets win lol).

but more importantly pls don't get hurt.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
woah, random point but marner has a higher ppg than eichel now throughout their careers! I remember mckenzie or one of those guys saying that some people thought marner would be the 2nd best to come out of this draft over time, I think they're right! Eichel might be a bit better on paper, but his personality blows and hes a crybaby, all that nonsense will hold him back! go mitch!

Eichel is such a talented player but I find his attitude not helpful. Yeah, everyone knows your team sucks. Why don't you try to mend it by being a leader rather than putting them on blast every so often in the media? That won't accomplish anything.

Reactions: MattySnipes

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Good luck guys , i hope we don't play again until the Stanley cup final , ooooow Bettman would not like that . :laugh: These teams are alot alike and fun to watch , no injuries and someone win in OT. :thumbu:

Reactions: Sypher04

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I've noticed that about Eichel he complains a lot in the media about his teammates and his team which sort of has turned me off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad